Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elliotcat
09.06.2012 , 12:13 PM | #1371
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
How do you make the pictures little and edited like that?? So clueless...
Photoshop, or its annoying free version, GIMP. I have been using GIMP but I hate it and I miss PS. I use it to post pictures to my tumblr a lot.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Crezelle
09.06.2012 , 02:02 PM | #1372
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
I am so amused at how popular the pony-tail-with-side-bangs hairstyle is. I think almost everyone here has one character that wears it!
crez rocks it with pride <3
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

iamthehoyden
09.06.2012 , 02:18 PM | #1373
Bright, one note on that jacket. It's Republic only. Sad Imperial toons
Earthmama, I just used Paint for my pics.

Ok, I had this story written out and then the computer ate it so I'm going to try again...grrr....
When No One's Watching (Kinda) & Clothes

Esma, Kira, and Scourge
no spoilers (except for how ugly end-game gear is)

Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
09.06.2012 , 03:30 PM | #1374
Uninvited Guest
Taking place in the same time frame as First Impressions, this is part of my continued attempt to write an actual story that has the working title of The Taking of The Supreme Deliverance.
Cast: Lt. Windthorpe, Captain Istier, Jedi Broan and some random guy.

Spoiler

Not great, but I haven't really felt very inspired this week. Oh well, character development! Yay!

bright_ephemera
09.06.2012 , 10:21 PM | #1375
Oh, endgame clothes.

Also, Broan! You're ruining everything! Silly Jedi.

Finally, and I swear I'm done after this, the facial closeups for Ruth's people (all but one of whom has a last name, now that I lay it out?) and Nalenne's people (none of whom have last names.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Striges
09.06.2012 , 10:32 PM | #1376
Prompt: …When No One’s Watching

Title: Only Men Dance

Characters: Varrel Umrahiel (Sith Marauder), Jaesa Willsaam, Vette.

Single spoiler for SW story, technically chapter 2, mentioned once in passing.

This particular entry hits the prompt at an oblique angle. It also illustrates Varrel’s relationship with Vette, which I guess is a bit odd since Varrel's not a lightside character. The timeframe would be after the main story concludes.

Spoiler

Author Notes:
Spoiler

kabeone
09.06.2012 , 11:05 PM | #1377
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post

Single spoiler for SW story, technically chapter 2, mentioned once in passing.

This particular entry hits the prompt at an oblique angle. It also illustrates Varrel’s relationship with Vette, which I guess is a bit odd since Varrel's not a lightside character. The timeframe would be after the main story concludes.
There were so many great images from this, the description of the dance, Vette as the fool, the clothes, Quin rererecallibrating things and I love that saying though did she/you mean men or man? The meaning is so different but still fitting either way. <3

Excellent top to bottom.

Striges
09.06.2012 , 11:13 PM | #1378
Wonders of double-posting when I finally get caught up here.

Screenshots are awesome! If paint works for this I might give it a shot (I don't have photoshop). For the record, I swear Wynston actually looks exactly like I pictured him.

@Tatile: is there a master list of the stories in this continuity? Aside from spending some quality time with the indices so thoughtfully provided by other readers (thanks Kabeone). I'd love to go back and read them together.

(edit) @ Kabeone: If I remember the context correctly, it was "men" in the larger "mankind" or "humanity" sense. That's certainly how I remembered it, and the sense I wanted to convey.

Morgani
09.06.2012 , 11:15 PM | #1379

I loved the comparison of Vette as Fool, Quinn as General etc. Reminded me a very dark tarot deck. I could see the characters Ryder-Waite drawn on a card falling on the table Carnivale intro style. Great imagery you put in my head.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

kabeone
09.06.2012 , 11:16 PM | #1380
Wonders of double-posting when I finally get caught up here.

Screenshots are awesome! If paint works for this I might give it a shot (I don't have photoshop). For the record, I swear Wynston actually looks exactly like I pictured him.

@Tatile: is there a master list of the stories in this continuity? Aside from spending some quality time with the indices so thoughtfully provided by other readers (thanks Kabeone). I'd love to go back and read them together.
The Index by bright_ephemera is more complete and is linked from that first index. The chronological index hasn't been updated in a while and bright's index goes by character so you can get all the broan/rochester goodness. There's so much goodness there.

@Tatile I think the forum ate my earlier comment on your story... I love this added piece of the puzzle. Especially knowing how at least that part ends. When you make your own thread for this story I will subscribe that thread so hard