Why I unsubscribed

Serpestrillvyth

First off believe me I know players opinions do not really matter to developers.

That being said; I am a subscribing member since launch, I play other games but

come back to Swtor for the pvp.

The new changes to character skill trees has really perturbed me. My primary was a

sniper hybrid that I find now is unviable due to the change in abilities. Not sure why

you did this but I just want to convey my dissatisfaction with unsubscribing.

Its hard for a newer game to contend with already established ones I understand but

to reconfigure core game mechanics was probably an unwise decision.

First off believe me I know players opinions do not really matter to developers.

That being said; I am a subscribing member since launch, I play other games but

come back to Swtor for the pvp.

The new changes to character skill trees has really perturbed me. My primary was a

sniper hybrid that I find now is unviable due to the change in abilities. Not sure why

you did this but I just want to convey my dissatisfaction with unsubscribing.

Its hard for a newer game to contend with already established ones I understand but

to reconfigure core game mechanics was probably an unwise decision.

I can't blame you one bit. The changes to the core mechanics were extreme and, in my opinion, not very good. Honestly, the new Discipline System is, at best, a poor replacement for the Skill Tree. I also do not know if I will renew.

One could wonder if your issue might come down to the same issue of knowing where to post . 4 Steps for you .

1 Take a minute

2 Breath

3 Read the skills

4 Adjust

The game pretty much plays the same , I think I lost most of what I would call a hybrid but to me it all just feels very much the same .

Edited by mefit

One could wonder if your issue might come down to the same issue of knowing where to post . 4 Steps for you .

1 Take a minute

2 Breath

3 Read the skills

4 Adjust

The game pretty much plays the same , I think I lost most of what I would call a hybrid but to me it all just feels very much the same .

I hear what you're saying. Really I do. And you have a point. The question is; do I want to adjust? If I don't want to adjust, then there aren't many choices for me. Other than go play another game, I guess. Which I think is what a lot of people are going to do.

My primary was a

you did this...

Hybrids were difficult to balance for because they never intended hybrids to be built in the first place. Removing hybrids makes it easier for them to balance the classes and specs against each other.

I hear what you're saying. Really I do. And you have a point. The question is; do I want to adjust? If I don't want to adjust, then there aren't many choices for me. Other than go play another game, I guess. Which I think is what a lot of people are going to do.

I love how everyone who's planning on quitting due to a recent change always believes that "a lot of other people" will too.

Well, I love the changes and will keep playing, and I think a lot of other people will too :rak_03:

Edited by MagikFingerz

Hybrids were difficult to balance for because they never intended hybrids to be built in the first place. Removing hybrids makes it easier for them to balance the classes and specs against each other.

I love how everyone who dislikes something always assumes AND states that "a lot of other people" do too.

Well, I love the changes and I think a lot of other people do too :rak_03:

I think it could go either or.

I remember when SWG base said this game would not make it a year

(According to most stats it has a larger base than SWG did in its first year not to mention 3rd, and in 2 more years will have lived as long as SWG)

I remember when F2P players said this game would fail because of P2W

(Ehh not so much P2W as pushes to sub , not really a big deal but I refuse to play F2P )

Now I guess add 3.0 to the list of possible SWTOR killers .

Truth is every MMO that comes out is largely doomed by the attention spans of most players who hop from game to game and are not able to stay loyal to one .

These changes , I feel are minor .

Even my Hybrids largely play the very same .

Edited by mefit