Was Darth Maul a sneaky sneak or squishy magician??

SLIMDOGGIE

So...

Why is it that as a Jedi Knght/Sith Warrior I am not allowed to use a double sided saber to deal massive damage? In every other game I've ever played, including KOTOR 1 & 2, the double bladed saber deals more damage attacks slower ect ect, but it looks cool, deals big damage, and it looks cool. (Thats right I said it twice) Just saying I am frustrated that I am allowed to choose the story in cookie cutter fashion maybe I want to use two sabers one day and then a double bladded another day. Depends on my mission. What ever happened to shaping my own destiny? I can use a double bladed saber if I want to be a sneaky assasin or shadow, or a force wielding sage or sorcerer. What about Darth Maul? He was a total bad A and he used raw power, not sneaky tactics and magic rocks. And I don't see how game mechanics would even seriously change much at all.. it would be like having one saber thats on steroids. I understand there are limitations to what people can do.. but this is clearly an oversight and I want to make some noise. :mad:

SWTOR, Please let melee Warriors/Knights use double bladed sabers. It's only right.

I'm open to criticism but not ignorance.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point deep in the future, the weapon limitations will be lifted, be sure about that.

Many things will change and more things will be implemented.

Darth Maul was a marauder but for the most part acted as an assasin.

He was an assasin because obviously his mission was to assasinate but he was good in mass combat like he showed in the movie.

At some point deep in the future, the weapon limitations will be lifted, be sure about that.

Many things will change and more things will be implemented.

Darth Maul was a marauder but for the most part acted as an assasin.

He was an assasin because obviously his mission was to assasinate but he was good in mass combat like he showed in the movie.

I doubt it.

They would be forced to change a lot of the abilities and some loot.

By your logic a Force user should be able to use a Blaster. But none of the abilities of a Jedi/Sith would work with a blaster.

Plus they'd have to have multiple animations for every skill based on if you had single, dual, or double LS.

If you want a DBLS, then play a 'Sin/Shadow. They can tank just as well (if not better) than a Knight/Warrior. And they do DPS better.

You are all wrong. Darth Maul was a Marauder through and through. His job was to assassinate, but his role was more of a Marauder. His saber moves were extremely impressive (unlike the way the game has you using a Saberstaff.) He was a fighter, not a sneaker. He was indeed raw power and only had force push and force pull as known force abilities. Not invisibility, not Force Lightning. His moves with the saberstaff and lightsaber were impressive. Unlike this game's version of saberstaff moves.

By your logic a Force user should be able to use a Blaster. But none of the abilities of a Jedi/Sith would work with a blaster.

Plus they'd have to have multiple animations for every skill based on if you had single, dual, or double LS.

If you want a DBLS, then play a 'Sin/Shadow. They can tank just as well (if not better) than a Knight/Warrior. And they do DPS better.

Firstly I would like to mention your opinion is valid.

Secondly, they should be able to use blasters, just not as effectively. I want DBLS ation and medium armor. And if i feel like it, heavy armor. It is not unreasonable. It is a time of unknown and unlimited possibility. I'd appriciate a reflection of that.

Firstly I would like to mention your opinion is valid.

Secondly, they should be able to use blasters, just not as effectively. I want DBLS ation and medium armor. And if i feel like it, heavy armor. It is not unreasonable. It is a time of unknown and unlimited possibility. I'd appriciate a reflection of that.

It is pretty unreasonable. You're basically asking to be able to mix & match any ability you want.

Now, while I'd have no problem with a game that didn't have classes and just allowed you to choose your armor and your weapon and go with it... they would have to completely redesign the game to accomplish that.

I'm not saying your idea is bad... but I am saying that it's not reasonably possible to do. What's more, you can accomplish the same roles of a Knight/Warrior with a 'Sin/Shadow... minus the ability to wear heavy armor.

You are all wrong. Darth Maul was a Marauder through and through. His job was to assassinate, but his role was more of a Marauder. His saber moves were extremely impressive (unlike the way the game has you using a Saberstaff.) He was a fighter, not a sneaker. He was indeed raw power and only had force push and force pull as known force abilities. Not invisibility, not Force Lightning. His moves with the saberstaff and lightsaber were impressive. Unlike this game's version of saberstaff moves.

Darth Maul is an Assassin. The devs used him as the blueprint for the Assassin class. Hell, the inquisitor's regen ability animation is taken directly from one of his scenes during the duel on Naboo.

