What classes have you enjoyed the most?

Master_Hitsugaya

Ok so I got my bounty hunter(powertech/pyrotech) to 55 last week and also have a lvl 44 Jedi sentinal(combat spec)

And. I have enjoyed both of these. I really enjoyed the first chapter of the bounty hunter story and after that it was kind of meh, but I have also loved bounty hunters combat animations and just playing one.

My Jedi knight is my only republic character and while I can't say there was anything outstanding I have enjoyed him overall.

So I was just wondering what classes people enjoyed and what the liked about them story? Combat?

In terms of story, I think the agent's is the most interesting, but the warrior gets the best companions. The bounty hunter has my least favorite story. This is just for Empire characters, I have not finished any of the republic stories.

For gameplay, Assassin and Juggernaut are my two favorites. Doesn't matter if I am tanking or dpsing, it is still a lot of fun. I also have fun dpsing as a powertech or marauder, and healing as an operative.

I actually have a lvl 23 sith sorc(lightning spec) and a lvl 17 Sniper( marksman spec) that I plan on lvling during the double xp weekend. I feel like I will enjoy them and I like that with the exception of thundering blast my sith sorc pretty much has all the skills I will use in his rotation (affliction,crushing darkness, lightning strike,reelessness, lightning storm, and chain lightning) while using overload/unnatural preservation/ static barrier as defense skills make the sorc nice( I am using HK-51 as my comp) I have not played the agent much.

i have all Pub 55 classes. i have an assassin 55 and a sniper 53 but unfortunately by the time i made those dudes i stopped caring about story and was more interested in getting buff and rich. So i don't have much feedback for those.

My best experience was my knight. Trooper was first toon for me then sage but guardian became my main with scoundrel as second main. Jedi knight in my opinion has the most interesting story by far. Although being a tank i often feel useless (primarily in PvP) it's a very fun class. Scoundrel is also very fun class but it's such a challenging playstyle. I think that once you fully level and master a scoundrel/operative it in tern makes you an all around better player at the game and helps you preform better with your other characters do to it being so engaging and other classes are relatively more controlled and relaxed. therefore when i put as much effort into my Sin as i have been forced to with my Scoundrel, i find that i impress myself sometimes.

While all of the classes are fascinating and have their perks, as a fan of the the star wars universe, it gets hard to favorite a non-lightsaber user imo. I find i'm always coming back to the knight if not for any other reason than sentiment and immersion.

Combat Style?

Assault VG/Pyro PT

Balance Sage/Madness Sorc

Hybrid Sage/Sorc

Engineering Sniper/Saboteur Slinger

Story Line?

Agent, Warrior, Knight, Smuggler.

I missed a lot of the troopers storyline though cause I did literally everything possible, and ended up hitting the level cap at voss.

Lightside BH was also pretty enjoyable.

Edited by TACeMossie

I have been fortunate enough to finish all classes and have enjoyed them all for different reasons

Jedi Knight stands as a favourite storyline for me as I really felt very Jedi Knight like and all of it had this wonderful epic feel about it. Best ending of the lot of the stories.

Consular, I played first, I can see why it is not everyone's cup of Tea but I really like the Force and diplomacy side of it all and it had a nice twist at the end. I do love the animations for the powers as well, very good.

Smuggler was hilarious fun, I didn't like the game play as much as I really enjoyed being a Smuggler, I felt like Han Solo so much. Getting into the most amount of trouble and somehow pulling through despite the odds was very satisfying

Trooper - in two minds about this. Played a Vanguard and am levelling a Commando. Love the military feel of it, love the "You can fix any problem by pointing a gun at it" - lets face it, some of the Commando guns are things of beauty. Liked the companions on the whole, couldn't grumble. But - I don't like one of the missions which I won't spoil, but the Lightside/Darkside choice ruined it a lot. Also the ending. Not really sure after all my poor Trooper went through that it was the best reward. I did love the story as a whole, it was really good, but very put off with those small things

Agent - very good story - very sinister and worth slugging it out despite not really enjoying the gameplay - bit like the Smuggler really. Will level a Sniper and see if that changes

Bounty Hunter - oh yes, loved it completely. Really good story, all 3 chapters rocked love the gameplay - I prefer fire over guns but that is beside the point. Blizz is also ADORABLE!

