Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
09.08.2012 , 03:57 PM | #1401
Prompt: Changes (naturally)
Chacaters: Athra and Malavai Quinn

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

imnotawitch
09.08.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1402
One of these days I won't be inspired by the prompt to write yet another short piece for WTTB where Mel has horrible things happen thanks to the ghosts. Today is not that day.

Title: New Paths

Characters: SI (Mel'ake), SW (Lucerna), IA (Capsin) and a veritable bevvy of companions from each

Spoilers: Endgame spoilers for the three classes mentioned.

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Tatile
09.08.2012 , 04:57 PM | #1403
New Paths
Broan and Rochester

Spoiler

This is set soon after Turning Point, so it's before Broan and Rochester really start being together. And no, I have no idea what's happening here either. It's just... god I have no idea. I use Captain Gorse as an outlet for stupidity, sometimes, so of course he gets a mention here. This also marks the first time, in a very long time, that I've used the "italic method of thought" in my writing. It's something I personally try to avoid for no reason other than I used it too much when I was younger and now loathe it.

I think this is the closest I can ever get to writing to comedy. I am just not a funny person.

imnotawitch
09.08.2012 , 05:39 PM | #1404
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Chacaters: Athra and Malavai Quinn

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
Squee, I love this story so much! You really write sympathetic!Quinn well.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

bright_ephemera
09.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #1405
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Ummm, no story from me yet. I just wrestled the screenshots and MSPaint into submission (my screenshots were saving only to the clipboard for some idiotic reason) and produced a basic Portrait Gallery of my characters, and an Action Gallery with poses! Nowhere near as good as Bright’s, I’m afraid. The closeups worked all right so I thought I’d try something else. Nobody has The Official Ponytail--my only character with a ponytail is male
omg, Jesp Rixik. I love the emote, in a "I'm laughing at you, you horrible man" kind of way.

Fierce Vierce is totally gonna hit that.
I'm at the point where I have no idea how Vierce is going to get to point B. I mean, I want to get to point B because I adore Dorne, but I don't know how he's going to make it there. Their values are so much in line, but they have every reason not to start. He'll be even slower than in-game Jorgan is.

Characters: Athra and Malavai Quinn
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
Speaking of hitting that, how? Why? Only thing I wanted to hit him with was sharpened forks! It took 50,000 words of whaling on him (figuratively speaking; he was incorporeal) before I could even...how do y'all forgive him so easily? At best I see
Spoiler

You're ignoring little Malavai's muse because Quinn is strangling your brain. Stand up to him. He's a jerk. Who is also unworthy of love. THERE IS A PATTERN WITH THIS MAN.

Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
One of these days I won't be inspired by the prompt to write yet another short piece for WTTB where Mel has horrible things happen thanks to the ghosts. Today is not that day.

Characters: SI (Mel'ake), SW (Lucerna), IA (Capsin) and a veritable bevvy of companions from each

o.o Convergence. Color me intrigued.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
New Paths
Broan and Rochester
I love the prospect of a bad*ss Jedi/Sith getting his stomach all twisted up over calling a cute guy.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

irishfino
09.08.2012 , 07:05 PM | #1406
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Speaking of hitting that, how? Why? Only thing I wanted to hit him with was sharpened forks! It took 50,000 words of whaling on him (figuratively speaking; he was incorporeal) before I could even...how do y'all forgive him so easily? At best I see
Spoiler

You're ignoring little Malavai's muse because Quinn is strangling your brain. Stand up to him. He's a jerk. Who is also unworthy of love. THERE IS A PATTERN WITH THIS MAN.
He's far, far from forgiven. In fact, this little tidbit has spawned a much longer story than I had originally planned. Which is what I'm afraid of if I get to writing about little Malavai and the ways he tortures the Captain. I'm tempted though... I already have an idea for a title... and it's so fun to torment Quinn... ...
Plus, I'm adorabbbbllllllle...
Quiet, adorable demon!!

EDIT:

Squee, I love this story so much! You really write sympathetic!Quinn well.
How did I overlook this? I blame Quinn.
You can't blame me for all the evil things that befall you.
Yes, yes I can. Anyway, I rather like the Captain and would like to think that deep in the dark, dark recesses of his mind he's not a total arse. He's just a confused idiot wandering around unchained and off his meds...
That wasn't very nice...
You kill people when you're bored.
You talk to yourself on forum responses.
Well you... shut up.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Striges
09.08.2012 , 08:08 PM | #1407
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
New Paths
Broan and Rochester
I love how clueless Hawthorne is here. Or more correctly, how he's trying desperately to figure out the real reason he's getting an unsolicited holocomm from a Sith. Because that's got to be bad.

La La La still avoiding agent spoilers...I'm either going to have to give that up or beg my leveling buddy to play more. I do like your brother-sister SI-SW though.

omg, Jesp Rixik. I love the emote, in a "I'm laughing at you, you horrible man" kind of way.
I saw that one and it was just "YES! That's him!" The emotes are as follows
Spoiler

The people on my server must think I'm insane, standing in a cantinas spammming random emotes to no one in particular, then going AFK for five minutes.

I'm at the point where I have no idea how Vierce is going to get to point B. I mean, I want to get to point B because I adore Dorne, but I don't know how he's going to make it there.
He doesn't have to. You're quite right; Vierce has every reason to maintain a strictly platonic, professional relationship with her. Or, well, at least reach the point where he can have a non-hostile, professional relationship with her. Alternately, pick one for here and then do the other one in the AU thread. 'Cause you don't need free time, right?

And Quinn. That's a real tough one. I know I don't despise him the way you do. My first character was an agent, so I got the whole "the Sith are going to cause you a crapton of trouble in every way imaginable, and a few you didn't dare imagine" story first. From that perspective, (SW spolier)
Spoiler
That said, I can't help but imagine the Imperial-holonet equivalent of Jerry Springer having a field day with all the SW couples.

imnotawitch
09.08.2012 , 08:14 PM | #1408
La La La still avoiding agent spoilers...I'm either going to have to give that up or beg my leveling buddy to play more. I do like your brother-sister SI-SW though.
I actually think that the agent spoilers are much milder than I originally envisioned. One of the companions is revealed (the one you get on Taris) and the two spoilers that remain are more like references where you won't know what it refers to unless you've played/seen/spoiled that part. I'm probably not the best person to ask since I'm the author though, can some one else read and say how spoilery it would be for the Agent endgame?
*Forever Shenanigans*

bright_ephemera
09.08.2012 , 09:02 PM | #1409
(SW spoiler)
Spoiler
I actually researched this back in the inital flush of rage. Wait, no, the secondary flush of rage. During one or another of my flushes of rage against Quinn, I sought out a number of accounts of the relevant cutscene.
Spoiler

Edit: imnotawitch, since this is placed solidly post-endgame the only spoiler I would worry about is
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

irishfino
09.08.2012 , 09:12 PM | #1410
I actually researched this back in the inital flush of rage. Wait, no, the secondary flush of rage. During one or another of my flushes of rage against Quinn, I sought out a number of accounts of the relevant cutscene.
Spoiler
Spoiler