New PvP Daily Weekly Requirements

Amunra-amunray

The notion that is being accepted about allowing groups to continue to take advantage of the warzone instances should not be subjugated at the expense of casual players. The good days of warzones have gone to a world of only premade teams who maximize stats to cheat the bolster system. These players used to only exist in the realm of Ranked Warzones and now have been infiltrated into unranked warzones which should of been a training ground for those who wanted to advanced to Ranked warzones.

If the current makeup of warzones is requiring only wins to complete the missions than a new Queue should be created for those who enjoy doing warzones but refuse to group up with others. If Ranked Warzones have a solo match queue than unranked should have the same. If you cannot bring balance to the warzone bolsters systems than you need to give your subscribers options to avoid having to play against ranked players.

Forcing people to have to play against teams that cheat the bolster system grouping up with pro members with geared stats meant to cheat the bolster system and not play as intended stats. Everyone knows that the stats for PvE and PvP are vastly different requirements to succeed. Few express this truth due to fear they may change or remove it.

If I gear for PvE than that same good gear should work the same in PvP, or bring back expertise gear and then we can grind for such. But, this win only requirement bent on only those who cheat the bolster system by stacking mastery and a bit if crit and tons of alacrity is ruining pvp for casual players.

There is a reason most do not play ranked or it does not pop often and most do not play it. After the last change to wins only the queues for warzones even during prime time hours have dropped significantly.

A SOLO UNRANKED QUEUE should be an option to players and the excuse that it would be at the expense of QUEUE pops is ridiculous. This new change has bent the line towards only premade groups of teams and I do not mind playing with a team as long as I have that same balanced team which due to this new method of wins only the preamades of the RANKED warzones are now doing it in unranked.

And this notion that maybe I should group in the same way is also bogus. I pay my subscription for the same fun that I should be able to have as others! I should not have to be forced to play the game with groups of people who pay that same subscription but choose to CHEAT over playing with the as intended stats.

I’m interested in understanding what you mean by them exploiting the bolster system? And how you think they are cheating?

Inspecting players that do not require accuracy stats and see if they have more mastery in their gear over having play as intended stats... or stack critical etc. The same class would require more accuracy in doing real content that does not include bolster like Master Mode Flashpoints or Hard Mode Operations. The intent of removing expertise in the game was to have gear sets across all areas of play but bolster in unranked warzones have cause a headache with stats in many various ways and each class is different. see if they do not stack mastery and critical on Operatives/smugglers Powertechs/vanguards and the like... Bolster has always boosted a few classes over all others every time a rebalancing occurs... lightning sorcs stacking alacrity so their dots tick faster and do more passive damage... if these elements are in the game then cleansing needs to be made more available for survivability... I have seen all the ups and downs and BOLSTER can be cheated and stats can be altered. Do not let anyone fool the notion.

Inspecting players that do not require accuracy stats and see if they have more mastery in their gear over having play as intended stats... or stack critical etc. The same class would require more accuracy in doing real content that does not include bolster like Master Mode Flashpoints or Hard Mode Operations. The intent of removing expertise in the game was to have gear sets across all areas of play but bolster in unranked warzones have cause a headache with stats in many various ways and each class is different. see if they do not stack mastery and critical on Operatives/smugglers Powertechs/vanguards and the like... Bolster has always boosted a few classes over all others every time a rebalancing occurs... lightning sorcs stacking alacrity so their dots tick faster and do more passive damage... if these elements are in the game then cleansing needs to be made more available for survivability... I have seen all the ups and downs and BOLSTER can be cheated and stats can be altered. Do not let anyone fool the notion.

A) In PVE content you have to run accuracy because bosses have 10% chance to resist. In PVP all classes but Consular/Inquisitor only have base 5% chance and that's against white damage. So there's no need to run accuracy for many classes. That isn't cheating bolster, that's how PVP works vs PVE. If you're running 10% accuracy in PVP you're doing it wrong.

B) Lightning sorcs don't stack alacrity. The DOT class for sorc is madness.

If you're going to complain at least have some idea what you're talking about.

