Fully min/max PvP MM sniper gear

ParagonAX

• 2 weeks later...

As opposed to something like a rage juggernaut or really any other class, sniper has no definitive stat to exaggerate (ie min/max). Unlike many of the other classes which function well off maximizing a guaranteed crit or a specific set of high crit moves a sniper just wants everything.

Crit to 350

Acc to 180

Surge to 275

Cunning to 2050

Rest in power to 700 or so

That should get you a damage pri of roughly 1105-1210

76% surge

39% crit

96% acc

If I were going engineering I'd probably drop the crit by 200 points or so and funnel that into surge and power which would give you some frag grenades that rival smash for aoe effectiveness. Also orbital strikes with a maximum damage potential of 18k per target.

I wouldn't want to drop below 96% or else you start risking regular misses. It would also take an absurdly long time to perfect your gear without any accuracy and since crit and surge would have hit soft caps with all the stacking it would ultimately end up being fairly wasteful.

Unfortunately, my PC with access to swtor is broken atm so I can't link a screenshot of all stats (and using that armory tool for each mod/enhancement i've switched would take a long time), but I consider my Gunslinger fully min-maxed WH for PvP.

Essentially, I have traded all mods and enhancements to favour cunning (rather than stacking power, as some may do) as I do not spec into the +3% crit chance skill (thus the need for cunning's secondary stat boost) in favour of reduced grenade cooldowns and aoe dmg buffs. I also find any loss in top end damage by not stacking power negligible (Mainstat Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.2, Power Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.23), as I spec into the 9% cunning increase.

The important stats from memory are:

Cunning = ~2150 (educated guess; i know it's above 2100. I'm not yet running with the new elite warhero weapons)

Expertise = ~3XX (whatever the max obtainable is pre 1.4 minus Red Maxtrix Cube; i run with WH belt + bracers)

Power = ~550

Crit Change = 34.80%

Surge Chance = 76.2X%

Accuracy = 98.90% auto-attack, 108.90% skill-attack (helpful as a MM-spec for making Defense-rating-stackers more manageable. The only accuracy present in my gear is located on the WH Earpiece and Offhand weapon. All other accuracy is gained through Cunning, Aim (datacrons) and the +acc skill in MM tree)

Endurance = ~20.2k buffed

Note: There is notable amounts of Power still existing in my setup. This is due to the need for some secondary stats appearing alongside Power in WH enhancements. (surge etc)

I think it is important to note that since these stats are based on mods and enhancements obtainable from WH level armor and weapons, they can now be improved upon by farming the EWH weapon mods and enhancements thus increasing potential mainstat, endurance and crit chance(?) (im unaware of what enhancements are available in EWH weapons yet). I'm also basing this final note of the assumption that EWH mods and enhancements are available for extraction.

I hope you find this information useful

Experience: valor 100 Gunslinger (SS) + level 46 Sniper (MM)

Sources:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364.html

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-998.html

Unfortunately, my PC with access to swtor is broken atm so I can't link a screenshot of all stats (and using that armory tool for each mod/enhancement i've switched would take a long time), but I consider my Gunslinger fully min-maxed WH for PvP.

Essentially, I have traded all mods and enhancements to favour cunning (rather than stacking power, as some may do) as I do not spec into the +3% crit chance skill (thus the need for cunning's secondary stat boost) in favour of reduced grenade cooldowns and aoe dmg buffs. I also find any loss in top end damage by not stacking power negligible (Mainstat Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.2, Power Dmg Bonus/Point = 0.23), as I spec into the 9% cunning increase.

The important stats from memory are:

Cunning = ~2150 (educated guess; i know it's above 2100. I'm not yet running with the new elite warhero weapons)

Expertise = ~3XX (whatever the max obtainable is pre 1.4 minus Red Maxtrix Cube; i run with WH belt + bracers)

Power = ~550

Crit Change = 34.80%

Surge Chance = 76.2X%

Accuracy = 98.90% auto-attack, 108.90% skill-attack (helpful as a MM-spec for making Defense-rating-stackers more manageable. The only accuracy present in my gear is located on the WH Earpiece and Offhand weapon. All other accuracy is gained through Cunning, Aim (datacrons) and the +acc skill in MM tree)

Endurance = ~20.2k buffed

Note: There is notable amounts of Power still existing in my setup. This is due to the need for some secondary stats appearing alongside Power in WH enhancements. (surge etc)

I think it is important to note that since these stats are based on mods and enhancements obtainable from WH level armor and weapons, they can now be improved upon by farming the EWH weapon mods and enhancements thus increasing potential mainstat, endurance and crit chance(?) (im unaware of what enhancements are available in EWH weapons yet). I'm also basing this final note of the assumption that EWH mods and enhancements are available for extraction.

