An added feature for Legacy Storage that I would imagine everyone would love.

Jandi

Have edited the post a bit due what people have posted. Appreciated.

So I got this idea and got to work on paint. What I propose is an added tab to the LS that enables us to deposit an large amount (say 10k?) of crafting materials to a tab on the storage, say 10k per material. A simple interface for it as well, so we don't have to spend ages looking for something in case we want to take something out, and a simple "deposit" button that automatically puts every crafting item we have in our inventory into the crafting tab. If there is something you don't want put in, for whatever reason, you can keep them in your personal bank. All characters in your legacy should be adble to craft directly from it, like you currently can form your normal bank. This would free up bank space for odds and end we might want to keep, and make it simple to craft stuff across the legacy without having to send things around and look for them.

Here is an interface for it I came up with in a few minutes.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag368/jandox1/blaah_zps5a1e1237.png

So, what do you think? Pleaes comment, because I'd love to get your input.

EDIT: woops, meant to write Scavenging instead of Cybertech in the picture. Well, anyways, you should get the idea.

EDIT:2 Ok, so you could call it 'Warehouse' tab and, maybe, go even further by adding a warehouse level to our strongholds that fills up with crates and such when you collect materials enough. Also. It should have 2 withdraw and deposit buttons. 1 for a specific amount and 1 for all. The all button should have a confirmation popup though.

Edited by Jandi

I've said something similar to this in some topic or another discussing ideas for legacy storage a while back (before it was ever announced that we were actually going to get such a thing). The comparison I made was to the currency tab in our character inventory. It would feature a list of materials instead of the usual inventory grid. It would need something added to be able to withdraw materials from this list though. But instead of having several stacks of certain materials lined up in boxes we would have a list with a capacity of 1000 (or however many) units of each material. (I could see the capacities being different for certain types of materials though. Like maybe green = 1000, white = 750, blue = 500, purple = 250, exotic blue = 50, and exotic purple = 10.

I actually thought about that list idea again recently when thinking about what it's going to be like when we get to dump our crafting materials and whatever else into our legacy storage. On the main server I play on I have 9 of my characters set up for crafting (I wanted my augment crafters to be ONLY augment crafters) and every one of them has bay 1 of their cargo hold filled (almost completely in some cases) with green and white materials and bay 2 of their cargo hold filled (or more like half filled, at least) with blue and purple materials. So it occurs to me that if legacy storage is the same grid storage as our inventory and cargo hold I'm probably looking at moving about 13 or 14 bays worth of items over to it. I hope that we get what feels like a reasonable number of bays to work with in our legacy holds but I suspect that it won't be anywhere near that amount of space.

A nice currency tab type of list as one of the bays though? That would definitely be a more compact and more elegant solution.

100 views and 1 reply? I'm now convinced that the only way to get any replies on this forums is to insult the devs, bash the game, or a portion of the playerbase. Ugh, what a worthless bunch of people we have here. Edited by Jandi

100 views and 1 reply? I'm now convinced that the only way to get any replies on this forums is to insult the devs, bash the game, or a portion of the playerbase. Ugh, what a worthless bunch of people we have here.

Maybe no one understands what you are trying to show. From what I gather from that picture, you want the legacy storage to behave like a "loot" window, which is theoretically unlimited, unlike the regular cargo bay windows, which is limited by space and stack sizes?

100 views and 1 reply?

No use going nuts about ideas anyone may have about this. It will not be implemented in the way moist folks think anyways.

The one thing we do know is that it's a crafted item.

1. So the required mats are very likely very rare if not ultra rare and it's going to be expensive as hell to create or buy

2. Most likely able to be extended the same way as current storage, again meaning its going to take millions.

Believe you me. when legacy storage is out in the public version, less than 5% of the population will be able to afford it. And those few will start complaining like you've never seen complaining done before about the limitations

Edited by LeJarC

EDIT:2 Ok, so you could call it 'Warehouse' tab and, maybe, go even further by adding a warehouse level to our strongholds that fills up with crates and such when you collect materials enough. Also. It should have 2 withdraw and deposit buttons. 1 for single and 1 for all. The all button should have a confirmation popup though.

