Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is the republic boring

LD_Little_Dragon
12.24.2018 , 02:51 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by vingmotor View Post
because of the light side community vs the dark side.
the light side is a couple of stiffs basicly with no sence of humor.
You mean PUBside community vs IMPside community.

Light Side and Dark Side are not faction-specific.

That said - I personally prefer the pubside community to the impside. Normally the impside general chat has more obnoxious types that feed off each other than the pubside. (Note, I said normally. Impside chat can, and has, been interesting and amusing to me somedays, and pubside can get obnoxious sometimes.)

Story wise I prefer the impside, but that's a personal preference. I like the self-centric stories more than the grandious 'greater good' type stories you find on pubside.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Morvoldo
12.24.2018 , 04:34 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I thought Kira was the best vanilla companion period. Jealous my Jedi's couldn't romance her and I don't believe it would be the same to do what they're doing now with some of the companions and making it possible in updates, as it would've been nicer from the start.

However, for Rep side...

Tharan love him. He isn't boring at all. He also comes with a second one and she's awesome too.

Nadia isn't boring, quite nice. Her with Tharan are my fave Consular companions. Felix is a sweet romance option, but he's boring, maybe if they made him the one with the missions to run instead of Qyzen and we went about unlocking the secrets in his head.

Risha is awesome.

One of the things that may make them more entertaining is with Risha and Nadia, we get them way before they become a companion.

Trooper is just a bit of a boring story all together, and while I like Jorgan and Dorne, I wouldn't consider them the best.

And yes, Red side does get Vette, I'd rate her as one of the top companions. Though she seems to be more about a LS Sith Warrior as I still don't see how a DSV type of Warrior would let her free of the collar.
agree with all this as is same as my choice, Kira is the best so snarky i love it, and T7 and Qyzen were good companions too, but i did like Mako and torian on BH (shame we had to choose, shouldn't of done either)
The Anitcipation of Death is Worse than Death it self

Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/wbxCgt

ceryxp
12.24.2018 , 05:41 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post

That said - I personally prefer the pubside community to the impside. Normally the impside general chat has more obnoxious types that feed off each other than the pubside. (Note, I said normally. Impside chat can, and has, been interesting and amusing to me somedays, and pubside can get obnoxious sometimes.)

Story wise I prefer the impside, but that's a personal preference. I like the self-centric stories more than the grandious 'greater good' type stories you find on pubside.
That must be why I generally like the Pub side stories more. Light side Smuggler and Consular (my favorite class story) both have a lot of that greater good emphasis (especially the Consular).

And I totally agree about the communities. It seems a lot of people who play Imp side RP being dark side a little too much.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

AdharaKyleth
12.24.2018 , 09:33 PM | #54
It generally annoys me when people says (perhaps not word for word) that the Empire is better than the Republic.
Ok, so let's compare the two: It's a democracy, mainly supported by a cult that has good morals (mostly) and is slow to act most of the time. Sometimes you have corrupt senators and military makes questionable decisions for the greator good. Also, they may use planets for resources. And you can't just do what you want, you have to report to your superiors and fill out files and are responsible for everything you do. Not a Utopia, far from it, but not the worst.
The Empire is run by another cult, that promote selective breeding, specieism, slavery, backstabbing, and murder. You have to kiss the boots of your superiors to get anywhere, and the survial of the fittest is daily practiced. True, if your a sith you have power over the people, whereas a Jedi is the people's servant. I think it's probably a form of power vs no power, and obviously, wish fulfillment. P.S. I also enjoy playing a sith, but I'd rather live in the Republic if I had a choice.
Theronite <3 Quinn <3
Adhara Kyleth Teraalin Nyx Scatha
http://www.swtor.com/r/fVFywm

IoNonSoEVero
12.24.2018 , 09:51 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post

It's weird because I've personally had the opposite experience. Before I turned off gen chat, the ones Republic-side planets and fleet were more mature than the Empire, for sure. But outside of Droumnd Kaas, in those common daily areas like Yavin and CZ,-198, 9 times out of 10 when I've been hassled by another player or they've raced to get a node I'm about to collect or steal a mob or something, it's been someone playing a Jedi or trooper. Not smugglers, for some reason.

SithKoriandr
12.24.2018 , 10:22 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by AdharaKyleth View Post
It generally annoys me when people says (perhaps not word for word) that the Empire is better than the Republic.
Ok, so let's compare the two: It's a democracy, mainly supported by a cult that has good morals (mostly) and is slow to act most of the time. Sometimes you have corrupt senators and military makes questionable decisions for the greator good. Also, they may use planets for resources. And you can't just do what you want, you have to report to your superiors and fill out files and are responsible for everything you do. Not a Utopia, far from it, but not the worst.
The Empire is run by another cult, that promote selective breeding, specieism, slavery, backstabbing, and murder. You have to kiss the boots of your superiors to get anywhere, and the survial of the fittest is daily practiced. True, if your a sith you have power over the people, whereas a Jedi is the people's servant. I think it's probably a form of power vs no power, and obviously, wish fulfillment. P.S. I also enjoy playing a sith, but I'd rather live in the Republic if I had a choice.
Exactly. Empire isn't better.

One could say more fun. I can get behind that. However, just as good or even better? No.

The Republic is the good guys with some bad apples.

The Empire is the bad guys with some good apples.

No matter how hard those good apples in the Empire try to improve the Empire. They will fail. It's shown. The betray. They step on. They're promises are lies. The only thing you can trust, is they will stab you in the back.

There are exceptions, like I said, but all in all, Empire is evil.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

RickShan
12.25.2018 , 03:40 PM | #57
I'm not saying that Republic side is boring, but personally Empire seems more social, I can go for hours without people talking in chat, even in the guild I'm in.
But on Imp side, i can always find the chat a bit active, and not just on Dromund Kaas.
Free stuff, 7 days free, and more!

http://www.swtor.com/r/yTvq3K

ZirusZero
12.25.2018 , 11:55 PM | #58
I don't know why, but I keep running into meatheads on the impside that don't like to avoid mobs that much in flashpoints.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.