Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance with Satele Shan coming???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Romance with Satele Shan coming???

OlBuzzard
07.21.2020 , 01:19 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Yeah ... its unclear to me what the qualifications are to be Grand Master. In all of the pre-release materials its indicated that Master Satele is the person who re-discovered Tython and convinced the Jedi to retreat and refocus there. And as far as we can tell, she has already been Grand Master for years at the start of all player stories. Clearly she was a capable warrior, but this act must have upped her credentials enough to justify promotion.

She isn't portrayed to be any wiser than, say, Master Oteg (who according to this isn't even on the council) or Master Gnost-Dural, though she seems to be more in control of her emotions than other members.
Spoiler

Its obviously not clear if Oteg survived the War against the Eternal Empire. He's probably worth discussing as a new potential Grand Master. Although I don't understand why he wasn't on the Council, since there is a clear trend (taking all of Star Wars as a whole, including the movies, The Mandalorian show, and KOTOR I) that members of Yoda's species are very strong in the Force and extremely long lived. If he isn't one of the scattered Jedi we find as part of Task Force Nova, then his fate probably won't be completely clear ... he dies if you choose the dark side option in Maelstrom Prison, so better to presume him dead at the hands of the Eternal Empire, than have the writers create two different scenarios which vary depending upon a choice that may have never even been permanently stored. Gnost-Dural may have stepped aside to let Tau and the player character fight Malgus, but that doesn't imply that he would not lead a new Jedi Council.

Tau definitely evolves and matures during her mentorship of Arn. However, I don't know if her maturation rises to the level of leading the Jedi Council.

Its also pretty unclear that Tau, Arn, and Gnost-Dural will even be involved in the content of 6.2, since they are not aware of the mission that the Alliance Commander, Kira, and Scourge are undertaking.

So, I highly doubt we will see anything but a conclusion to Satele Shan's story in 6.2
I see one of two possibilities:
*** Jedi history and lore could be somewhat ignored ... and Tau sits on the council. IMO ... I suspect that there are other thoughts that might perpetuate this conclusion .. but still hard to say.

*** Following a stronger adherence to SW lore / Jedi leaders of the past or future: Tau is neither on the council or grand master. I do see her role as continuing on in the story of SWTOR for a while yet to come.

*** IMO it would be really interesting if a character from the same race as Yoda were at least introduced as either a young Jedi with a promising future ... (definitely not Yoda as this is waaaaay before his time) or a character mature enough who is NOT seeking such a place in the order ... but is promoted to be a part of the new council.

Finally: back on topic ... I DO agree that this could be the final curtain call for Satele altogether unless she becomes the voice of the force in much the same way that Obi-Wan does during the original SW movies.

While it is true she is no longer sitting on the council or (apparently) even trained new Jedi she has already made it clear that she has become more "focused" on the force. That (IMO) would pretty much indicate she no longer seeks such relationships.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

phalczen
07.21.2020 , 04:03 PM | #62
Today's livesteam seems to confirm what I thought ... that there are two separate stories included in 6.2.

1.) One which is concluding with 6.2, that is, ultimately, the story of the Sith Emperor.
2.) The story which began with Ossus, continued in Onslaught, and most recently had us viewing
Spoiler
which I assumed was not going to be in 6.2. But I'm very curious how a fissure in Mandalorian culture, culminating in a flashpoint, involves Malgus,
Spoiler

But I guess that discussion is for another thread.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

phalczen
07.21.2020 , 04:08 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I see one of two possibilities:
*** Jedi history and lore could be somewhat ignored ... and Tau sits on the council. IMO ... I suspect that there are other thoughts that might perpetuate this conclusion .. but still hard to say.

*** Following a stronger adherence to SW lore / Jedi leaders of the past or future: Tau is neither on the council or grand master. I do see her role as continuing on in the story of SWTOR for a while yet to come.
You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.
https://youtu.be/W4VbA1d-mrQ

because that worked out so well ...
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

OlBuzzard
07.21.2020 , 04:11 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.
https://youtu.be/W4VbA1d-mrQ

because that worked out so well ...
YUP !!

Not good then ... or "earlier" in their history either !!

Willjb
07.21.2020 , 04:37 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I ....

*** IMO it would be really interesting if a character from the same race as Yoda were at least introduced as either a young Jedi with a promising future ... a character mature enough who is NOT seeking such a place in the order ... but is promoted to be a part of the new council.
+1 ^ This. Put a Yoda-like character as Grand Master, like we see a yoda race master on Tython as a Consular/ Knight in the council/ when we click on the council door - and [absolutely NOT] Tau: she's more of an enforcer and definitely not a diplomat (I don't care for Tau at all, I hope she gets shot out an airlock).

Satele is more a free agent, like Count Dooku, now. Let us romance her, she still enjoys company, and she's way more interesting than the other females we can romance. She has that m*lf quality, big time.

(*No force ghost cr@p -----> -1, that has been done way too many times, that's an old beaten road and boring AF. She deserves to live .... well.)

OlBuzzard
07.21.2020 , 04:53 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Willjb View Post
+1 ^ This. Put a Yoda-like character as Grand Master, like we see a yoda race master on Tython as a Consular/ Knight in the council/ when we click on the council door - and [absolutely NOT] Tau: she's more of an enforcer and definitely not a diplomat (I don't care for Tau at all, I hope she gets shot out an airlock).

Satele is more a free agent, like Count Dooku, now. Let us romance her, she still enjoys company, and she's way more interesting than the other females we can romance. She has that m*lf quality, big time.

(*No force ghost cr@p - -1, that has been done way too many times, that's an old beaten road and boring AF. She deserves to live .... well.)
*** Yoda type character ... YES ( I think it's time for one)

*** Jedi Master: MAYBE (??) ... should be left up to the development team.
*** grand master... IMO ... not at this time. Develop the character first. This adds content to the game as well as adding to the story of rebuilding the Jedi order.

As for Satele.. final decision up to the development team ... but IMO .. well ... I;ve already said my peace and I stick to that conclusion. In life or death she is very much committed to the teaching of the force. I also believe that she is not as strict to others as they see the force ( please see reference her discussion with the Outlander regarding the force and how it works while on Odessen ).

In any case I'm not dogmatic about the matter. I will support which ever decision is made by the development team. But something tells me that there might be a kill option for those playing the dark side. This would also need to be taken into consideration when reviewing the addition of the "romance / flirt option".