Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Benirons
04.18.2019 , 06:37 AM | #9621
Quote: Originally Posted by tomatosquish View Post
One even tried to argue that his companion was better geared.
Oh man this cracked me up really good .

Was doing a full clear in DF SM and we hit a snag at the last boss. The jugger tank decided with all their might to try to dodge the tentacle slam during the fingers phase. Let me tell you, it was a sight to behold, this bloke spinning/running strafing, you name it, in circles, and the slam along with the giant telegraph tracking them perfectly.

Needless to say, raid got slammed... A lot. Pretty much caused a wipe as there were 3 people alive for last phase.

Next try the jugger tank was at it again, running in circles like a dog chasing its tail. It took about 2 dozen tank markers before they finally realised where they need to stay put at.

Afterwards I learned that they were a PVPer. They are so bad at ops, I swear.

LD_Little_Dragon
04.18.2019 , 10:51 AM | #9622
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
Oh man this cracked me up really good .
Next try the jugger tank was at it again, running in circles like a dog chasing its tail. It took about 2 dozen tank markers before they finally realised where they need to stay put at.

Afterwards I learned that they were a PVPer. They are so bad at ops, I swear.
I've been seeing this a lot - tanks who keep running around because if they stand still 'they'll take damage'. Great fun when you're a melee dps or a healer trying to keep up with the half the raid getting hit with the cleaves.

Sometimes tanks should avoid the big damage hits but most times it's their JOB to stand there and take it.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

AmiHale
04.24.2019 , 03:59 AM | #9623
Omg. A friend told me to post this here. XD
Just had a flashpoint pub side where it was me on a male toon, 2 other dps, and a male toon healer (male toon thing is necessary to know, I'll get to that) with a hilarious name. I complimented their name and we get to chatting as we kill things. Cue only non-lvl 70 beginning to throw a fit. He tells us to quit chatting and just kill things. Like, the stuff was dying quick? What problem was there? Korriban Incursion btw. Anyways, so we ignore him, but chat falls silent for a bit cause awkward now with that guy. We continue on, kill the first boss, and then we get to the convo part. Now I play all the way zoomed out so I can't really see the characters. And I love outfits so I see the healer with an outfit combination I'd never seen before in the cutscene and I compliment him. Apparently this is the last straw for Mr. Not 70. He aborts the npc conversation, quits the group, and tells us to cut the "ho/mo sh/it" as he's being kicked from the phase. Even the fourth member was like "what the heck?". Needless to say, we called a comp and continued on our merry way with me having another name on the ignore list. XD Hate to break it to the rando dude, but I hope he doesn't ever get around to seeing Theron and Cytharat flirt options. Kinda hard to play an MMO with bi and gay NPCs if one can't handle the players being friendly. :P
The Forerunners Legacy, Star Forge
Knights and Warriors of the Gray Order
"We do what we must because no one else will."

tuulem
04.24.2019 , 05:41 PM | #9624
Had a guy a few days ago, low level, I think he was around 23 or something. Clearly new to the game as 'clueless' isn't even close to how he was. I'm going to call him Mr. CapsLock, because everything he typed was in caps.

Anyways, on my sorc, the only lvl 70 in the vet group working our way through Tython. I'm here with Mr. CapsLock, a couple of other DPS around the mid 50's mark. Of course, Mr C dies at the first boss, because the instruction to "stay out of the red circles" is a little too complicated.

"I AM DEDED AND I CANT GET UP!"

Yes, yes you are, and you can stay that way until the boss is as dead as you. We scrape him off the floor and continue on our merry way until the next boss, where Mr CapsLock has an epiphany and works out what Kolto Stations do. Amazingly, he doesn't die.

On to the last boss and we lose a DPS to the purple circles as well as Mr CapsLock. I throw a revive to the DPS, and Mr C comes out with this gem:

"PLZ REVIVE, I AM CHRISTIAN."

Like... what? What on earth does that have to do with.... anything? I am seriously starting to think I have some kind of oddball-attracting aura.

PaxSithari
04.27.2019 , 11:50 PM | #9625
So, that just happened. Ran Korriban Incursion Vet on my merc healer with 3 people in the same guild. 2 70s and a 30something. I've never seen someone in 250 gear (DPS sin, mara, 30something merc queued as healer) be so paper thin. Worse, everything was taking forever to die. Almost wiped on trash. Did I mention 250 gear?

Aside from not knowing mechanics, standing in red circles, standing in even redder circles, dying and needing battle rez, going through 4 cycles of Vent Heat on a boss because they needed that much healing, needing to Vent Heat on trash...

The best part? Get to final boss. At 10%, all 3 DC at the same time. Not even joking - see "Fool 1 disconnected" "Fool 2 disconnected" "Fool 3 disconnected". I kill boss by myself, wait a good 10 minutes (partially because I wanted to see if a vote kick could work, partially because I am a masochist), and gave up.

