Black Friday

achuzanone

Thought I would give this thread a bump rather than start a new one about the same thing.

BW any idea yet if you are doing a Black Friday sale? A yes -No answer is all that's needed, don't need to go into detail of what the sale will have if there is one. If there is not one planned I see no reason why you cannot just say so.

Not sure about collections but I saw a full cartel pack sale at 25% discount.

Well, this is quite disappointing in my opinion [-25% on packs], but who am I to really say that.

Enjoy the sales folks. I will pass this time and keep waiting :D/

Right now Marvel Heroes is doing -50% sale + BOGO. LOTRO is doing -75% off almost anything in the store. Guild Wars 2 will offer -70% off on some of their market. SOE Games will be getting a Double Cash day. WOW will be getting -75% off prices on some of their games. Wildstar is getting a -50% off. TERA is getting some cool bundles and goodies. Even thousands of online and retail games are going to get a sweet deal. Quite disappointing in my opinion with only -25% off packs in a big game like this. Anyways, it's how it is and how they want to do it. They know what they are doing. What we can do?... nothing. :jamyzcrymoar: Lets just keep waiting haha, probably on December better deals will come. :)

Happy thanksgiving to everyone folks! :D

25% doesn't seem like much, and the new "packs" aren't really all that great. Are they bringing back the old packs, or just the new Bronze/Silver/Gold packs will be on sale?

Not trying to be ungrateful, but there's a really big missed opportunity on sales if this is all you're offering. Pretty much every other F2P game is offering at least 50% bonus or half off purchases.

It's a tad underwhelming as far as sales go... especially considering they already have done better ones in the past, so it's not that they don't know how.

Well, if anything it helps me keep my expectations in check for the 'big announcement' next week. :p

with this new expansion came the ****** version of the Cartel Market that no one wants

This show how much they don't care about the people who support this game

so far this expansion they have seems to turn things for the worse not only with the market but the game play itself

thanks for the 25% but other games i support are doing this better.

Aren't the packs normally 10% off anyways? So the 25% is actually only 15% more than "usual".

EDIT: Looks like they're not bringing back "all existing packs", either. The picture on the website looked like they'd be bringing more packs back, but it's only a discount on packs currently on sale (Gold/Silver/Bronze and Force Alliance Packs). Really really underwhelming. Pathetic excuse for a Black Friday "sale", especially compared to many competitors and previous sales.

Edited by Milan_Grey

an abysmal sale which only compounds the issue that the swtor team knows little if nothing about incentivizing gambling based purchases. There is no logic behind the pricing of armor packs other than greed and preying on stupid customers. When you can buy an armor set direct for the same price this removes the incentive to buy a random chance at it. I know, but what about sets that aren't currently directly available. Just wait, wait for them to become market items or wait for someone else to not make the mental connection and sell it on GTN.

To incentivize gambling, and this is real money gambling, they costs of gold armor packs must be low enough so that the purchaser always feels they have a chance to win. This means they have to be significantly cheaper than direct sales. The only built in defeat mechanism is that many items declared gold and silver quality obviously do not have that appeal to players

So this was my Black Friday experience:

I bought one Gold Armor pack and one Silver. SP yields a forgettable item, and GP yields Satele Shan's set, which I was hunting for since it came out. I then proceed to buy 3 more of each pack, spending nearly all the CCs I paid real money for, and got:

* Mira's Armor Set

* Naga Sadow's Armor Set

* Thana Vesh's Armor Set (which is cool and all, but I already have it).

* Bunch of forgettable stuff from the SPs and bonus items from the GPs.

So I'm thinking of putting Thana's set up for sale and keeping the rest. And although I'm quite happy about FINALLY getting Satele's armor, I know it was just a fluke, and that I'm better off playing the game and buying the stuff I really want with in-game currency instead of CCs -- at least at current price levels.