[Weekly] Limit? Punishing first timers?

I have just started doing the 55 Ops.

I went to do a full run for Terror from Beyond. However 1/4 of the group quit after doing the "Weekly" part, after a few hours we managed to get some people for the last 2 bosses.

We fought them, got past the first and onto the second but lost a few times, then people gave up and left.

Leaving my Op at the final boss. Apparently now I can not join another group and run through it again, I can not reset my progress on the story, so I either sit around for hours hoping there a slim chance people will shout for the final boss. Or I have to wait 1 whole week for it to reset?

And the same damn thing may happen next time to? Meaning if someone were to have really bad luck, they may never be able to fully complete this Op?

I do not see the point in this, all I want to do is complete the story for this and clear the mission "Terror from Beyond" from my list, but it may never happen? And now I have to sit around for a week irritated and stressed due to some bizarre weekly limit?

My OCD is telling me to complete this mission now, now, NOW! And I can't! Once I start something it has to be finished! Having others stop me from doing this is frustrating beyond belief! Just how am I meant to complete this?

Don't worry about it! You can still do the bonus quest this week, I would try to find someone looking for the last boss keep an eye out on TFB groups and message the leader seeing if you could come on the bonus quest if they do so.

You have plenty of time to finish up these quests since it is your first character in end game operations don't worry about it just focus on getting your gear and comms :)

Edited by Ehbuse
Spelling

You're right that you may not find another group looking to fill a slot at that point, but don't discount the possibility. There are always folks that have to bail out and be replaced, esp. in a 16m run (where you get the most comms).

At the start of the week, just keep an eye out for general chat posts for either a "Full Run" (vs. a Comms Run that breaks up after Op IX), or better yet a "Mats Run" (meaning the folks doing it are running toons through it for the first full clear to finish the one time quest and get their 2 MMGs).

Oh and make sure you go into the other room in the pre-ops area before zoning into the instance and get that one time mission, otherwise no mats for you. (Unlike S&V it is easy to miss the mission pick up).

I do not see the point in this, all I want to do is complete the story for this and clear the mission "Terror from Beyond" from my list, but it may never happen? And now I have to sit around for a week irritated and stressed due to some bizarre weekly limit?

My OCD is telling me to complete this mission now, now, NOW! And I can't! Once I start something it has to be finished! Having others stop me from doing this is frustrating beyond belief! Just how am I meant to complete this?

End-game operation content may not be for you then. While groups completely breaking up mid-operation is a bit unusual when it's originally advertised as being a full run, it is not unusual in the least to loose a couple of people during a run. This often happens right after the weekly boss is cleared, but can happen on a later boss if the run is progressing slowly.

Good luck to you in completing Dread Palace. More often than not, PUGs are not interested in clearing the last boss of that operation as it is generally difficult for them. They might do one pull, but if it's a wipe people will start to leave the group.

In terms of the lockouts, the purpose of those is to prevent players from gearing up their characters in a day or two and then having no content to run for months and quitting the game out of boredom. With the weekly lockouts, it currently takes an eight-man progression team four months (16 lockouts) to fully gear everyone on the team.

Thank Bioware, who in their infinite wisdom decided to tie the best Comms to a weekly mission that doesn't require actually completing the Operation, just killing an earlier boss.

Add in things like legacy gear allowing players to share gear between alts, and you have a set up that makes the game a sanctuary for lazy and bad players.

Why bother doing content which might be challenging and require a bit of effort to beat if you can get the best rewards AND share them with your alts all with less risk?

Edited by DawnAskham

Just join a guild. MMOs are meant to be social. Joining a guild and making friends in game is a huge part of how you get to be successful in MMOs. We literally just took a new guildie through the Terror to get him his 1 time quest done last night.

I went to do a full run for Terror from Beyond. However 1/4 of the group quit after doing the "Weekly" part, after a few hours we managed to get some people for the last 2 bosses.

We fought them, got past the first and onto the second but lost a few times, then people gave up and left.

Leaving my Op at the final boss. Apparently now I can not join another group and run through it again, I can not reset my progress on the story, so I either sit around for hours hoping there a slim chance people will shout for the final boss. Or I have to wait 1 whole week for it to reset?

And the same damn thing may happen next time to? Meaning if someone were to have really bad luck, they may never be able to fully complete this Op?

it is sucked and i i think everyone including my self had this experience, and this is happen because of the weekly which ends on the middle of operations, which people tend to leave after the weekly

and it is worse on snv and DP because snv is damn long and DP last tboss is quite hard and many quits

So for now just suck it up and keep trying next pug will clear it im sure be patience bro you get there

Edited by KumbayaGOD

In my experience, the tendency to stop after the [Weekly] has actually decreased since DF/DP have come out, at least on The Harbinger. Most groups seem to at least try for full clears, with the exception of SnV.

