Hard choice at the end, kinda could use some advice!

SerraShar

Ok spoiler since..hello spoiler section.

Anyway, my wrath is a Light side character . At the end of the flashpoint, she blahblah about creating her own hand (ACINA) . And then offer my wrath to either join the empire and take charge of said Hand . Or keep the alliance as it is.

Homewhever, my wrath is a LS character . That mean, I role played her kinda like Marr (Or how I saw Marr). A warrior first and formost . The Title of wrath was given by the emprore and always had that undertone like ''You are the ***** of the Emprore'' his lap dog . So she used the Title as a tool but never embraced it. Since her ideals, were nothing what the Emprore wanted . She used the title to clean the corrupt within the empire .

Because she love the empire, she want to fight for it . But without the KILL everyone who look at me wrong attitude . She even would work with the Jedi and the repb . She belive both could co-exist if they both changed in a way that would allow it . Less zealotery, slavery, carnage from the empire..and less Judgementalism, houlier than Thou attitude from the repb and Jedi .

Yet the alliance was a tool as well, to stop valkorian and that is done. She want to go back where she belong.

But Acina is a Sith, and as long as she keep copy paste the same old thing but paint them under a new tone, with new dark councile but with new faces..it still look the same as it always did .

But I'm torn . The offert look and sound so good..finally..going home !

Urgh..

So help ? though ? advice ?

Are you sure you're asking for advice, and not for someone to make the decision for you? Haha

I don't mean that as a harsh criticism, but if I say, "I would do this," and you do it for that reason, and later you have doubts-- it's me you'll be irritated with. And for good reason.

Now, I'll tell you why *I* made the decision I made, for myself, and you will need to decide if you like my reasoning, or not, and if it applies to you.

I finished Onslaught on my Vanguard, and I was offered the chance to come back to the Republic special forces, at my last rank of Colonel (awarded posthumously, when The Outlander 'vanished' in KOTFE). Odessen would become a Republic planet, complete with a representative in the Galactic Senate.

The reason I chose to keep the Alliance the way it was, is this: The Alliance is home now. Maybe my past life was taken away from me, but that doesn't mean I have to get it back. I got a life of my own. And I got used to it. The Alliance are now my people. I have responsibilities to them, and I take them seriously. The people in the Alliance follow me because they believe in the Alliance, as I do. Otherwise I'd have disbanded it long ago. If all it was to me, was a tool to defeat Valkorion, and then everyone would "go home," we'd all have done exactly that. But the Alliance is its own community now, and we chose to help the Republic because we wanted the war between the Republic and the Empire to be over, and my Vanguard does still have enough love for the Republic, as to want to see them continue to prosper. At the same time, my Vanguard also hopes the Empire doesn't have to be 'crushed' entirely, but would be able to co-exist with the rest of the galaxy-- it's a big, big place, and there's room enough for everyone, if they accept that as well.

I haven't played Onslaught yet on my Juggernaut, who is Dark V (my Vanguard is 'gray'), but the way she sees it, even if she wouldn't die for most of the members of the Alliance, she'd die for the cause-- as she told Aric Jorgan in KOTFE (Chapter 11, Disavowed)< "I'm no one's Wrath but my own." That doesn't change just because Acina offered her a chance to 'reclaim' it. Sometimes lives change, and sometimes they do it whether we want it or not, but once we change, we rarely, if ever, want to go back. I (the RL person) am very different from the kid I used to be-- a kid would never would have wanted to become the woman I am today. But the present me doesn't like that kid a lot either, and wouldn't want to go back to that time in my life, either. My Juggernaut wouldn't die for most of the people in the Alliance, but she'd defend the cause-- what it stands for-- with her life. Because it *IS*, now, her life. And if you want to take her life away again, you dang well better make sure she's really dead, this time.

• Like 1

Are you sure you're asking for advice, and not for someone to make the decision for you? Haha

I know right ? lol a very risky move lol

I don't mean that as a harsh criticism, but if I say, "I would do this," and you do it for that reason, and later you have doubts-- it's me you'll be irritated with. And for good reason.

hey that's why we have DS characters..for tha punishement! MUAHAHAHAHAHA ! (Joking lol)

I decided to sleep on it, and think about the issue some more . Then I remembered, how my character (and the Sith Warrior Story) felt . The whole time, you were on a leash . And that leash was broken when Baras died.

