BW: please do something about the blatant hacking.

mattkingsw

WZ's are hilarious these days..

Last one, a Guardian continuously went invisible and was actually attacking us invisible. Since we couldn't target him we couldn't damage him. He seemed to find it funny. He also speed hacked, VERY blatant from turret to turret to quickly cap them.. The ENTIRE SIDE of ours witnessed his invisibility hack over and over.

It's so blatant now people don't even TRY to be careful when they use them.. They are flat out using them nonstop in some cases. Funny part is, we still won the warzone, but it wasn't without immense work against that guy. He literally controlled the entire match, and has a useless pug team. But without the hack it wouldn't have been close.

Do something about these hacktools. People have the impression BW doesn't care, so the use of them is becoming rampant.

Jung ma server is full of hackers, I do hope they do something soon. Hacks in an mmo is quite new to me, I would have thought there security measures would have been a bit more up to par.

Not saying anyone in this thread is guilty of this, but I do wonder how many of these people calling hacks are just people new to the game that don't understand class mechanics/abilities.

There are plenty of bots and hacks for this game on the net. You are fooling yourself if you think no one uses them. I see it all the time. Many speed hacks. And they just do not move faster but their casting time as well . Which in turn makes their dps way higher than it is suppose to be as well as stuns and other defenses etc.... They should just let everyone download and use them that way it would be a lot more competitive. Edited by HeetCrusher

I agree that it's obvious, rampant and out of control.

Anyone who thinks there is no hacking problem is delusional.

Do a google search and see how many pages of free hacks and bots come up.

I strongly agree that Bioware doesn't seem to give a damn about it too.

I have played since the start and in my experience the vast majority of hacking accusations are just players not understanding abilities or consequences of the somewhat clunky engine. Unless you have at least 2 different classes at valor 80 or above it is probably a good idea to try and search on the internet for anything you think is fishy. In the thousands of warzones played I have seen what I thought was real cheating twice so far and after being reported I never saw said players ever again. Maybe my server is blessed but I doubt it.

WZ's are hilarious these days..

Last one, a Guardian continuously went invisible and was actually attacking us invisible. Since we couldn't target him we couldn't damage him. He seemed to find it funny. He also speed hacked, VERY blatant from turret to turret to quickly cap them.. The ENTIRE SIDE of ours witnessed his invisibility hack over and over.

Was this Guardian a Combat Sentinel? Who can go invisible, hit 99% immunity to damage and speed all over the place?

Edited by Wainamoinen

Jung ma server is full of hackers, I do hope they do something soon. Hacks in an mmo is quite new to me, I would have thought there security measures would have been a bit more up to par.

Interestingly, all of this happens on Jung-Ma, and I didn't even mention that.

its not hacking.

Its one of a million bugs that have been around since beta that our subscription payments have yet to fix.

In biowares defense...

Its far easier to recolor existing skins to resell on the cartel market, then to actually fix broken things.

The invisible thing is a bug...its happened to me on my marauder and I've seen it happen to others. As far as hacks, I can't think of a single hack I've ever seen in this game other than the questionable capping speed on voidstar at times.

I've only seen one hack lately in warzones, the warping hack.

Like really, you KNOW it when you see it. It's not rampant. It shows up more in huttball then other warzones (no, I'm not talking about the fall through levels 'hack', I'm sure that's a bug/visual illusion).

Other thing that may be a bit rampant is third party programs/macro creators, but anyone can use them for example naga or logitech keyboard software.

I sitll believe in dynamic button pushing though. Timing matters sometimes, using macros takes some of the dynamic decision making out of the equation.

Edited by islander

Was this Guardian a Combat Sentinel? Who can go invisible, hit 99% immunity to damage and speed all over the place?

Yea, because it's difficult to tell the difference between a Guardian and a Sentinel :rolleyes:

The thing is though, when sents/maras use their force camo, you lose them as a target. I've been seeing the same thing OP is talking about, char goes invis, still have them targeted though and they are beating the snot out of me or the people around me and yet we can't hit them with anything, not even aoe. I know that sometimes there's a bug from Warrior/Knight or Van/PT jump, or some stuns, that can jam a person in the graphics for a bit, but I've seen this happen with chars that have not been jumped on or stunned.

Yea, because it's difficult to tell the difference between a Guardian and a Sentinel :rolleyes: .

Yeah, because someone couldn't fail to tell the difference. Oh wait, of course they could.

Not only that, but some people play without class markers above players. Daft, but there you go.

On the topic of invisbility, I've had not only players but the whole stadium in Huttball go invisible. I could see Nar Shadaa through the floor. Game can do weird things without people hacking.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-FiHf9mqJhSUWhMZzlyemhMWkk/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-FiHf9mqJhSOEdZN2JsVXZ6UEk/edit?usp=sharing

One of the rare occasions I decided I needed to just quit out (and restart the game).

Edited by Wainamoinen

Yeah, because someone couldn't fail to tell the difference. Oh wait, of course they could.

Not only that, but some people play without class markers above players. Daft, but there you go.

In all seriousness, how can one fail to tell the difference between a Guard and a Sent?:confused:

Yea, I had that happen once where I was stuck between NS and HB arena, that sucked LOL

Edited by beattlebilly

Its so bizarre that the OP is even trying to prove his point here. The deniers club isnt about to announce.."You caught me..I'm a bad boy I promise I'll stop"

The questionable behaviour is always the same and has been since game launched

1)convenient lag that always affects 1 team and not the other

2)players with unmoving health bars who just seem indestructible

3)zipper heads who just seem to never have cool downs on their sprint abilities

4)permastealth characters who dont have to come out of any cloak to attack, neat skill..oh wait it must be a bug ;p

5)players who appear, disappear and reappear in a different point without any visible evidence they used any ability at all

and as always the defense team always has this in reply

: fraps or it didnt happen

:you dont know how to play

:you dont understand abilities

:I never see these things happen

:it must be a graphics bug

Im sure I missed a few but then Ive gone numb to the idiotic responses and cant keep track of the crap that is constantly used as lame explanations.

None of which matters in any way shape or form, just report and let Bioware sort em out, dont waste your time trying to be honorable in this den of scum and villany.