Alt Modifier works sparatocally. Corsair SCIMITAR PRO RGB Optical MOBA Gaming Mouse

kivanos

Hello,

I am having trouble with the mouse listed above.

SCIMITAR PRO RGB Optical MOBA/MMO Gaming Mouse — Yellow

Any other game I play I have no problems with the mouse. For some reason SWTOR doesn't let the alt modifier work reliably. The only way I can use it is if I mash the number button repeatedly and it will (Most of the time) eventually respond.

I have run the software in administrator mode. I have tried removing the key sounds in my sounds setting. I have run it in windowed and full screen. (Currently full screen to avoid the beep) and disabled and enabled Sticky Keys. (Currently enabled).

I am out of ideas after scouring the internet for hours.

Don't really have anything to offer to help you, unfortunately. When I had to get a new mouse recently I bought a Corsair and it was the most frustrating thing I have ever used. In my experience the software is absolute crap. The only buttons that would work on the mouse without the software was the left click and scroll wheel (only scrolling). The problem was that the software would frequently forget that the mouse was connected. Tried following the setup guides on Corsair's website and they were useless; often the pics on their guides didn't even match the software that came with the mouse. I eventually got so frustrated with it I got rid of it and bought a Logitech. Have not had a single problem in any game I play since.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. Are you referring to the number keys on the keyboard, or on the mouse?

By "software", do you mean the game software, or the mouse software?

It may be that the mouse's software conflicts with the SWTOR software - particularly when it comes to detecting the "alt" key.

In any case, I would think that Sticky Keys should be off.

Can you run the mouse software in Admin mode? (or not at all?)

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. Are you referring to the number keys on the keyboard, or on the mouse?

By "software", do you mean the game software, or the mouse software?

It may be that the mouse's software conflicts with the SWTOR software - particularly when it comes to detecting the "alt" key.

In any case, I would think that Sticky Keys should be off.

Can you run the mouse software in Admin mode? (or not at all?)

So I have 1-12 keybound as normal. I also have Shift+1-12 keybound. All of those work totally fine. However when I use the alt modifier it only works about once every 6 times and rarely on the first attempt.

If I use the number keys (Top row, not num pad with numlock or without) they work just fine, but that completely defeats the purpose of having keybinds anyway if I am gonna have to move my hand off the homerow, or my mouse.

As far as the mouse software goes it is complete junk. In order to get the number pads to work you actually have to write the macros in the mouse software to get them working.

If I use the number keys (Top row, not num pad with numlock or without) they work just fine, but that completely defeats the purpose of having keybinds anyway if I am gonna have to move my hand off the homerow, or my mouse.
Maybe you just need to practice your keyboard gymnastics more. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I personally don't find it too difficult to hit the left alt key with my thumb and then hit one ot the number keys with my ring or middle finger, which lets me keep my index finger on the home row. Though stretching for the 6 key does tend to slide my index finger ove to the G key, instead of staying in its proper place above the F key.

FWIW, I use a Microsoft Natural keyboard. (My wife, who's a far better touch typist than I am, absolutely hates the thing. But I've been using them for decades, and don't like using a "normal" keyboard. And don't even get me started on laptop keyboards. :mad:) I also have longer hands/fingers than a lot of people I know, so that may be a more difficult stretch for you than it is for me.

So I have 1-12 keybound as normal. I also have Shift+1-12 keybound. All of those work totally fine. However when I use the alt modifier it only works about once every 6 times and rarely on the first attempt.

Have you checked in preferences that some alt-key combos are bound to other functions, like targetting group member 3, or whatever?

Maybe you just need to practice your keyboard gymnastics more. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I personally don't find it too difficult to hit the left alt key with my thumb and then hit one ot the number keys with my ring or middle finger, which lets me keep my index finger on the home row. Though stretching for the 6 key does tend to slide my index finger ove to the G key, instead of staying in its proper place above the F key.

FWIW, I use a Microsoft Natural keyboard. (My wife, who's a far better touch typist than I am, absolutely hates the thing. But I've been using them for decades, and don't like using a "normal" keyboard. And don't even get me started on laptop keyboards. :mad:) I also have longer hands/fingers than a lot of people I know, so that may be a more difficult stretch for you than it is for me.

If only it were that easy. I have physical limitations that don't allow my hands to stretch that far. Not to mention doing so slows down reaction time significantly if I wanted to do that. I am a touch type all the way, so if I use the keys on the keyboard it screws with everything. (I just replaced my keyboard because the home row nubs were worn off.)

I may have to explore other modifiers if nothing else and use the software to create macros. Ugh what a pain.

If only it were that easy. I have physical limitations that don't allow my hands to stretch that far. Not to mention doing so slows down reaction time significantly if I wanted to do that. I am a touch type all the way, so if I use the keys on the keyboard it screws with everything. (I just replaced my keyboard because the home row nubs were worn off.)

I may have to explore other modifiers if nothing else and use the software to create macros. Ugh what a pain.

But seriously, why do you need so many mouse binds anyway? Surely there's lots of lesser used, less time constrained, skills you could just click on (on a skillbar) rather than bind to mouse buttons.

• 2 weeks later...