Why do so many people think they can operate SWTOR better than BioWare?

Sinku

I can understand peoples frustration with today being that other people are able to play SWTOR and you aren't at the moment, but seriously--why all the people that are posting thread about what BioWare NEEDS to do. Testing other MMO's or playing other MMO's at launch really doesn't make you qualified to say what works and what doesn't with an MMO.

I read a thread stating "I've been playing video-games for 25 years and this has to be the worst MMO launch i've ever been a part of what you need to do it let everyone in at different times on the same day." How on earth does that qualify you to be considered in any measure as a credible source of input on how to "Properly" release a AAA MMO with almost a million preorders?

Here's another good on.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=7473

Edited by Sinku

These are adults. I never understand the stigma attached to kids, as if being called one is an insult.

Do you see how disgusting adults are in a return line at Walmart are for example on a Fri Sat night or esp around holidays. Adults have the most serious expressions, sighing with hands on hips looking around impatiently and with an intensity that makes you want to kick them out of the store.

What we are dealing with here are adults, not kids.

These forums were trolled hard even before they were wiped, did you expect the trolls to hide under their bridges on the day of early access start? They didn't get in, of course they'll come here to troll. Bioware stole their sweetroll :eek:

I dont know that its only Trolls though, there are some people who talk like they are a major authority on what is the correct and wrong way you release an MMO. Its a little disgusting.

uhm... they said from the very start that early game access via preorder was limited and the sooner you redeemed your preorder code the better chance the more "early access" you would get. That's why I redeemed my preoder code 3 days after preoders was made available, I would have did it day one but I was busy..

Anyways I got in with wave 3. 4-5 hours after the first wave I assume..

Dont be hatin' dudes just cus you were a slowpoke.. Read the information next time!!!

I dont know that its only Trolls though, there are some people who talk like they are a major authority on what is the correct and wrong way you release an MMO. Its a little disgusting.

All those "I spent X years doing Z so I am qualified to run my mouth off" people always miss the fact that their own age < X. And they are among the biggest trolls here, no question about it.

Because I know I could operate EA better than themselves. I am ACTUALLY a GAMER, I can relate to my fellow players.

EA suits are deciding how TOR runs and it's not a good direction

So what does you being a gamer do that makes you qualified to release an MMO with over 1 million subscribers is what I am asking? Just because your a gamer and know what YOU would like doesn't mean you would know a thing about releasing a videogame or even designing one for that matter.

Because I know I could operate EA better than themselves. I am ACTUALLY a GAMER, I can relate to my fellow players.

EA suits are deciding how TOR runs and it's not a good direction

Is driving a car making you a better mechanic then your local one as well? Pulling weeds making you a landscape artist?

There's really no end to such comparisons, but hopefully, the lesson is learned there.

Edited by Eclio