Killing C2-N2

knightkrawlur

I don't read the forums much, but I gotta ask.

Am I the only person that want's to space C2-N2?

He never shuts up. Every time I enter or exit a ship I have to listen too him.

Travel sucks bad enough having to instance a half dozen times to go from one planet to another, he makes the process a hundred times worse.

Reminds me of the Governor of Taris blabbing every time I pass through the freak'n space port.

He's a protocol droid. Of course he's meant to be annoying.

And the fact that you're complaining about him is proof that the character is working as intended.

I've worked on two solutions.

1) I play in Windowed Mode, so when I get near him I just click outside of the game so I can't hear him.

2) I ended up turning off ALL voices (set volume to 0) and just tuned on sub titles. I just went back to reading quest dialog. Seems like a waste since they spend so much time and money on voice stuff but seriously, I can't take that droid any more. lol

Maybe if I could put him somewhere else in the ship or something. He's the ONLY one that talks every time you get near him and he's in the path between the door and the cockpit so you're forced to approach him.

Oh, I don't want to kill him, per se - he's so useful running my crafting missions. I just want to take his vocabulator out. Then again, you actually CAN summon him when you are out in the world, wonder how much he'll say to you if you put him in combat?

Honestly, the way they "fixed" the problem of people regretting to kill their companions was pretty lame. The better solution would have been to provide a set of mute, story-less, sans-VO, generic companions "for hire" that provide all the basic roles. Then you could fill some or all of your missing companion slots (including the void left by spacing your ship droid) with functional equivalents. This would resolve any game balance complaints of knocking off a companion while preserving the gravity of your story choices.

I just hit mute every time I have to run past him. It was simply diabolical of BioWare to put both the Imp and Rep droids right next to the exit hatch on all ships so you'd have to trigger his annoying comments every time you went anywhere.

And I thought Kelly in ME 2 and Bodahn in DA 2 were extremely annoying as well.

Edited by Tamyn

OP, you are not alone!

I have seriously considered trying to dig through the game files to eradicate his voice clips. Sorry to hear from an earlier poster that this is not, in fact, straightforward.

As some others have said, I'd settle for a mute option. But since there isn't one, yes, I would dearly love to scavenge him for a nice earring or something.

Developer attempt at introducing humor to the game. However the placement of him being in the ship that we have to constantly enter was a bad one. He was funny at first, now its just downright annoying.

Please move he him to some far off corner of the ship.

i like that he worries about me...

He makes sure i have snacks on my missions,

RE apolstars the chairs so my bck side is comfie,

He makes changes in the onboard menu,

He repaints my room with non agressive colors,

he repairs engines for better optimal speeds :p

hehe

he cracks me up, i agree that he needs even more sayings :)

and why not add a mute button somewhere when someone gets tired of him talking to much :)

If mine keeps painting my room, the paint will be so thick I won't be able to use it!

I agree OP. The ship droids are annoying. I made the mistake of taking him out in the 'real world' during beta. Every time he healed, he would say "I was just wondering what I could do to please you, Master." I was so annoyed that even when he was fist fighting the NPC with tiny little jabs, I could not laugh, well not than. I knew I had to send him packing back to the ship.

Exellent! I was just wondering what I could do to please you, Master!

That's the thing when you take it planetside, in about 10 seconds. and it does not stop. Ever.

I tried to use the restraining bolt from the droid in Darth Gathon's basement, but that seems not to work at all. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

I hate C2-N2.

I'm trying to go light side, but goddamnit they can permanently change my alignment or even force me to stay neutral and get no light/dark benefits if I could just kill him.

The sound of his voice makes me want to puncture my own eardrums.

I have no problem with 2V-R8 though, I think he's great. Can I trade my C2-N2 for a 2V-R8 model?