Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo Operations?

Lunarcorporation
05.14.2019 , 11:15 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

I did a search on this recently and found a thread posted over a year ago on the subject but I would like to take a moment to ask if anyone has any information or theories on the subject.

Will Operations (such as Dread Fortress) gain a solo option?
------

I understand this is a multiplayer game and I'm fully aware of the arguments for and against making the multiplayer content have solo options so please understand that I'm not trying to spark that debate.

All of my friends have stopped playing this game (we play FFXIV now). But I still love the narrative and story of SWTOR but I miss out on a lot of the content because I'm not exactly very good at the combat in this game (to the point where I feel I would be more of a hindrance than an asset to anyone unlucky enough to attach to me in Group Finder).

I still want to experience the stories that these operations have though so, does anyone know if the Solo option is possibly coming to these operations? Thanks in advance everyone! Have a great day!

Hefaiston
05.14.2019 , 12:38 PM | #2
i doubt it even if i wish it also want the other flashpoints and operations to be made soloable for the story

Lunarcorporation
05.14.2019 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hefaiston View Post
i doubt it even if i wish it also want the other flashpoints and operations to be made soloable for the story
Yeah. I'm missing out on a lot because not many people do this content anymore, and the ones that do aren't exactly friendly to players who aren't top tier in their class.

pivcelin
05.15.2019 , 03:56 AM | #4
what are you on about, "not many people do this content"?
most fleet pugs wouldnt care if you do only basic attack, as long as at least few people know what to do, just read about basic ops tactics as a courtesy to other people and yolo, that is if joining a guild is such a hardship
this discussion was brought so many times before by lazy or antisocial people that its getting tiresome
28/31 warstalker from beyond dragonslayer dread master gatecrasher of the ruined world

nepochop
05.15.2019 , 04:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunarcorporation View Post
Will Operations (such as Dread Fortress) gain a solo option?
I really really doubt it.

WayOfTheWarriorx
05.15.2019 , 06:58 AM | #6
Never happen.

Raiders would lose their minds, and rightly so.

SteveTheCynic
05.15.2019 , 08:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Never happen.

Raiders would lose their minds, and rightly so.
Depends. If the solo version *just* let people see the story-ish elements, without any of the special rewards (no speeders, decos, gear tokens, etc.), with a scaled-down version of the various fights, it could work, and wouldn't cause too much grumbling. Part of that acceptance - or at least diminished resistance - would be that the actual raiders wouldn't be bothered any more by the occasional person who came just to see the story part.

That said, I can think of lots of better things for BioWare to spend development effort on.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Lunarcorporation
05.15.2019 , 05:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Depends. If the solo version *just* let people see the story-ish elements, without any of the special rewards (no speeders, decos, gear tokens, etc.), with a scaled-down version of the various fights, it could work, and wouldn't cause too much grumbling. Part of that acceptance - or at least diminished resistance - would be that the actual raiders wouldn't be bothered any more by the occasional person who came just to see the story part.

That said, I can think of lots of better things for BioWare to spend development effort on.
And that's a perfectly great answer. I'm sure the list of things the dev team should work on is VERY extensive.

As far as rewards, I honestly wouldn't care if I got NONE of the rewards for just doing the Operation Solo. As you said, I just want to experience the story aspect of it without being a detriment to a team of players. If I was speaking as someone who was Anti-social, I would have whined and complained about not being able to Solo the content. As I said, I wasn't intending to spark the debate as it was more of genuine curiosity. But I've already had replies from folks acting like just because I would like a feature added to the game they feel the need to personally attack me because they find it unnecessary.

When I want to do 30 Man Raid content, I hop on FFXIV and do an alliance raid with my buddies, but when I want a story rich Star Wars experience, I come here. XD

Anyways, thanks for the insightful reply! It probably won't be a feature added and that's a bummer but nothing that hurts my overall experience of the game. Unlike some people who feel the need to act superior just because I asked a question.

RikuvonDrake
05.15.2019 , 05:31 PM | #9
if you are unable to find people to play with you can watch them on youtube

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Lunarcorporation
05.15.2019 , 07:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
if you are unable to find people to play with you can watch them on youtube
.... despite my youtube addiction, that had never occurred to me. Thanks!