Lars Beddag quest bugged?

Carandrian

I'm on the Shadows quest where you're supposed to confront Lars Beddag. I went and talk to him initially, then interacted with the fake Noeticon. I went through the question and answer game and was back in the room where a green triangle stated to confront the real Lars Beddag...but he's nowhere in the room and there's nothing to interact with.

Has anyone else encountered this? Or have a solution? I tried resetting the quest multiple times to see if it fixed it and to take different paths through the quest...but to no avail.

Suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

I had this issue and decided to go back to it later. After logging out and playing on a different toon a bit, I went back and it worked fine. Try logging out for a few mins or switch to an alt for a bit, then return and see if it works for you. :D

This happened to me as well and I even reset the quest (luckily it just resets finding Lars so I just had to walk back in) and it happened again. But logging out for a minute and then logging back in does work, but I found I had to leave the instance first and then log out, and then when I logged back I just walked right back in and he was there. If I stayed in the room it didn't work.

I had the same issue. I sent in a ticket about it and the Mod told me to stay in the room and just wait about 4 minutes for him to spawn.

He showed up after a few minutes and the quest worked normally after.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! This mission was fixed with Patch 1.2.3. It was not individually noted but was fixed with a few others and noted as:

"Implemented changes to ensure that mission encounters reset (and related enemies respawn) correctly. A small number of missions had encounters that did not properly reset."

Thanks for your reports. Have fun out there! o/''\o

I've also had similar problems with other quests too (mainly on my sentinal) - usually ones where you have to defeat an NPC then talk to them - once defeated they are no longer there. From the patch notes it looks like the issue has been fixed though :)

If anyone still gets similar issues, I found that resetting the instance usually fixed it.

Edited by Ghost_Dancer