I hope you find this information useful

Experience: valor 100 Gunslinger (SS) + level 46 Sniper (MM)

Sources:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364.html

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-998.html

That's not really min maxed for damage. You want the 53cunning/39 power mods as they give more damage then the 64cunning/11 power mods (less endurance though). Also the expertise crystals in vibroknife and sniper rifle should be switched out for power ones and you should absolutely be using both WH boundless ages relics. 20k health is nice in engineering, but if you are trying to maximize the amount of damage you can do better. You want to end up with just above 1200 expertise. What is your damage (primary) range?

As opposed to something like a rage juggernaut or really any other class, sniper has no definitive stat to exaggerate (ie min/max). Unlike many of the other classes which function well off maximizing a guaranteed crit or a specific set of high crit moves a sniper just wants everything.

Crit to 350

Acc to 180

Surge to 275

Cunning to 2050

Rest in power to 700 or so

That should get you a damage pri of roughly 1105-1210

76% surge

39% crit

96% acc

If I were going engineering I'd probably drop the crit by 200 points or so and funnel that into surge and power which would give you some frag grenades that rival smash for aoe effectiveness. Also orbital strikes with a maximum damage potential of 18k per target.

As he said snipers are a bit different to other classes with there being no "official" way to min/max. Despite this, there is a few things you can think about.

Accuracy

95% (150 Accuracy) would be the minimum you require. Remember every class has a base 5% or even 10% defence to dodge/resist our attacks. you need 5% so worse case you will in effect be at 85% on normal attacks vs some classes. you mentioned the 1% from companion & 3% from skills, how about 1% companion 1% skills (minimum you can take as a Marksman) 3% (100) from accuracy and now you have 2 free points to spend in your skill trees.

Cunning Crit Surge Power

Cunning as much as possible. Due to diminishing returns I go for 35% crit, (with buff) 75% Surge, & after hitting all other targets rest in power.

Some snipers have gone crazy IMHO and stacked power power power! yes you can get stupid shots off at 8K crit but the amount of times it happens isn't enough to reliably use.

the below link provides some info but I must say I disagree on Imperial Demarcation over Siege Bunker for pvp 60% AOE Damage reduction is amazing.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/imperial-agent/sniper/marksmanship/stat-priority-and-details

Edited by Cola_

As he said snipers are a bit different to other classes with there being no "official" way to min/max. Despite this, there is a few things you can think about.

Accuracy

95% (150 Accuracy) would be the minimum you require. Remember every class has a base 5% or even 10% defence to dodge/resist our attacks. you need 5% so worse case you will in effect be at 85% on normal attacks vs some classes. you mentioned the 1% from companion & 3% from skills, how about 1% companion 1% skills (minimum you can take as a Marksman) 3% (100) from accuracy and now you have 2 free points to spend in your skill trees.

Cunning Crit Surge Power

Cunning as much as possible. Due to diminishing returns I go for 35% crit, (with buff) 75% Surge, & after hitting all other targets rest in power.

Some snipers have gone crazy IMHO and stacked power power power! yes you can get stupid shots off at 8K crit but the amount of times it happens isn't enough to reliably use.

the below link provides some info but I must say I disagree on Imperial Demarcation over Siege Bunker for pvp 60% AOE Damage reduction is amazing.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/imperial-agent/sniper/marksmanship/stat-priority-and-details

The crit curve really starts at 350 and it does not share a DR with crit % gained from cunning (which starts getting heavy DR at 2200). If you are lethality, you absolutely want a 39-41% crit (that's with self and companion buff) as it directly affects your energy regen. The good thing about that is there's no rate limit on the energy regen that I'm aware of so it's the only spec of any class able to exceed energy restrictions by gear.

If MM or engi you can do whatever and the results will be more or less the same. I've also seen a lot of snipers just go crazy and stack cunning against all reason (matrix cube over boundless ages WH relic for instance) when it's in their interest to choose the option that gets the most power -and- cunning. 2200 cunning is great and all, but if you need to sacrifice 200 of that to get 300 power it's definitely worth it.

Thanks guys for the great answers.