And the worst part, I can't even ignore them, they're offline.

So, mental note of not grouping with some Ziost-based guild in the future.
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik
RIP The Shadowlands

alexzk
04.28.2019 , 12:23 AM | #9626
Quote: Originally Posted by LD_Little_Dragon View Post
I've been seeing this a lot - tanks who keep running around because if they stand still 'they'll take damage'. Great fun when you're a melee dps or a healer trying to keep up with the half the raid getting hit with the cleaves.

Sometimes tanks should avoid the big damage hits but most times it's their JOB to stand there and take it.
Funny is, it does not help in pvp too much too at least jumping. All melee skills have at least 4m range to prevent this. And channels work like 180 degree.
So running around may only work if opponent is lagging (desync or so).

Best I read in chat, "Battle for Illum" - "Last boss is hard, because you should interrupt" (!!)
Nobody knows this skill today, pvp/pve...no matter.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

Zerileth
04.29.2019 , 11:42 PM | #9627
Quote: Originally Posted by PaxSithari View Post
So, mental note of not grouping with some Ziost-based guild in the future.
I've had far more weird runs when I get grouped with 3 in the same guild. Weird things that make no sense. I've always said I've learned more from pugs and have had less weirdness with pugs. Sure some are bad, but the guild runs (when it's another guild) have been interesting to say the least.

I've been kicked more times from those guild flashpoints because I didn't do exactly what their leader/tank demanded. Silly LOS that wasn't needed, or because I didn't run to a certain spot. Weird cult mentality that you couldn't reason with or use logic with at all.
. <--------just this little red dot

TheRandomno
05.10.2019 , 02:41 AM | #9628
I haven't played Merc/Commando healer in a while and just respecced to do MM runs for the weekly. After disconnecting at the last conversation of Black Talon, then before the last boss of Directive 7, I queued again for Directive 7. Group was level 65 assassin tank, level 70 Marauder, and level 70 operative.

We have more trouble than usual on the first pull. At some point I inspect the tank to see he is definitely not geared as a tank, and I don't believe he's in tank spec either.

Replicator goes okay and when we reach Bulwark the tank confirms he is really a DPS. It takes a couple of tries but we finish the fight.

At Mentor, there were a lot of issues. Not interrupting the turret, dying to claw, not destroying the cores. I try to explain the tactics and we have several more attempts with some progress made. On one we reached the last phase, but only two of us were alive so there wasn't enough DPS on Mentor before we died.

But eventually the boss goes down. And in the end it was quite fun, considering from the start I expected the run to fall apart. There was also the fact this wasn't on my main. My Merc has very bad gear and I don't think I can play the class properly:
  • I keep forgetting what Kolto Shell does and end up applying it repeatedly
  • I have little idea what to do when moving
  • I use my AoE heal way too infrequently

And probably other stuff I can't remember. Anyway, apparently it was good enough for this.
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

LordSassafras
05.19.2019 , 10:58 AM | #9629
New one today, not so much weird but there is one fp that stood out.

A few months ago, I joined a VM Rakata group that was me (level 70 commando) and a trio of guys ranging from 16 to 29. Pulled them through Rhekta and Rand, but ultimately they couldn't get to koltos fast enough on Darok and Arkous, and after three tries of me trying to facetank the fight for five minutes straight with the occasional teammate up, we had to call it quits.

Two Depths of Manann this weekend and the last. Both times I got called out for "unnecessarily kicking* the kolto cans, even though we had already finished the trash in that area.

Side note: Attempted to set up a pug for Gods (big mistake.) Got past Tyth and A&E. latter with only 3 people left towards the end, but wiped four times on Nahut because nobody really got the mechanics, even though I outlined pretty much the whole fight after two explanations. Tank left in a rage because nobody was reading my explanations, and the group fell apart after that.

Padabiene
05.25.2019 , 10:17 AM | #9630
Battle of Rishi HM, on my scoundrel healer. Second boss duo and I take too many stacks and die. Stupid but salvagable, if only the commando dps would throw me a battle rez. Nothing happens. I ask for it in chat, while the second dps dies. The commando moves near me, looks at me, but that's it. We wipe and he says it didn't work. I have an inkling he actually used the out of combat rez. He's in full 258 gear.
Second try I pay attention and we have no issues.
On to the last boss. The commando ignores adds, but whatever. He dies towards the end to blue circles, there's a grumpy remark in chat. I rez him right before the EMP phase. While I activate the shield he dies again (and I'm pretty sure he never used adrenaline rush which would have come in handy here). He quits group. The boss goes down ten seconds later.
What do we do, panic, freak? I usually panic but I'm happy to freak.