Possibility of Impending Server Merges? Many Servers Are Dead - Serious Issue

Xugos

Recently, since approximately last Thursday, my server has been dead. I know this isn't because of the holidays ending because:

- It happened on Thursday, most notably. People started working on Monday, so, logically, if it happened because of the holidays ending, wouldn't it have gone quiet on Monday and not Thursday?

- Plenty of people in my guild/Republic Fleet have stated their lack of satisfaction with this game and subsequent subscription cancellation.

- My server was busier Wednesday morning than Saturday/Friday evening.

I think it's a slap in the face to everyone who leveled characters, in many cases multiple characters, to level 50 only to see their server die and be unable to run any operations/flashpoints on it. Warzones also have up to 50 minute long queues now, and it'll only get worse.

Unless servers are merged, people on servers like mine will just leave. I can't bear leveling another character Republic-side with the incredibly linear questing that this game has.

Edited by Xugos

This was coming. By 1 month mark thousands will leave. You can stand in the space station and do dailies in another game for free, and in the SW universe too! Clone Wars the Old Republic Online.

So, Bioware has gone into doomsday mode already? They're abandoning ship?

Disappointing.

Hello Everyone,

Stephen Reid recently commented on server population, here:

The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Since a thread already exists on server populations, we ask that you continue any discussion there: I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out.. As such, we will be closing this thread.

Thank you for understanding.