Lets face it - The PvP Devs are Useless

Purple-Punch

It's pretty evident with the bolster system .. Who cares about PvP pre-55, bolster all you want .. but in endgame PvP? What is wrong with you people? Just give Partisan gear or soemthing slightly less for free when you hit 55? What a waste of time and resources bolster has been ..

I would definitely start updating the old resume .. and potentially start a new career path .. i highly doubt another MMO company will hire you when they see, Worked on SWTOR PvP team in your resume ..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The intent of Bolster as a means of encouraging more people to participate in WZs is a good one. They just failed at the implementation part.

Expertise and PVP gear still rules in OW-PVP.

The problem is that people fall into two categories: PVPers and non-PVPers. That rarely changes. Bolster doesn't bring any new people into 55 warzones. Rather than focus on trying to attract new people to PVP, the devs should be focusing on appeasing the current PVP base.

The problem is that people fall into two categories: PVPers and non-PVPers. That rarely changes. Bolster doesn't bring any new people into 55 warzones. Rather than focus on trying to attract new people to PVP, the devs should be focusing on appeasing the current PVP base.

Exactly , it makes no sense that they keep trying to adapt WZ's to people that don't really enjoy PvP. Gear grind was not an issue, once they got rid of the Random Loot Bags. Bolster system is a good idea for low level PvP, but has no place in end game PvP.

Edited by Simbr

Exactly , it makes no sense that they keep trying to adapt WZ's to people that don't really enjoy PvP. Gear grind was not an issue, once they got rid of the Random Loot Bags. Bolster system is a good idea for low level PvP, but has no place in end game PvP.

^ This x Freaking infinity squared.

this. the devs have a serious lack of vision

You think? After taking a game that everyone wanted to succeed from millions of subs to a few hunderd K, if that, its more than a lack of vision, its the company of stupid.

Bolster, in theory is one of the better features of PvP this game has. Its just been implemented poorly.

It was at least one possible solution that was good in theory. Too bad they blew it. The fact that it sounds like they haven't figured out how to fix it yet (IE can't guarantee it will be in the next patch) makes things worse.

+1

I like a good mix of PvP and PvE, swinging more in the direction of PvP. Although, I hate WZ's with a passion! I look at it solely as a place to grind out gear for OW-PvP. Too many bad players in pug WZ's. I am not at all the best overall player, but you will be hard pressed to find a better TEAM player than me...Occupational Habit. So, me being consistently immersed in random groups with selfish players, is extremely frustrating. Not that I want those players to go away, because they have to start from somewhere, as well as be cannon fodder for pvp queues.

PvE is a good break from that, because in PvE heroics and such, people are working toward the same end-goal; to kill the bosses, and possibly receive the item they have been wanting. Since there is no reward of any sort for individualism, PvE is a much better environment for ACTUAL teamplay. Sad though, because I hate the amount of time wasted doing PvE content, for the little and sometimes non-existent reward (group falls apart, the item(s) you wanted didn't drop, and/or you don't win a roll for anything.) Not saying that all PvE situation are optimal either.

It seems like each side has a quality that I wish the other did. PvP has the desired gear, with the ability to obtain at own pace (whether fast or slow); although you trade off having to play with many terrible and/or new people. Where PvE has less desired gear (for myself atleast), but the teamwork of PUGs is significantly better.

Would be awesome if they figured out some way to make a working hybrid of PvE and PvP, where players had the desire to work together, like in PvE, but with PvP worked into the mix (not referring to open world). Somewhat similar to (I know I will catch flak for the reference)

in World of Warcraft. For those that don't already understand the reference. Alterac Valley is a PvP instance, like a Warzone, where the players would fight/interact throughout, but there were PvE bosses that each team had to take down, on their way to the final boss. The game could be won by being the first to kill the enemies' boss, or by draining tickets. Killing the boss is always faster, if the enemy team makes it feasible for you. These bosses REQUIRED someone to Tank them, Heal, and DPS, just as any other PvE boss would. And on top of that, if you didn't take, hold, and destroy enemy towers along the way, there would be the corresponding amount of insanely powerful mobs fighting with the last boss, often making it impossible to kill him, without going back and taking the towers (which removes the mobs). All this happening while personnel from the enemy team are disrupting and sometimes outright thwarting progression attempts by your team.