Sith Warrior not as epic as Knight - the Force Leap is slower - but oh boy did I love the story and being incredibly sarcastic towards my Master. Nice power plays and Vette was a good companion

Sith Inquisitor - Darth Zash was perfect - just perfect - like some eccentric and wonderful aunt who is the life and soul of the party! Played the Lightside on all my characters including my first Inquisitor, 2nd Inquisitor I'm playing Dark sided and ho boy what a difference!

I'm a big fan of the Lightside, its just me, I'm a naturally Light Side person - I felt the Inquisitor was the right class to go evil on and I do on the whole feel a little like Palpatine electrocuting people over a great many things! Bwahahaha etc!

So there you go, hope its not too long!

I am low level so far, but I love Smuggler (coolest animations & character feel award), Imperial Agent (story is AWSOME!) and Sith Warrior (they pumped a LOT of efforts in making it very appealing to play it).

I don't quite enjoy my Consular, apart from getting the Rajivari Lightsaber cutscene which was great, the story was good, but not supported by the cool-feeling quests (my husband's Knight's every story quest has a Heroic feel to it, mine were all about finding x parts of something). It picks up, but the whole self-sacrifice aspect in Act I is so far just doesn't have the pizzas. Because, honestly, do you think your character will die in Chapter I?

I am completely ambivalent about playing Trooper or BH, though I have a pet BH character concept that I might try and probably like. Sith Inquisitor looked too weak to play on her own (I had to send my IA to Korriban to keep my husband's Inquisitor alive), so I am not trying it until I can perma-pair him (or create a different character, not attached to my current incarnation in Legacy).

Edited by DomiSotto

I actually just finished my Jedi knights story and have to say I destroyed the final boss( might have something to do with my valiant armor being decked out in lvl 50 artifact armoring/mods/enhancements and the lvl 49 artifact augments) and of course HK-51 got accesses to his lvl 50 blue gear but I found the final boss super easy. Out of the 2 toons I have got past lvl 50 story wise Jedi knight/ gameplay bounty hunter.

I got my sorc and agent at lvl 25 and am waiting for the double xp event to try and raise them to 50 and have to say I am looking forward to them both.

Edited by Master_Hitsugaya

Jedi Guardian and Sith Assassin

The Jedi Guardian is my main...and the only reason I play this game. I definitely prefer using one saber...and having tanking abilities...but having Force Stasis AND Force Push easily makes this the best class...in my opinion.

The storyline was the perfect hero storyline. It's straight forward...but you are the hero of the story, so it works.

The Sith Assassin was created to offset my Guardian in terms of character, storyline, and mechanics. I love the Force resource mechanic for Assassins. It really reminds me of the Stamina mechanic for City of Heroes, which I loved. Not to mention having a character that is kickass with a doublebladed saber...and can shoot lightning.

The storyline was perfect to create a bad guy that you "cared" to see his story...at least in the sense that you have the opportunity to make it so that there is a gradual descent into darkness...and you can show that there are reasons why this character became pure darkside in the end. (of course, this all depends on how you play the character and the choices you make.) I played my character as a powerful force user who could have been one of the best Jedi if he was taken in by them, like the Jedi or Korriban says, but he became a force of evil through the ways of the empire, lies, deception, etc.

Edited by VitalityPrime

I really enjoyed Sage. Consulars story was IMO very good, especially chapter 3.