Again there is tactical Dots, and go ahead and investigate those who stack master and crit and are the most played classes in the PvP unranked warzones... go ahead... until then I am going to continue to point out if bolster cannot balance the stats properly than you cannot require wins in unranked warzones, and you need to add a solo match Queue so those who do not want to go up against teams do not have to... Ranked has one, now Unranked needs one too... and there is no viable reason to exclude it except those farming teams who rather play premades and farm those who rather not have two sets of gear and still pvp should have equal fun...

Do not care about the mathematical notions I see it in action and they do not add up. There is no reason that end game gear with the same stats that work well in any other instance should be working differently in warzones. NONE WHAT SO EVER... they should be both working in the exact same fashion.... Unless you bring out raw pvp gearing again... which was actually more balanced than warzones have ever been....

There is no reason that end game gear with the same stats that work well in any other instance should be working differently in warzones. NONE WHAT SO EVER... they should be both working in the exact same fashion.... Unless you bring out raw pvp gearing again... which was actually more balanced than warzones have ever been....

If I understand you properly ... then you are blaming the wrong thing for the different gear requirements.

99% of the PVE content is level synced to 70, which screws up your stats in PVE. While PVP is actually level 75 which means at max gear none of your stats in PVP will be messed with.

THAT is why you gear differently for PVE (except for the rare places there is no level sync) then you do for PVP.

It's the absolutely stupid level sync for hardmode PVE content that is the problem. PVP at least lets you use proper level 75 stats.

... I miss my FR/SA relics in pve :(

Match Thirteen of however many! I'm working on my 20 for my boy M1-4X. I did ten on my agent and quit. I didn't like whoever that was enough for this. I figured out how to move the raid frame. nice. We did the pylon one. I played defense. I'm good at getting the pylons and defense. But was NEVER attacked. So yay?

I SCORED TWO HUTTBALL THINGS! My team was a roflstomp against the other team. Sucks for them. I felt bad. They just camped the other team while two people ran the ball non-stop. I took the ball over twice and scored. They were very helpful and cheered me on. That was fun, but only because I was the roflstomping not the roflstompee. Had I bee on the other side, it would have been MISERABLE until 6 scores.

Game 15 I think. Pylons again. Go go pointless defense! Me and a sage on defense. They left, because why bother. Oh wait. We're being camped at respawn. This is fun! A full guild group I imagine on discord and they just camp us. Wait. No. They just zerged over the board killing. Okay? We win? Did I actually do anything? I capped a pylon under three people zerging. Then they left. Bizarre game.

Game 16. HUTBALL! We lost. Bad. I think it was the same team that camped the other team. I hit the ground and was dead in like 3 seconds. Six scores and over in no time, which I appreciate that at least. Thank goodness for small favors. I guess. Will I pvp after this? Only when I get to the next M1-4X character. But once I'm legendary. PEACE OUT!

It's 10:30 PM. Will I get the weekly quest before the time runs out! Probably not. We shall see.

Game 17! Pylons! This guy opened six crates with a total of 8 level 80 mods. AHAHAHAHHAHA! Oh well. Must be nice. "But you see, if you play for another six years, you'll be like that too!" Nice! We won! A decently close game. I actually defended against two people until reinforcements arrived. That was actual fun!

Game 18.... HuttaBall! Oy. I used to love this thing at launch. Oh my. They had matching hutball uniforms y'all. OMG! Half of them just camped us while the other side just scored when they felt like ending the game. Match lasted until 10 seconds left. These are the games that make me want to quit forever.

I missed a match. It was an arena. Got roflstomped and did nothing. A loss. I think it was one 4 group one 2 group and two noobs. Guess who won?

Game 20!!! Not at 10 wins. Just 8. Pylon game. It's 11:00 PM. Sigh. Probably not going to make it this week. But hey! I got two count them TWO 282 mods! Nice! I wish this gave Gree reputation. That was a close game. Not that I had THAT much to do with it. I was a speed bump for the other teams. What does this green crate have in it? Some nice 306 mod? AHAHAHHAHA, of course not, I might catch up in a month or three. Nice. 284 mod plus a bunch of 276 junk. OH! Another piece of my set might come soon! Too bad it's level 8!

