Terribly slow download speed, suggestions?

antonuppsala

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open network sharing center>Change adapter settings>Right click the properties>Internet protocol version 4>Use the following>Pref Dns 8.8.8.8>Alter Dns 8.8.4.4

Also Change p2p to true from False as said in previous post

Was downloading before i did this @200-250kb no im downloading @ 2MB

Edited by Sykoticz

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is necroing a thread-ish... tho I'm not sure why the dumb*** above me dug this up to make such a stupid reply... but whatever.

My problem is this: I recently had to refresh my laptop, and such, had to re-install SWTOR. Now I have a hard copy from when I pre-ordered the game, but upon trying to install it to disk I kept having issues with installing client this that or the other. So I reluctantly started downloading the game from the main site.

My problem is that I've been downloading the game since yesterday (09/14) at 10am in the morning, it is now 9pm on the 15th and I'm at 95%. It reached 90% at 5pm earlier today... and well... that means it's taken 4 hours to go 5%. However, my download speed is still the same (as it has been the entire download) of 512kbps. Now... I've noticed that BW has changed the launcher since I downloaded it this summer. It no longer tells you how much in gigs you have left to download. Also when I downloaded this summer, I did not have this slow speed.

-I have the same internet and using the same computer.

-I have tried changing the P2P to "true"

-I have looked into DNS fixes.

-I have tried forwarding the port.

-There is no pause option on the current launcher to try the pause fix.

-I am able to download with various other programs and online with 2mbps+ speed AT the same time of downloading SWTOR even.

-I have restarted my computer and the launcher multiple times.

-I have refreshed my router.

-I have checked my firewall and AV

I'm convinced it has something to do with either BW servers or the launcher itself. Now I can live with 5 more hours of downloading at 1% an hour (whatever that is in bytes), but are there ANY other fixes out there that have been tried? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Edited by Guardian_Scott

^^^^^^

I'm in the same boat. I built a new PC today and wanted to try and play, but the game is taking forever to download.

Funny though, the download speed will go from 4MB/s to 512KB/s. Reminds me of those old school "boost your 56K internet" programs. The download is still happening in the background you just could't see it until you hit resume again :D

Anyway, this is pretty damn sad knowing I will have to go through this again tomorrow as I have to return this mobo.

****OFF NOTE****

If anyone knows how to fix the MIS Z87-G45 "this bin file is incorrect" error when trying to get into UEFI, please let me know.

Knowing I might have to get another mobo and redo the SWTOR game download is scary!!!

• 9 months later...