I've played around with tinkering stats a little, and came up with this:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/18009aff-07b3-40e0-bfb5-1c3ee5b13686

(items in Wish tab)

I know there are a some things that could be swapped (i.e. 64C/12P vs 53C/39P mods), but my primary concern is this:

I think there is way too much Surge at 371, when I should be shooting for approximately 250. Almost all of my surge comes from the Adept Enhancements. The problem is, though, that the only other viable alternative Enhancement would be the Initiative Enhancement with Accuracy and Power. If I swap out 2 of my Adept for Initiative Enhancements, I will lower my Surge to ~250ish, but have too much Accuracy. The only way to lower that Accuracy would be to swap out my Implants, which I really don't see any alternatives for.

Could someone make any suggestions with this? How could I decrease Surge on this character while keeping Accuracy/Crit constant, and possibly increase Power/Cunning?

Could someone make any suggestions with this? How could I decrease Surge on this character while keeping Accuracy/Crit constant, and possibly increase Power/Cunning?

Swap two Surge Enhancements for Power/Alacrity perhaps? I've been toying with this idea, but still need a couple WH pieces before I can Min/Max.

Swap two Surge Enhancements for Power/Alacrity perhaps? I've been toying with this idea, but still need a couple WH pieces before I can Min/Max.

That would unfortunately be swapping a stat that is over DR cap for a stat that is completely useless :(

That would unfortunately be swapping a stat that is over DR cap for a stat that is completely useless :(

I've been running the battlemaster field medic system (over the WH, has more cunning) and am hitting the same problem. I'll probably switch to the one with power and alacrity as it gives a larger boost to damage and allows me to address crit and surge through mods/enhancements which is easier. It does seem like some amount of alacrity is going to be in the cards regardless.

Sorry I missed your response, this is what I currently have (datacrons, stim, all class buffs):

2046 Cunning

1709 Endurance

1196 Expertise

Range-

Damage Pri (1080-1181)

Bonus Damage : 626 (147 Aim- 29.4 2046 Cunning- 409.3 685 Power - 157.6 Skills/Buffs- 29.8)

Acc- 94.67 (106)

Crit- 39.43% (Crit-320-11.48%)

Surge- 78.76% (421)

Tech

Bonus Damage 914.4

Health- 19790

25.51% Armor

Hear is the gear layout (not done)

Ear: WH Trapper MK1

Implant: Battlemaster Field Medic System x2

Bracers- 61 PvE armoring, WH keen mod 27

Belt- 61 PvE armoring, artful mod 26A

Relic- WH boundless ages x2

Weapon- Power crystal, adept enhancement 26, artful mod 26a, 63 EWH hilt

Vibro- Power crystal, init enhancement 26, artful mod 26a, 61 WH hilt

Head/Chest/Gloves/Pants/Boots mods (All 61 WH armorings)

keen26/artful26/keen26/artful26/artful26A

Head/Chest/Gloves/Pants/Boots Enhancements

assault26/init26/adept26/assault27/adept26

All augments are cunning

• 3 months later...
I tried using askmrrobot on your gear but it doesnt work out the stats

AMR stats are off for SWTOR. I had a similar problem. Even asked Dulfy about it but she was not able to get any answers from them as to the discrepancy. I don't think SWTOR is really supported that much any more at AMR.

Sorry I missed your response, this is what I currently have (datacrons, stim, all class buffs):

2046 Cunning

1709 Endurance

1196 Expertise

Range-

Damage Pri (1080-1181)

Bonus Damage : 626 (147 Aim- 29.4 2046 Cunning- 409.3 685 Power - 157.6 Skills/Buffs- 29.8)

Acc- 94.67 (106)

Crit- 39.43% (Crit-320-11.48%)

Surge- 78.76% (421)

Tech

Bonus Damage 914.4

Health- 19790

25.51% Armor

Hear is the gear layout (not done)

Ear: WH Trapper MK1

Implant: Battlemaster Field Medic System x2

Bracers- 61 PvE armoring, WH keen mod 27

Belt- 61 PvE armoring, artful mod 26A

Relic- WH boundless ages x2

Weapon- Power crystal, adept enhancement 26, artful mod 26a, 63 EWH hilt

Vibro- Power crystal, init enhancement 26, artful mod 26a, 61 WH hilt

Head/Chest/Gloves/Pants/Boots mods (All 61 WH armorings)

keen26/artful26/keen26/artful26/artful26A

Head/Chest/Gloves/Pants/Boots Enhancements

assault26/init26/adept26/assault27/adept26

All augments are cunning

Thank you for this but one question: The OP asked for gear advice for a sniper yet you have hilts written down for weapons. Am I missing something? Forgive if I am.