I have rambled on too much. Just my $0.02 on what i'd like to see in the future.

The intent of Bolster as a means of encouraging more people to participate in WZs is a good one. They just failed at the implementation part.

Expertise and PVP gear still rules in OW-PVP.

They just needed to bolster the recruit gear, which would have been a far easier solution that worked 100% right out of the gate.

Bolster, in theory is one of the better features of PvP this game has. Its just been implemented poorly.

Yes, its outstanding in what's now 10-54 PvP. Mixing bolster with end game pvp though, screams of poor foresight.

This!

This teams motto should be if it only worked

This lol!

this. the devs have a serious lack of vision

And this!

GREAT in theory - absolutely horrible implementation. I'd also argue that it works well from 10-54...just not at 55.

Blah blah Bolster, blah blah.

blah blah attention w.h.o.r.e. blah blah

your post is pure troll. you're a posting board all star. we get it. go away.

(agree or disagree, at least you say something of substance in other threads)

Edited by foxmob

blah blah attention w.h.o.r.e. blah blah

I'm glad it's obvious to others as well :)

Bah! You edited too late - I completely agree with ur edit!

Edited by TUXs

Yes, its outstanding in what's now 10-54 PvP. Mixing bolster with end game pvp though, screams of poor foresight.

I would rather they didn't lump such disparate levels into the same WZs, because the abilities unlocks are very unbalanced. the pre 2.0 version of bolster was gear dependent, but that allowed lowbies to close the gap created by a dirth of abilities with larger health pools and higher dps stats on their gear -- if they were willing to pay for it (via time crafting or credits on the GTN). in a weird twist of fate, 2.0 lowbie seems to reward lower levels for NOT wearing good gear while it punishes higher levels for it. why on earth a 30 in greens would have more hp and expertise than a 50 in purples is beyond me.

as for separate pvp gear grinds, as long as the entry level pvp gear has the same or almost the same expertise as end game pvp gear (thus, the only difference is in main stats and side stats), then I see absolutely no need for bolster. in fact, if you use a bolster system *universally*, then I see no need for expertise. the two together is needlessly complicated.

please link me if I'm wrong, but at this point I would just be happy if they provided the math on how the new bolster works.

Theory crafting for pvp at this point is a bit of a crap shoot as you don't really know what your stats are going to be until you zone in......

It was at least one possible solution that was good in theory. Too bad they blew it. The fact that it sounds like they haven't figured out how to fix it yet (IE can't guarantee it will be in the next patch) makes things worse.

Ok so its a problem that takes a serious fix. They are gonna work on that. fixing it in a month not happening.

Seeing as how WoW devs have yet to fix simple companion (aka pet) pathing issues after a decade, I will say at least they are pointing in the right direction and coming up with positive solutions.

For me I enjoy pvp and pve. no im not a segragated type of person. I enjoy the idea that the bolster is there. I don't like that it's screwed things up somewhat but the whining from players who never grinded 55 pvp (you just saved the comms from before.) is rediculous. Most of you want the days of recruit gear, you know when the gear gap was so bad people said "F pvp at level cap, the gap is too big" now we narrow the gap and its "f capped pvp, I can't over gear anyone anymore."

I always felt gear was the most god aweful rediculous notion for pvp rewards since it isnt truly a reward to a skilled player if they want a challenge. Expertise needed to be a raid stat and not a pvp stat, dropping their gear stats slightly instead making PVE content challenging yet easier to control via gear would have been a better answer.