Sigh. The door game. Sigh. Oh well. Oh good night. We could have won that. Stupid internet. Now I'm down for 15 minutes. AUGH!!!! Freaking useless comcast. Could there PLEASE be a like tiny window to reconnect. Ah well, my team was probably better off without me honestly. I didn't kill anyone. A few heals. A few stuns.

Alright, bed time or try one more flipping game? I get M1-4X, so that's nice. Well maybe. Internet is acting all crazy now. GUAH! Game just straight crashed. NOICE! Imma try one more game. Then it's bed time. Will I get the last game I need tomorrow? Does the quest auto abandon and then reset tomorrow? Tune in next time!

Oh M1-4X, I did jack squat except in like 2 games really. You are VERY kind, but I got roflstomped or was carried in near EVERY game.

Last game, HuttBall. Oh goodness. Please heavens let my team be a premade or them. Seriously. Okay. It was a good game. I didn't help THAT much, but we won 2 to 0. Now I get to QUEEUEUEUUEUE to turn it in! That's what the quest says! Wait, no I can turn in on the fleet. That's 10 wins! OHHhhHHHHH a gold chest!!1 Wow, not ONE thing was an upgrade. FANCY!!

So a few upgrades on my random mods. One pant upgrade to 282. Twenty-three games total I think. One weekly chest and quest done. How do I feel about pvp?

Ain't doing it until my next character wants to grab M1-4X. So when your queueueues go up another couple minutes, don't cry. Don't whine. Just accept it. You aren't cool, nor special, nor neato. You just want other people to suffer because you did. You want to stomp on lowbies/newbies because you get off on it. But they'll go away. No, they won't pvp with you. They'll just leave. And then your queues will go up. And then you'll quit. How much money did you spend on colorful pixels? How much time did you invest? You'll go to another game. But it won't be the same. You want to feel that sweet sweet dopamine and serotonin, but nope. You'll be a lowbie again.

To quote another BioWare game, "The cycle continues." Good night! You could have a better experience, but you won't, because you can't help yourself! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Dude, that isn’t cheating or exploiting. It’s learning how to min max your stats for pvp.

Any progression raider who also plays pvp will have two sets or gear or at least a few pieces that are doubled up to swap between different content.

First, learn what the BiS stats are for pvp and pve content

Second, grind out 306 sets with a few cross over pieces so you can swap them to min max between content.

Third, full 306 sets with full augments are not affected by bolster.

Fourth, only less than optimal setups bolster and they don’t give you min max stats.

Fifth, do some research and do what nearly every other pvper has done and spam flash points to gear up to 306.

Bolster is not a cheat or an exploit. Learn how it works and don’t accuse people of cheating just because they took the time to understand it or asked for advice.

There is a Discord theory crafters server if you want spread sheets and numbers or want to ask for help.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Dude, that isn’t cheating or exploiting. It’s learning how to min max your stats for pvp.

Any progression raider who also plays pvp will have two sets or gear or at least a few pieces that are doubled up to swap between different content.

First, learn what the BiS stats are for pvp and pve content

Second, grind out 306 sets with a few cross over pieces so you can swap them to min max between content.

Third, full 306 sets with full augments are not affected by bolster.

Fourth, only less than optimal setups bolster and they don’t give you min max stats.

Fifth, do some research and do what nearly every other pvper has done and spam flash points to gear up to 306.

Bolster is not a cheat or an exploit. Learn how it works and don’t accuse people of cheating just because they took the time to understand it or asked for advice.

There is a Discord theory crafters server if you want spread sheets and numbers or want to ask for help.

