Crafted orange moddable gear

terminova

I was making some Sniper's Headgear (level 19 SW/IA moddable helm, Armormech 90), and tried to reverse engineer one both with only an armor mod and fully modded, and the game wouldn't let me reverse engineer it even though the tooltip said I should have been able to. I've been able to reverse engineer other orange moddable items in the past and other orange moddable items currently in my inventory could be reverse-engineered.

Are some of the orange craftable items in the game missing the coding that allows them to actually be reverse engineered?

the warhero gear that my Synthweaver crafted cannot be RE for some reason, i think/hope its a bug, but Im not sure. I also have other Orange moddable gear that CAN be RE but not if i craft it only if I find it.

I've been wrong before:

Generally, only orange gear WITH mods in it can be RE'd...and then only into components, not a schematic.

I know......I specifically stated I attempted to reverse engineer the helm with just an Armoring mod and then with the helm fully modded when it didn't work with just the armoring mod. I wasn't looking for schematics, just components.

I have a ticket on this asking if there's a bug or if it's intended.

Edited by terminova

Weren't they going to make almost all gear REable to get the schematics? What happened to that? The system just seems like a mess at the moment.

Also with the ridiculus costs of extracting mods at level 50 (44k for a single level 61 mod!) most people are just not bothering...

Edited by NasherUK