Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback

CommunityTeam

Feedback Login Rewards:

I love the small Boosts for Social Points. I have like a trillion Toons, mostly i play only Story with them, and just a few are for Raiding or Flashpoints. So it is really nice to get some Social Points for my Story-Toons.

Thank you.

And as a Subscriber Reward i loved the "get instantly all Conquest Points you need with this Toon". :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, same here. It looks like the UI has moved on to tier two whilst I still haven't claimed the chest on the first tier.

And another 7 days and again I can't claim the 7th day reward again. It shows 2 unclaimed items now. submitted in game ticket, I'll update if I get a resolution.

Edit: Just an update, there is left and right arrows next to TIER X that lets you go back and forth for anyone that's as ignorant as I am. I had tred clicking the previous tier squares and dragging the highlighted sqaured but didn't try the arrows.

Edited by Slaziar

Feedback Login Rewards:

I love the small Boosts for Social Points. I have like a trillion Toons, mostly i play only Story with them, and just a few are for Raiding or Flashpoints. So it is really nice to get some Social Points for my Story-Toons.

Thank you.

And as a Subscriber Reward i loved the "get instantly all Conquest Points you need with this Toon". :)

ooh...i got the 10k valor boost...noice...more...i want more.

Feedback Login Rewards:

Thank you.

The Social boost is a nice one, yes. It could be way more than +50 tho.

So I got Kai Zykkens satchel of colordyes today and I have to say, besides that I am overall satisfied with the Abonnement rewards and the other login rewards, this one is a literal _HUGE_ disappointment. I really had some hopes that BioWare had put some unique and not yet seen color dyes in it but instead its just 2 dyes that I can easily craft by myself.

I mean, we already talked about how some of the rewards are rather wasted (Stims or the 5k Credit rewards for example, where reaching lvl 10 and finishing the first conquest week already rewards 40k+ Credits), but putting something that I can craft with under 100 Crew-Skill in a [TIER 4] reward is just frustrating. I highly, highly doubt that we would get something else that is not already buyable through the CM or craftable in a second Dye-Satchel, so I really, REALLY suggest that BioWare comes up with a little creativity and put some unique Dyes in the next Satchel. How about making some of the GSF dyes (the ones you can paint your ship with) obtainable for armors? Like the Redbrown/Tawny one for example? I imagine it would literally take 5-10 minutes of work and is something new and reasonable for a [TIER 4] reward bag imo.

Edited by Jesseriah

[*]Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

-----Yes

[*]Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

-----Not really.

[*]Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

-----Not really, except for the cartel certificate.

[*]In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?

-----Cartel Certificate most, credits/stims/xp boosts least

[*]After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

-----All of my claimed rewards that came in a yellow-ish crate disappear on use. So I'm unclear as to why this happens.

[*]There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

-----Since I've gotten nothing via rewards except for some valor, prefabs that came in a unique case, and some standard gifts which were low grade 3, I'd say the reward system seems to be useless. Anything claimed with "claim all" comes in a bundle case or something and they disappear on use without giving anything. I don't pvp so valor is useless to me, though it did give me skirmisher achievement so that was something I guess. The credits are useless. One flashpoint grants far more than what all of the login credit reward tokens would give. Assorted scrap parts are fairly easy to get with slicing and deconstruction. So much so that between me and my wife we have multiple 9k stacks. XP boosts are given via quest frequent enough that you don't need them from login rewards until you level through flashpoints only. All the stims are trash quality. I have no comment on the bag of dyes and artifact bag since like I mentioned, anything that I got through "claim all" turned into a yellow crate which gave me nothing.

If you want to give xp boosts, make them unique login reward xp boosts that can be used along side regular xp boosts so they stack. Otherwise they aren't worth much. Find the most expensive dyes on the GTN and make then login rewards randomly.

Login for a month straight (or a month accumulated) and get a character transfer, character login or auto-applied/character bound commander token/master datacron. Yeah this cuts into cartel market sales or gtn sales to an extent, but that's a benefit of logging in and actually player for something. Counter balance this by making it so you need to be logged in for an hour daily to get a login reward to encourage being active only as opposed to logging in and not playing. The login rewards are already trash, so might as well make them good, but require people to actually play. It'll be more accepted.

Give certificates that will allow buying from kai zykken at a discounted rate, or buy from him when its not the weekend.

I get wanting to make login rewards useful, but limited, but you have to keep in mind that most useless/semi useful things are already easy to get. This isn't a free to play game designed to choke resource access to force longer gameplay (apart from armor farming) So most things people can get if they want them en masse. So you have to give hard to get or unique items for login rewards. That's why the dyes, prefab collection, embers, light/dark side tokens, solid resources matrix's, flagship plans and cartel certificate are the only real useful bits I can think of right now - unless you pvp which would make valor useful. I don't know how useful each tier's end reward chests are since like I mentioned, it all bugged and I got nothing from those claim-all crates. So maybe they were useful, but I've no idea.

Edited by Dakkus

How do the Tiers progress?

If you claim all the rewards for a week does it progress to then next Tier?

Or do you have to leave them Unclaimed for the Tier to advance?

If you leave the rewards for the week what happens to them?

Do they disappear?

Do you get them in your Mail?

If you don't claim them are the rewards Lost?

This operation if this whole thing is a little vague

Probably should fix the bug(?) that different calendars give nearly, when not exactly the same, rewards. At least for me the "United Efforts" Calendar gives 1:1 the same rewards as the "Strength in Allies" did. I double checked to be sure. Edited by Jesseriah

Is 'the plan' really that OCD and inflexible that it just has to have it so microscopically regulated (annoying) that it is somehow going to break the game if it is not?

If it keep on being so stuffy and boring, people are going to just ignore it.

Feed it some Jello and silly-putty, let it flex and bend.

a) 90% of the the rewards are, at best, underwhelming. This is where awarding a token 'currency' for each day /week and having a vendor for players to choose what to buy (and when) is generally more acceptable.

- EG: the DvL L/D vendors. we get the currency, to save or spend as we see fit. once we have all the lesser items we want, we can just let the tokens max out to get the 'ultimate' item.

Just, please, leave the currency uncapped. Forcing people to do things on your schedule instead of our own is very pushy and off-putting (eg, Kai Zaiken and his weekend 'fire sales', where you are clearing bashing on alt-o-holic players that max their tokens every tuesday, so they mostly never bother with Kai - i know I ignore him more often than not).

If insist on having time gates, make rotational specials that have to be purchased within a specified time frame (like you already do with the CM)

b) make all 'grant' items stackable. you made them legacy to be shareable between characters, why not stackable??

Edited by Kaveat

• 5 months later...