Then Valkorian put another leash on the character, and again...it was broken when Valkorian died.

And going home, mean putting on another leash. Be Acina weapon of destruction .

Of course, she could sacrifice her freedom in the hope that her actions would mean safetly to the peoples of the Empire that she love so much.

But is it worth it ?

When she could do the same thing, while stay free from anyone leash-controle ? Keeping the alliance mean that, doesn't it ?

Not really . It mean you get to deal with Acina and her dark council, and nothing else . You can try to change or protect the peoples you'll have to deal with while siding with her , but nothing else .

Then again, if I take her offert..it be the same . As her wrath, there is no guarantee either there .

I think I'm gonna keep the alliance, as much as I hate it lol it's the better choice .

I can whine if it turn out to be the wrong choice later lololol

But yeah, I don't know if any of my toon will go home . I haven't finished one playtrough yet lol but we shall see ;)

Thank you for your input, very much appreciated!

You are part of the Hand that reports directly to the Empress, regardless of choice. My LS Inquisitor kept the Alliance so she could help Acina and the Empire without having to deal with any Dark Council b.s. on the side. I prefer the freedom to handle any future missions as I see fit. Plus, if the Empire implodes on itself due to sith infighting, then I still got the Alliance.

Obviously, I'm incredibly biased towards keeping the Alliance. I suppose the benefit of returning to the Empire is that you get your cool titles back.

You are part of the Hand that reports directly to the Empress, regardless of choice. My LS Inquisitor kept the Alliance so she could help Acina and the Empire without having to deal with any Dark Council b.s. on the side. I prefer the freedom to handle any future missions as I see fit. Plus, if the Empire implodes on itself due to sith infighting, then I still got the Alliance.

Obviously, I'm incredibly biased towards keeping the Alliance. I suppose the benefit of returning to the Empire is that you get your cool titles back.

Hum..

I don't understand . I though if you pick to return home, you lose the alliance no ?

what happen if you choose the DS ending of KOTET and become empress of Zaakul ? Would that dissapear too ?

I wonder if thats worth it lol

I do enjoy those old titles we had. We worked for them, we bled for them . And we died for them (at least one class did lol) . And I do enjoy hearing NOX instead of COMMANDER any day lol .

Thank you for your input! :)

Your Warrior would be back on the leash and maybe this time, no way to get off it.

She should've offered you hand on the Council. Though, the Empire has shown they can't be trusted, as the first thing they do is betray you on their alliance.

*Wave* I missed you!!! Hope you've been doing good ? lol

And yeah, as my usual....I'll dissapear soon lol .

Yeah thats one of my worrie . I mean if there is a chance that we take over the empire if ACINA become the next Valkorian...then I would risk it.

But if there is no chance, forget it .

*Wave* I missed you!!! Hope you've been doing good ? lol

And yeah, as my usual....I'll dissapear soon lol .

Yeah thats one of my worrie . I mean if there is a chance that we take over the empire if ACINA become the next Valkorian...then I would risk it.

But if there is no chance, forget it .

I don't see it happening, but I could be wrong.

And hi! Yup, thought I'd come back and check things out again :)

Hum..

I don't understand . I though if you pick to return home, you lose the alliance no ?

what happen if you choose the DS ending of KOTET and become empress of Zaakul ? Would that dissapear too ?

I wonder if thats worth it lol

I do enjoy those old titles we had. We worked for them, we bled for them . And we died for them (at least one class did lol) . And I do enjoy hearing NOX instead of COMMANDER any day lol .

Thank you for your input! :)

You dont lose Alliance, you still in charge of it, but its an official part of the Empire now. And you have not been empress of Zakuul ever since Eternal Fleet was blown up. They sent you a letter saying they will rule themselves and there is no option to stop it.

My LS SW is a huge imperial patriot with plans to change Empire from within. He can't do it by being separate from it, and he wants to be part of it anyway, so for him going back was always the only choice. Besides...everyone who ever ordered him around ended up dead. Who's to say Acina will be different?