My Sentinel was also good fun and her heroic story was interesting, but I felt it was for men because femKnights romance is so lame:p

Now I'm enjoying Smuggler, story is nah but cutscenes damn fun and Corso:D

I love the Sith Warrior story. I played a mostly dark side juggernaut, who was honorable and very pro-empire, but nonetheless ruthless in war. He was honest and kept his word, but on the flip side that meant if he threatened to kill you, he meant it lol. I made a lot of choices that reflected a high value for the empire and its citizens, as well as the Sith. Many of those choices were light side, interestingly. Overall he wound up somewhere on the dark side spectrum by the time I finished the class story. I then rerolled and did it again because I enjoyed it so much.

I played a light side bounty hunter as well and loved the story. Dark side felt too "tryhard" for this class, it didn't flow as organically as it did for the sith warrior. I played a character who placed high value on trustworthiness and maintaining her reputation, and found the story quite enjoyable.

I'm currently playing my third consular, though I've never finished the class story. I do enjoy the story, though. The reason I haven't finished it is simple. Ultra-light-side consular is unbelievable, idiotic, and gag-worthy. She was so sweet she gave me cavities, and her kindness and benevolence FREQUENTLY put the mission objective in jeopardy. That doesn't sound like a very effective jedi to me, nor does it actually sound very light side at all to be such a slave to her emotions (despite the fact that Bioware's mechanics insisted she was in fact full light side lol).

So I tried playing a dark side consular and discovered all the continuity errors people have been talking about since the game launched. It made me sad, and it broke my immersion to such a degree that I started over yet again.

I'm trying out a character more in the middle and am absolutely in love with the Consular class story now. A little moral ambiguity really makes this glorified politician actually feel like one, while still upholding the values of the jedi order and the safety of the republic. I think what I like best about the consular story, though, is that it's a little slower and more subtle. The entire first act is so behind the scenes, it was a bit refreshing to not be a major player in galaxy-shaping events (as far as class missions are concerned) right from the start. I've kind of enjoyed the break I've had from the "accidental galactic hero" routine so far, though I'm sure it will catch up with me in act 3.

Gameplay-wise I loved leveling and playing as a juggernaut, immortal spec. Vette and I ripped through anything that stood in our way, and Quinn was always on standby in case I hit a rough spot. It was hands down my favorite class, gameplay alone, of everything I've tried.

Second I'd have to say was jedi shadow. Again, I leveled as a tank.

Third would be bh/mercenary, arsenal spec. I just loved the bounty hunter mechanics, and healing as a merc was also pretty fun. I mean I SHOOT PEOPLE TO HEAL THEM. And throw kolto grenades. BOOM! EXPLOSIONS! HEALS EVERYWHERE! It was glorious.

I've rerolled my shadow as a sage and have to say I do not enjoy leveling this character. Love the class story, hate the mechanics of ranged caster dps. I do enjoy healing, though.

Edited by eldefail

• 2 weeks later...

I've leveled 2 Mercs to 55, 1 Commando 55, 3 more mercs to @ 30, 1 more commando to 25, and a bunch more mostly mercs between 10-18. So i guess you could say i like mercs and commandos. I only ever run arsenal and gunnery and i only level with Gault and Jorgan until i reach Makeb then i have to bust out a healer.

Other then that i've also gotten a jugg and sniper to 55. Mara, PT, Assassin in the 40 range and everything else is 30 and below. Right now i'm trying to get into leveling a Scrapper (the middle scoundrel tree?) but the damage feels a bit weak, and i hate the long GCD since i'm more used to a WoW rogues GCD. I'm also trying to level another PT/Vanguard, Sage/Sorc but at lower levels it's just sooooo boring.

Hmmm....so far in my play list...

