Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder becoming an obsolete class in Onslaught, for PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Marauder becoming an obsolete class in Onslaught, for PvP

Csjbo
08.21.2019 , 09:13 AM | #21
I will agree that their new ability Furious Focus is a little underwhelming, mostly because (not sure if this was changed, if so I'll stand corrected) every charge will be used once you activate the ability, instead of one at a time. Sure, it'll be help with the initial burst, but some may want to save each of those stacks for a particular ability instead of blowing them all at once.

That being said, with tactical items and set bonuses, Maras are getting some boosts to their defenses. When you take into account the fact that many agree that Maras have the strongest set of defensives outside of Mercs, they shouldn't be underestimated, especially when boosted by the right utils (should be easier with 9 utils granted). For example, and I know the OP touched on this, but the Force Camo CD refreshing after predation is huge. Equipping that tactical item along with the Util which makes Camo last 6 seconds and faster movement, you'll be able to cover more ground to escape. Or, if you're playing in matches with heals, you'll be able to receive more heals because you'll be cloaked for much longer. When taking into account the CD for Camo being 45 secs and Pred 30 sec, it can be tough to burst down a mara when supported properly.

One set bonuses that I'm not sure has been broached on here, but there is a set bonus that makes Intimidating Roar act like Diversion (admittedly smaller range and can't expose cover targets), greatly reducing accuracy of those affected after the soft stun wears out. Coupling that set bonus with the Util which lowers the CD of Intimidating Roar by 15 sec....you've got a mini-Diversion, in addition to the 6 second AOE soft stun.

Of course, we won't know for sure how the meta will shape up until 6.0 comes around and the PVP community gains a better understanding of how the classes will work. But, I still think maras will be in a solid state come 6.0.
Shashara | Espallalda | Alvilan | Zas'arod
Jaltina | Scathach | Gamora | Ridiane

Seterade
08.21.2019 , 10:11 AM | #22
Keep in mind most of 5.x meta revolved around the utility changes. Mercs got Trauma Regulators and that kolto enhancer. Maras got ruthless aggressor as well as a ton of utilitys being stratigicaly combined in the right tiers for easy selection. Snipers got healing roll and healing ballistic shield.

Most of 5.xs meta was decided by the new utilitys, and last time I was on pts, my jugg didnt have any changes to utilities, so unless they changed that, we haven't seen the utility changes for 6.x

Csjbo
08.21.2019 , 10:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
Keep in mind most of 5.x meta revolved around the utility changes. Mercs got Trauma Regulators and that kolto enhancer. Maras got ruthless aggressor as well as a ton of utilitys being stratigicaly combined in the right tiers for easy selection. Snipers got healing roll and healing ballistic shield.

Most of 5.xs meta was decided by the new utilitys, and last time I was on pts, my jugg didnt have any changes to utilities, so unless they changed that, we haven't seen the utility changes for 6.x
That's a possibility, but I'm not sure the Utilities will be changed that much with 6.0, rather the main change to the balance of play coming from the Tactical Items and Set Bonuses (to a certain extent the new abilities). Could be wrong, but BW making massive changes to Utilities WHILE adding in the Tactical Items/Set Bonuses would seem to be too crazy for them.
Shashara | Espallalda | Alvilan | Zas'arod
Jaltina | Scathach | Gamora | Ridiane

MK-ULTRA
09.27.2019 , 02:25 PM | #24
It seems stats/gear makes more of a difference than class selection. I have slaughtered every class and have been slaughtered by every class. I did not outplay these people and was not outplayed by these people(obviously some were good close fights). My stats were simply better or worse. This is not Mount and Blade where day1 naked with skill can top the leaderboards. If you want to win in this game you must grind for gear. It's that simple. You want to win GSF? Grind for gear does not matter your flying skill.

Yesterday we had a match end with 150-1 kill ratio. Our team had 1 kill lmao. Anybody who is going to argue that class selection/nerfs/buffs etc had anything to do with this annihilation is lying to themselves. It was the soccer game so kills were not super important but we obviously lost 4-2. I did ninja the ball and scored so I did my part.
You spelled tyranny wrong.