NO REASON that it should require different stats than PVE except to exploit it. 306 gear due to bolster and the way the mathematics work is worse gear than someone putting on 258 greens and stacking mastery and crit... BiS 306s should allow the same results as 258s when bolster is applied, but again failing to admit the point. There should not be required to have two sets of gear for the same Content... it should work the same in both PvE as it does in PvP or remove bolster

or allow for us not to have to pvp with team of groups that gear only for bolster not for actual stats as the class intends to have in all areas of the game.... 28 toons and 2 sets of gear for each and none working as the other is a gearing NIGHTMARE. It should work properly when bolster is applied for those who have 306 gear, but it wont until this notion of bolster increasing some stats over others is remedied... no one should have to have two sets of gear if there is not specific gear for PvP from a vendor...

Mastery should not boosts abilities over the intended class stats neither should crit. PERIOD and many can see how it is... this current mechanic is broken and not working for all who play the game just a few who manipulate the stats....far from the intended for the class. Hence why you see an influx of Powertechs and Operatives in most warzones currently. It is not a coincidence.

Edited by Amunra-amunray

NO REASON that it should require different stats than PVE except to exploit it. 306 gear due to bolster and the way the mathematics work is worse gear than someone putting on 258 greens and stacking mastery and crit... BiS 306s should allow the same results as 258s when bolster is applied, but again failing to admit the point. There should not be required to have two sets of gear for the same Content... it should work the same in both PvE as it does in PvP or remove bolster

or allow for us not to have to pvp with team of groups that gear only for bolster not for actual stats as the class intends to have in all areas of the game.... 28 toons and 2 sets of gear for each and none working as the other is a gearing NIGHTMARE. It should work properly when bolster is applied for those who have 306 gear, but it wont until this notion of bolster increasing some stats over others is remedied... no one should have to have two sets of gear if there is not specific gear for PvP from a vendor...

Mastery should not boosts abilities over the intended class stats neither should crit. PERIOD and many can see how it is... this current mechanic is broken and not working for all who play the game just a few who manipulate the stats....far from the intended for the class. Hence why you see an influx of Powertechs and Operatives in most warzones currently. It is not a coincidence.

I'm pretty convinced this is a troll since surely no one is this dumb.

min/maxed 306 gear only gets you about 10-15% more DPS vs random gear. That's the way bolster has always supposed to have worked. The current implementation of bolster is easily the best it's ever been and works pretty well.

Even if you were to run 110% accuracy in PVP, you'd actually not be taking too much of a DPS hit as long as you're running tier 1 alacrity (1213). When I inspect people's gear in PVP, the thing I notice most often are people that are wearing too much accuracy or have completely incorrect stats (defense stats on a DPS, too little or too much alacrity). Bolster can't fix stupid.

If you want to wear the same gear for PVP vs PVE, just play a healer. Problem solved.

I'm pretty convinced this is a troll since surely no one is this dumb.

min/maxed 306 gear only gets you about 10-15% more DPS vs random gear. That's the way bolster has always supposed to have worked. The current implementation of bolster is easily the best it's ever been and works pretty well.

Even if you were to run 110% accuracy in PVP, you'd actually not be taking too much of a DPS hit as long as you're running tier 1 alacrity (1213). When I inspect people's gear in PVP, the thing I notice most often are people that are wearing too much accuracy or have completely incorrect stats (defense stats on a DPS, too little or too much alacrity). Bolster can't fix stupid.

If you want to wear the same gear for PVP vs PVE, just play a healer. Problem solved.

Inspect those that do 300% damage in a short period of time and tell me if stats are accurately dispersed across all classes, and even without having too much accuracy and alacrity and adding a bit of mastery that still does not suffice . 25 different dots that cannot be cleansed in 3s after entering combat is ridiculous.

TWO SETS OF GEAR WERE REMOVED WHEN EXPERTISE was removed and they have yet to properly balance the bolster system PERIOD. Accuracy should be a required stats of PVP for dps classes. There is no reason why it shouldn't Crit in bolster should have a diminishing return and so should mastery in bolster. I am not saying that everyone does it, I am saying the few that do fast damage in short bursts and then cannot do not take damage do it... I gear for a class not for BOLSTER. We shouldnt have to gear for an equation we should gear for the class.