1. Sith Warrior

2. Imperial Agent

3. Jedi Consular

4. Jedi Knight

5. Sith Inquisitor

6. Smuggler

7. Trooper

8. Bounty Hunter

For someone who's 9/10 a republic minded person, I'm having a blast with the imp side- guess because I can finally create a toon that I feel, IMO, is a pragmatic villian. Currently loving my LS Warrior, I take a few dark side options, but I'm sorta mentally RPing her to have an Imperial Remnant mindset intead of 'me smash kill, me big bad sith!" and some 'LS' options I picked, I think are far worse than the DS :D

Story wise, I only started Ch. 2 recently on my knight, everyone else is in their tweens and my warrior is my 3rd highest toon, but I'm loving the SW, IA, and JC stories the best, but that's just my personal taste

I sometimes miss the times when I first stumbled through the galaxy with my (first) scoundrel. Seems like ages ago (you know, there was no group finder, we had to wait up to level 25 to get our speeder and such things...). Maybe it is because everything was new to me but I enjoyed (and still enjoy) her the most. The story was a lot of fun and the animations are quite something. The fact that I constantly had little money enhaced the experience even more.

Talking about gameplay: I did not really like the consular/inquisitor-classes and I did not enjoy the story of both that much as well. The latter is true for troopers as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing a commando because the huge giant gun was awesome but after a while I found it boring and so I rolled a Sith Warrior. Absolutely loved it. Big brooding red Sith with a great voice. Originally started with all DS options, I wanted pure evil, but Vette slowly started working him over with guilt trips and her cute little voice. It got inside his head. After a while he wished she still had that zapper collar on.

By the middle of the story my Jugg was a total softy. Oh to the outside world he was hard as nails entittled Imperial who would just as soon cut you in half as look at you, but with Vette he went soft. He began to make LS choices to gain her approval. Part of him wanted to take her and make her his own, but he wanted her to give herself to him willingly. He could have used his powers and had his way with her, but Vette revealed his soft heart under that Sith exterior and he slowly fell in love with her.

The story line was perfect, loved heading back to the starting area and visiting that nasty worm who called me "slave" at every opporunity. To watch him grovel was great. Not giving any spoilers away but the ending of the story arc was awesome. I just wish I had more interaction with Vette.

Liked the Bounty Hunter and Marauder, not necessarily their stories just how they play in general. Story wise they are alright all classes stories are very cliche. Either I haven't gotten far enough on my agent yet or the story isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. I am enjoying my Trooper class although the Vanguard "feels" weird I guess. Feels like it should have more range skills but maybe I am weird. Consular and Inquisitor are pretty fun stories are pretty generic as one would expect. Sniper is a lot of fun if you enjoy being a turret that wrecks people at good range. Gotta say all in all am enjoying most if not all the classes thus far. Haven't come close to completing a lot of them but none the less look forward to getting quite a few to end game status.

But to answer the question the four classes I have enjoyed the most are: Mercenary, Sniper, Trooper, and Marauder.

Honourable mentions to my lower level classes that have promise are: Scoundrel, Consular, Sorcerer, and Assassin.

The story line was perfect, loved heading back to the starting area and visiting that nasty worm who called me "slave" at every opporunity. To watch him grovel was great. Not giving any spoilers away but the ending of the story arc was awesome. I just wish I had more interaction with Vette.

I think you are mixing up the Inquisitor and Warrior storylines here.

Gameplay: All tank classes... but I really like playing tanks in MMOs anyway.

Story: Agent and Warrior had great stories from start to finish. Bounty Hunter had a good first chapter, Jedi Consular had a good third chapter (for which one has to endure the really terrible prologue and first chapter).

Story:

Fav Smuggler -- Independent, and unpredictable

Fav Sith Inquisitor -- Enjoyed the story arc, although it bogged down a bit for me at times.

Like Trooper -- Interesting

Like Bounty Hunter -- The first two chapters. The 3rd, not so much.

Play, totally personal preference. (I most enjoy playing DPS ranged, and Healer):

DPS Smuggler Gunslinger

DPS Imperial Agent Sniper

Healer Sith Sorcerer

Healer Jedi Sage

1. Agent - There's a cutscene in Act 2 that really was amazing, so excellent that it gives Agent #1.

2. Trooper - I just love the military feel of this one.

3.Consular - I really did like the Force-y feel to this one, and I got an excellent view of that by playing it both light and dark.

Edited by Trooperclay
cause