Or just allow us to shift+click the icon to split off a specific amount out of the storage? Making the only options be "one at a time" and "EVERYTHING, even if that means dumping 10 stacks of the material into your inventory" sounds like an annoying way to do it.

Likewise, depositing would be as straightforward as just right-clicking the stack in your inventory while the materials storage is open. Unless it would go over whatever max limit they set, the stack would disappear and the amount would be added to storage.

I have posted suggestion after suggestion. Most of them get little or no replies. That does not mean the idea is bad, and replies or community support and discussion does not mean the idea is good.

Also, your attitude does not help IMO.

Make your suggestions to improve the game in your eyes. If Bioware finds they have merit, they may make it into the game. They are the only ones you need to be concerned with.

Community approval or support is secondary. It's not wise to seek either. A good idea stands on it's own merits IMO.

So I got this idea and got to work on paint. What I propose is an added tab to the LS that enables us to deposit an unlimited amount of crafting materials...

It is not possible to store an *actually* unlimited amount of crafting materials (or anything, actually). While it might be possible to store a number of mats larger than you could possibly accumulate (*practically* unlimited), it would probably be more trouble than it is worth. And then you'd have to wonder if the same large number was necessary for every mat (do you need as much Duralloy as you do Mythra?).

TBH, just allowing 65,535 (over 650 stacks of 99) of each mat should suffice. In theory, the server code should run faster, but it could be slightly more difficult to add new mats unless it was coded really well. The current method is slow and clunky, but probably slightly easier for devs who aren't programmers to expand.

Edited by eartharioch

If they wanted to do something like this, I think it would be smarter to give us a "storage container" that we could drop items into for storage (like items).

They would be good items to sell, allow mass RE and also good for storage. Perhaps a mouse over would tell you what is in the container....like 10 stacks of 99 mats or 10 pieces of armor.

They already give out armor sets in containers (like our legacy sets we received, or the ones that drop in packs) so part of the code is already in place.

I have posted suggestion after suggestion. Most of them get little or no replies. That does not mean the idea is bad, and replies or community support and discussion does not mean the idea is good.

Also, your attitude does not help IMO.

Make your suggestions to improve the game in your eyes. If Bioware finds they have merit, they may make it into the game. They are the only ones you need to be concerned with.

Community approval or support is secondary. It's not wise to seek either. A good idea stands on it's own merits IMO.

It's not about approval, it's about getting improvement ideas, like people have posted. The reason I want improvement ideas is because I'm an idiot. I just had the idea but I have no delusions about it being "fleshed out" or anything.

Edited by Jandi

If they wanted to do something like this, I think it would be smarter to give us a "storage container" that we could drop items into for storage (like items).

They would be good items to sell, allow mass RE and also good for storage. Perhaps a mouse over would tell you what is in the container....like 10 stacks of 99 mats or 10 pieces of armor.

They already give out armor sets in containers (like our legacy sets we received, or the ones that drop in packs) so part of the code is already in place.

The issue is that when you have 10+ characters, trying to remember where you have this or that material becomes incredibly annoying. Having a simple interface that is accesible by all charactrers would be a relatively easy to implement with the Legacy Storage. I mean, it's essentially just a huge legacy storage with a different interface that only works with crafting mats.

Edited by Jandi

Prefer to be EXACTLY as it is now (exaclty as general storage with tabs and drag and drop system)

Umm ok? I'm not saying they should change or remove anything currently in the game, nor am I saying they should do the Legacy Storage differently alltogether, so I don't really get what you're trying to say here?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm sure I've played a few other MMO's where the crafting matts go into a seperate tab, It may actually be the first Guildwars game. I personally think it's a great way to not clog up your vault with matts.