If it takes accuracy to defeat other enemies in the game why isn't it a viable stat in PVP, why is mastery the new version of Expertise and Why does loads of crit work better than properly min maxed stats. Just by altering a few pieces of gear away from what would make a class good in pve, a person can mitigate more in PVP makes no sense. They should work the same way in both arenas. Any person that gears for PvP attempts a duel in Open world without the bolster system with the same stats with a person geared for PVE who has marginal experience with PVP can easily defeat that person. Because it does require different stats without the bolster system you can test it for yourself. The same Critical or Mastery Stacking Powertechs and Operatives etc would have weaker abilities without the bolster system if pvping open world; FACT. There should be no reason this occurs. It has nothing to do with stupidity and more to do with impacting change in a more PLAY as intended mechanic. not play as bolster intended...

Inspect those that do 300% damage in a short period of time and tell me if stats are accurately dispersed across all classes, and even without having too much accuracy and alacrity and adding a bit of mastery that still does not suffice . 25 different dots that cannot be cleansed in 3s after entering combat is ridiculous.

TWO SETS OF GEAR WERE REMOVED WHEN EXPERTISE was removed and they have yet to properly balance the bolster system PERIOD. Accuracy should be a required stats of PVP for dps classes. There is no reason why it shouldn't Crit in bolster should have a diminishing return and so should mastery in bolster. I am not saying that everyone does it, I am saying the few that do fast damage in short bursts and then cannot do not take damage do it... I gear for a class not for BOLSTER. We shouldnt have to gear for an equation we should gear for the class.

If it takes accuracy to defeat other enemies in the game why isn't it a viable stat in PVP, why is mastery the new version of Expertise and Why does loads of crit work better than properly min maxed stats. Just by altering a few pieces of gear away from what would make a class good in pve, a person can mitigate more in PVP makes no sense. They should work the same way in both arenas. Any person that gears for PvP attempts a duel in Open world without the bolster system with the same stats with a person geared for PVE who has marginal experience with PVP can easily defeat that person. Because it does require different stats without the bolster system you can test it for yourself. The same Critical or Mastery Stacking Powertechs and Operatives etc would have weaker abilities without the bolster system if pvping open world; FACT. There should be no reason this occurs. It has nothing to do with stupidity and more to do with impacting change in a more PLAY as intended mechanic. not play as bolster intended...

I regularly top 15k DPS in a few different specs and I wear 306 gear. I have never seen a top level player wear anything but 306 gear. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Accuracy is not needed in PVP but it's not like it's a massive negative. You could run 110% accuracy in PVP and still do great damage on the specs that benefit most from accuracy. Presumably they don't give player characters the base 10% resist chance because it would affect boss damage/effects from PVE content.

I regularly top 15k DPS in a few different specs and I wear 306 gear. I have never seen a top level player wear anything but 306 gear. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Accuracy is not needed in PVP but it's not like it's a massive negative. You could run 110% accuracy in PVP and still do great damage on the specs that benefit most from accuracy. Presumably they don't give player characters the base 10% resist chance because it would affect boss damage/effects from PVE content.

Sigh...

Sigh...

its not sigh it's a fact, i doubled damage on mando(i am a avg player nothing great) compared to 280~290 irating mando on our team. it's an mmo ofc gear matters. try going into ranked with less than 306 full tricked out bisd full armor set and watch how fast you lose.

Inspect those that do 300% damage in a short period of time

No ones doing that.

Accuracy should be a required stats of PVP for dps classes. There is no reason why it shouldn't Crit in bolster should have a diminishing return and so should mastery in bolster. I am not saying that everyone does it, I am saying the few that do fast damage in short bursts and then cannot do not take damage do it... I gear for a class not for BOLSTER. We shouldnt have to gear for an equation we should gear for the class.

Accuracy is needed in pvp. Its just you only need to be at 105%. Bolster maxes everyone to 306 irating, which is why you want 306 gear so you can properly manage your stats. Anyone under 306 is not being uber bolstered. They are just being brought up to 306.