Only going to the weekly for TfB has always been stupid, since you've already cleared like 90% of the trash. After the weekly, all that's left is literally three trash pulls and two bosses, so finishing the Op is an easy 8 extra Ultimate comms if you're on 16M (the reward for a full clear is admittedly less appealing in 8M). And DF/DP have the weeklies at the 4th boss, meaning there's only a single boss left to finish it, meaning most groups just go ahead and try for the full clear, although some would rather not deal w/ the last boss of DP. The anomaly, of course, is SnV, which has a really fast weekly (couple trash pulls and 3 boss fights, and you're done), but a whole crapload of trash and *4* more bosses after the weekly. So most of the time, you see groups only going for the weekly of SnV, but most other ops seem to be full clears.

this is all to common on harbinger, ive effectively given up raiding and generally on the game because of how everyone just abandons all hope if they didnt "first try kill" the boss

I have experienced this more then once. It's basically why I hardly run any ops in the first two days of the weekly anymore. It appeared to me that on the server I'm on (The Red Eclipse), most people tend to run the weeklies, and only the weeklies, as soon as possible. Since I'm more interested in full runs, I tend to hold out a few days longer. The only two ops that people tend to do full runs of in the first few days, are Dread Fortress and Dread Palace. When I join for one of the others, Scum and Villainy or Terror From Beyond, in the first days, it usually ends after the weekly is done.

I also watch the advertisements closely. When I see "LFM 1 Tank, 2 healers, rest DPS for {[WEEKLY] Terror From Beyond} 16m SM", I tend to not react om it. I view this doing the weekly only and then stopping it. When I see LFM 1 Tank, 2 healers, rest DPS for {[WEEKLY] Terror From Beyond} 16m SM, FULL RUN", I do react. This clearly specifies that it's a full run. This is more important to me when it concerns Scum and Villainy, as the weekly is the third boss and there are 4 more bosses after it.

Sounds familiar :(

I would recommend at least Toborros Courtyard every week. No thrash, no quitters.

During my <2 months at 55 I have only downed Dread Council once and Styrak of SnV not even once :( but hey, I still have 168/180 gear with Underworld set bonus :) gearing takes patience indeed but I at least have had at least one smooth run for one megafail ^^ also never enter undergeared (not saying you did but undergeared key player may wipe group)

I have the same problem for clearing the ops from my list. I don't need the comms, I don't need the gear, I just want these ops completed at least once. That's why I want a "story single mode" so much, just to view the videos and get the "mission complete" message. I'm not sure it'll ever happen, though.

Also, each run that ends up a weekly run is a ruined evening - first there's an hour of boring waiting around for people, then it's clearing the weekly, the bosses, and... sigh. Ops are very, very boring for me, after all.

I'm getting my Living Legend in a week or so with only DF and EV completed, and I'm probably not going to see any other ops completed ever again. (With guild runs/pug runs, problem is, most of these runs are "be geared, have the achievement and know the tactics", and while I have some gear, I obviously don't have anything of the latter; also, alas, I'm also painfully shy to ask).

I do have some hope for the new Group Finder for the ops, but I'm afraid it would be the same with people leaving after the weekly. Also, as a DPS, I'll probably have to spend a few hours online with my 55 to pop the queue, and that's, again, several hours of doing nothing - most of the story content I play is levelling content, there's nothing left on level 55.

I must admit, I have stopped trying now. Partly due to the fact I play on a laptop (they've nearly finished by the time my screen's loaded!) and also due to the amount of folks who drop out part way through and then spending hours hanging around trying to find replacements.

I tend to respond only to people who are asking for a specific role (lf 2 dps, 1 tank etc), as they tend to want to complete, but you're right. I finally abandoned all my OPs missions as they were there for weeks.

Guild is the only answer I'm afraid (not that it's a bad thing at all).

I don't know what server you guys are on but here on the ebon hawk there is a dedicated server for pug ops, several times a day you will see DF/DP/TFB/SnV runs that kill all the bosses. Granted sometimes they don't make it to the final boss but most people try to finish the raid. Also with the GF changes coming with 2.8 I think we should see more runs that complete the ops.

ANSWER:- Join a good guild who do pve runs and they'll no doubt have at least an evening a week where people can do fun runs and lower level stuff etc and in no time at all they'll bundle with you and you'll have it completed.

I feel it should be a full clear for the weekly as well. Bioware seems to feel otherwise, so here we are.

Your best bet is to look for groups on Sunday night and on Monday. There are frequently groups of people in the same boat as you who are putting together ops groups to do just the last boss.

I'm in the exact same situation and it's very frustrating. I'm currently looking for a PVE guild that might be able to help me.

Maybe if those of us that are stuck at the Terror from Beyond got together I'm sure we'd at least have an 8 man group to finish it off. I really don't want to put myself through it all again just the finish it, especially since it took nearly 10 groups to get to the last boss and a hefty 200K repair bill.

I'm desperate to finish this Op so I can move on with the Dread Master story. If anyone can offer us any assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Lyvid