Marauder design never had anything to do with Maul. You only choose to see it that way because you want a saberstaff on your Marauder.

Darth Maul is an Assassin. The devs used him as the blueprint for the Assassin class. Hell, the inquisitor's regen ability animation is taken directly from one of his scenes during the duel on Naboo.

Marauder design never had anything to do with Maul. You only choose to see it that way because you want a saberstaff on your Marauder.

You show me...at any part of the movie, where Darth Maul went invisible, used force lightning, couldn't use leap attack (ie jumping high distances) or could not use force push or force pull?

I think it is you who sees what you want to see.

You show me...at any part of the movie, where Darth Maul went invisible, used force lightning, couldn't use leap attack (ie jumping high distances) or could not use force push or force pull?

I think it is you who sees what you want to see.

I think you don't know the motto of MMO RPers and lore-fans everywhere:

Game mechanics =/= lore.

To put it simply, Assassins in game use all of these abilities but that doesn't necessarily mean in other settings they will.

Vader is a good example. He never once jumped through the air as a Sith Lord to knock an opponent down.

Palpatine is a good example. He never once placed a sphere of electricity around his body to protect himself.

Yoda is another good example. Sages can't jump around the room like crazy and excel in hand-to-hand combat.

I don't think Han ever used thermal grenades, dual-wielded blasters or used a vibroknife.

No Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight has ever cloaked themselves with the Force to vanish from combat and protect themselves in the movies.

Jango and Boba could use jetpacks whenever they wanted. Bounty Hunters can only use them for select moves.

Put simply, just because Maul uses abilities we don't see Assassins using in game doesn't mean he's not an Assassin. The saber he uses is clue enough.

Edited by DarkestDaemon

I'd personally be all for loosening the weapon restrictions a bit. Let force users pick and choose the sabers they use to a point. Or the biggie, *** my bounty hunter can only use a blaster pistol single or DW? When the lore of the whole class revolves around some very nasty bounty hunters that used all sorts of weapons. They were as close to weapon masters as a class in Star Wars can get. At least give us rifles.

I'm not convinced that Darth Maul wouldn't be classed as a 'assassin' as far as SWTOR is concerned. Now, in the LORE itself he might not be quite what an assassin is in SWTOR, but just take Darth Maul from the movie and compare him to your average assassin.

The way I see it is-

-Darth Maul fights with double bladed lightsabers.

-He wears cloth, not armor.

-Many of the animations of the Sith Assassin seem to intentionally take after him (Such as Seethe)

As far as him NOT being an assassin?

-He doesn't stealth.

-No force lightning.

The last one of those isn't even particularly right since other than the instant force shock and putting lightning on their blades, assassins don't use force lightning either.

Concerning the first point, there have been times (usually in PVP) where I go in without using stealth since unless you are planning on using your from-stealth knockback, none of the Assassin/Shadow melee attacks hinge on you being in stealth.

Ultimately it doesn't matter at all, but at least the way I'm looking at it, seems the simple points lean in favor of him being more assassin-like than marauder-like.

Darth Maul exists in a time when sith lore is almost dead. He probably is neither-he has whatever little sith knowledge Darth Sidious decided to teach him ( keeping some things secret)

He probably not close to an inquisitor, because in the movie he makes no decisions, only fights like a trained animal. ( probably an attempt by Lucas to make him seem menacing, but makes him comes off as 1 dimensional.)

I read up the wookiepedia article on Maul.

He uses Force Lightning as well, I think in a comic or etc.

So, yep, he's an Assassin.

Strictly speaking, anyone could use (or learn to use) Force Lightning. You shouldn't let game mechanics confuse the lore and background.

Except possibly Darth Vader, what with his cybernetics, he supposedly had some issues with Force Lightning.

vader lost most of his connection to the force when he lost his limbs and lungs and what not...

if you watch... the episode about darth mauls brother in clone wars.. I am pretty sure he is more like a mix of juggernaught marauder and assasin, but either way... to the topic of force cloak..

I am pretty sure obi-wan used something like force cloak to hide himself while he deactivated the tractor beam of the death star.. but yeah... he again is a warrior xD

My point is, I want my Knight/Warrior to use a DBLS for intense melee combat. Like Darth Maul. The motions, mechanics, and mathematics are already in the game, just add them to those classes. It's the same as having a very powerful one handed saber. (stat wise) And the motions are obviously the same as Inq/Cons. Just do it!!!!

Exactly what I mean.