In terms of actual level 75 content? Most of the BiS stats between the two modes are identical because the same soft caps still apply (1213 alacrity, 3k crit etc...). The only difference is you don't need 110% accuracy....big whoop. If you come into pvp with that slight difference in BiS pve stats you're not going to do drastically worse unless you just suck at pvp.

Edited by Raansu

The new system with the victories kills the pvp because it is much harder to finish the daily and the weekly in addition in ranked with the abusive kicks on the young players or new players it is even harder to finish the weekly.

Its 1 win....I doubt it takes you any longer than it did to complete the old daily.

So a few upgrades on my random mods. One pant upgrade to 282. Twenty-three games total I think. One weekly chest and quest done. How do I feel about pvp?

Ain't doing it until my next character wants to grab M1-4X. So when your queueueues go up another couple minutes, don't cry. Don't whine. Just accept it. You aren't cool, nor special, nor neato. You just want other people to suffer because you did. You want to stomp on lowbies/newbies because you get off on it. But they'll go away. No, they won't pvp with you. They'll just leave. And then your queues will go up. And then you'll quit. How much money did you spend on colorful pixels? How much time did you invest? You'll go to another game. But it won't be the same. You want to feel that sweet sweet dopamine and serotonin, but nope. You'll be a lowbie again.

To quote another BioWare game, "The cycle continues." Good night! You could have a better experience, but you won't, because you can't help yourself! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Umm you realize perhaps the most common complaint since 6.0 came out has been how horrible gearing through PVP is, right? We all want gearing to take approximately the same amount of time and effort through PVP as using FPs or other PVE content.

If you already have a 75, what you should be doing is sending the mods over to your new 75s so you are q'ed in full 306 from the start, even if the stats and set bonuses don't make sense. That way you will be getting 300+ drops at least.

I did yesterday 20 unranked match for a victory, so to validate the daily or the weelky it is not a good idea to have chosen the victories for the quests since the victory rate in wz is low, but that the rate participation and strong, the old quest was more interesting to validate it, I just had to change I think the number of wz to participate

I did yesterday 20 unranked match for a victory, so to validate the daily or the weelky it is not a good idea to have chosen the victories for the quests since the victory rate in wz is low, but that the rate participation and strong, the old quest was more interesting to validate it, I just had to change I think the number of wz to participate

You're full of it. I don't believe for a minute that you went 20 matches in a row without a win.

the only thing in common with all your losing teams is you.

You're full of it. I don't believe for a minute that you went 20 matches in a row without a win.

It’s not impossible. I did 19 loses in a row yesterday because every team I got stuck with refused to play the objectives or follow basic tactics in arena.

All matches I was top dps (for my team and mostly top for the match), top medals (for my team) or top objective points, and not by a little either. Most cases I was 3-4 times higher dps than anyone on my team.

The problem as I see it is I won 15 matches in an row at the start of the day and then the hidden match making ELO decided I had to carry every bad player in the queue for the next 19 matches. Which is why I made that other thread. I want to know how it’s supposed to work, because a system like that is what drives players out of the game.

One player with a high hidden ELO can’t be expected to carry 7 others in objective pvp. It’s hard enough trying to carry 3 others in arena, but it’s impossible for anyone to carry 7 in objective pvp if they don’t try.

There were a few premades around, but never in the same game. Sadly, one was made up of bad players and others weren’t. I always got the bad one if they were in a match and I was always against the good one if they were in a match.

If there was ever a day I wanted to to rage quit matches and pvp in this game, it was yesterday. And I did quit 2 Hutt balls when I realised my team had zero intention of even trying to win. If they got the ball, they dumped it straight on the ground. That needs to be fixed.

I know it’s a legitimate tactic if you have no one to pass to and are about to get swamped. But if people keep using it to refuse to play Hutt ball, then sadly the mechanics may need changing (which is a shame cause I don’t like the idea of removing it). The problem is, I don’t know how you change it to encourage them to play. If you make them have to pass to player, they’ll just pass to the other team. I don’t have an answer or even an idea how to fix it. Which is why I’m just going to wear the 15min deserter debuff in those situations.