Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive. I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

This game is turning into a damn shop.

As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month

Yeah, because you tricked us into saying we'd get something about "4th of July" but you never actually made anything so you thought "Quick quick we need to make them feel appreciated give them 500 cartel coins!!"

Essentially what you gave us was a gift card because you couldn't be bothered to make a present. You basically just gave me a gift card to a shop that I never use. Bruce's response in this thread shows exactly why they gave us a gift card.

I was expecting something exclusive for subscribers. I'm so sorry if you can't understand that.

This is just another incentive to get more subscribers to put money into buying more cartel coins.

The wife/girlfriend analogy was the first thing I thought of when I saw what this gift was.

Take it from someone who's been married nearly 15 years now. When she says she feels undervalued, that you don't listen to her anymore, that you spend all your time working and not paying attention to her, the answer isn't to peel off a fiver and say "There you are love, don't spend it all at once".

This is how this felt. It felt like you put no thought and effort into it and just wanted to fob us off as easily as possible so you could get back to making more cartel market crap that isn't covered by our subscription.

Take that how you will. You're obviously not listening anyway...

Here's my message to you Bioware. Give subscribers something unique, make me and many other subscribers feel appreciated for subscribing. Like I said, cartel coins can be used by anyone, people give you like $50 a week in cartel coins and you're rewarding them by putting more items on the cartel market. But what about subscribers? Have you forgotten about them? Its like you're treating subs as second class... So GIVE us something to make us feel appreciated, something that only subscribers can have/use.

Very disappointing for me Bioware. Anyway, better put on my flame suit, the defenders are coming!

soon™
Edited by Ayelinna

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its on the ground. Dead. And they're kicking it.

or was that what you meant? hehehe

They meant you, beating the dead horse of never being satisfied with FREE stuff. You and the other "entitled" children. You told me in the title to call you that... so I am obliging.

Yeah thats not the point i was making.

Actually, it was.

You got something for free as a subscriber.

You are not satisfied because anyone can buy cartel coins.

Of course, you conveniently omit that you would have to spend real money to get them.

And let's be honest here: Nothing would've been good enough for you.

Yep!

Complaining about free stuff in a video game. I think a few million Egyptians would LOVE to have her First World problem right about now.

My my, you people would do anything to defend bioware, without reading any of the original post.

Actually, it was.

Of course, you conveniently omit that you would have to spend real money to get them.

Actually, it wasnt.

I got something for free that anyone can use. Thats not subscriber exclusive. Everyone can use cartel coins. Nothing special there.

Lets be honest here, youd do anything to defend this game.

You can add ungrateful to your title.

I appreciate the 500 free cartel coins. I bought CC once, when the Market was first released to get a few things quicker. Since then I have only bought things with my stipend. Some months I run out quickly if there's a piece of gear I want that's for direct sale. (I don't buy packs anymore, I just do dailies until I have the credits to buy it off the GTN.)

I've bought rocket boots, opened up all the inventory modules on my account, bought a couple cargo bays and opened Cathar with my stipend. I have the Mirialan tattoos, the Chiss package, and human hairstyles, bought with stipend.

That you think giving away CC as a thank you is going juice people into buying more? Maybe a few, but many are just going to be happy.

Excuse me, I'm going to go open my Shadow's Cathar Warstaff to my account, and pimp out my three Vectors.

My my, you people would do anything to defend bioware, without reading any of the original post.

and you would do anything to bash it.

Once I went on a real proper rant regarding the Pay 2 Rep thingy, only now I'm realizing how silly i must've looked back then. :(

Actually, it was.

Now that's not true.

She'd be perfectly satisfied if everyone in the game was banned but her and she was only person in the world allowed to play SWTOR.