Edited by Gelious

They sent me a letter ? WHEN? I picked the DS Option at the end of Kotet. And I remember a cutscene where I saw prisoner and stuff , a while ago.

But I don't remember, anyone kicking my Empress chair off Zaakul.

Are you sure about that ? That a DS ending to Kotet = you get a letter ?

as for your LS character, BW can tell us that . And that's my worrie lol

I'm pretty sure any of our character can take on her and her dark council. But tha POWEH OF PLOT ARMOR is stronger then all the vilains of the galaxy put together lol

They sent me a letter ? WHEN? I picked the DS Option at the end of Kotet. And I remember a cutscene where I saw prisoner and stuff , a while ago.

But I don't remember, anyone kicking my Empress chair off Zaakul.

Are you sure about that ? That a DS ending to Kotet = you get a letter ?

as for your LS character, BW can tell us that . And that's my worrie lol

I'm pretty sure any of our character can take on her and her dark council. But tha POWEH OF PLOT ARMOR is stronger then all the vilains of the galaxy put together lol

It's not KOTET ending, its Nathema ending, which is same for everyone. Eternal Fleet gets blown up by Gravestone, then Gravestone itself gets whacked when you kill Zildrogg because apparently it was Zildrogg's body all along.

And afterwards you get letter from some nobody on Zakuul telling you they will rule themselves. Even if you were Peacekeeper, even if you were nice to Indo Zal and rebels in the palace chapter, it still happens and there is no option to do anything about it in game. I guess it's all part of Bioware master plan called "lets pretend Zakuul doesn't exist"

As for Acina, as long as she remains a good Sith (good of course being a relative term for a SIth) and makes Empire a better place, my SW is ready to serve her willingly.

Edited by Gelious

And afterwards you get letter from some nobody on Zakuul telling you they will rule themselves. Even if you were Peacekeeper, even if you were nice to Indo Zal and rebels in the palace chapter, it still happens and there is no option to do anything about it in game. I guess it's all part of Bioware master plan called "lets pretend Zakuul doesn't exist"

you said good and peacekeeper. But what about the dark side ?

Its the same then ?

Boo..that suck . I mean, I originally hoped we could blow Zaakul (for ds characters) just to see Valkorian look! lol now that would've been priceless and worth the price lol

What Acina gets:

† your powerbase (the Alliance);

† to be your superior and boss you around;

What you get:

† nothing (you never technically lost your Darth title)

Yeah, that choice was so, so hard for me.

Don't you know tha Poweh of Logic has no place in this Universe ? :D

• 1 month later...
What Acina gets:

† your powerbase (the Alliance);

† to be your superior and boss you around;

What you get:

† nothing (you never technically lost your Darth title)

Yeah, that choice was so, so hard for me. :D

IKR? The SI technically gets to *keep* everything, but you and it become under Acina's control, so it might as well be hers, and the SW is quite literally asked to hand it all over to Acina in exchange for returning to the role of "Empress's pet puppet assassin". To me, it seems that for either class, the offer (for most, at least. motivations vary) is insulting and offensive, and suggests that Acina's primary if not sole motivation is having direct and undisputed control of *everything* around her...and likely to prove to be worse than Valkorion or even Palpatine in the long run (Valkorion's penchant for eating worlds aside)

All that said, let's not forget the Sith Code:

There is no peace, there is only passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain power

Through power, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Force shall free me.

The only thing our characters would get by accepting Acina's offer is shiny new chains to replace the ones we've broken.

Edited by VelvetSanity

• 6 months later...

I kept the Alliance like some others said because of how far we have come with it and there's all these people following you, would be kind of lame of you to just drop it all and leave everyone out to dry. But didn't Acina say she needed a group/force that wasn't on the dark council that could do things that they generally couldn't goto them about.

I asked to have my Silencer ships back and they said ok, I wonder if that changes anything in the future. I really can't wait for an update the anticipation is killing me.

I did it all on my Sith Sorc and I chose side with the republic, felt like the dark council pushed me to that point. But on my Sith Assassin I chose to side with the Empire. Now I'm really having the most fun on the assassin so I believe that would be the one I consider my main. I have a lvl 75 of every other class just haven't gone passed revan quests. But I'm thinking about doing it on my shadow so I can see what the light side part of it is.