Crew Skills and Items in Game Update 1.3

CourtneyWoods

Systems Designer, David Hunt details some of the changes to Crew Skills and Items in Game Update 1.3: Allies:

The next game update for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ includes a handful of key changes to crew skills and item tech that we want to share with you.

Read More

Edited by CourtneyWoods

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my issue with the adaptive gear. I wear medium armor. I bought some adaptive gear on the PTS. I bought the imp dancer set. When I modded it out and put it all on yes the armor rating went up but the durability stayed the same as if it was light gear so 80/80 all my medium armor is 100/100. So yes this is a fun change but as a hard core raider it comes with a cost that makes it not worth it. It comes with more repair bills more frequently.

Underworld Trading missions are gaining a large set of Custom (orange) schematics for hands, feet, waists and wrists.

The drop rates for these schematics needs to be looked at.

From my testing on the PTS, running grade 3 UT missions almost non-stop with 5 companions at max affection. I have gotten a total of 3 of the new schematics (1 med. boot (armor), 1 med. boot (synth) and 1 med. glove (synth)) out of 100+ UT missions.

Compaired to the drop rates of the custom (orange) weapons that were added to investigation and treasure hunting in 1.2, these new ones for UT seem very, very low.

Here is my issue with the adaptive gear. I wear medium armor. I bought some adaptive gear on the PTS. I bought the imp dancer set. When I modded it out and put it all on yes the armor rating went up but the durability stayed the same as if it was light gear so 80/80 all my medium armor is 100/100. So yes this is a fun change but as a hard core raider it comes with a cost that makes it not worth it. It comes with more repair bills more frequently.

Wow, can't believe they forgot to scale the durability as well as armor rating.

gg BW

They should really just remove durability all together. It's a joke that light armor users have to pay more to repair, and heavy pays less.

Edited by ViciousFett

I have two questions:

1. Is there anything that is going to be done about the overabundance of Companion Gift missions that we are currently seeing? It's quite frustrating as a synthweaver to try and collect metals when 4/5 missions are gifts, and the 5th is fabrics...or vice versa.

2. Crew Mission failure rates for max affection companions, why does this happen as frequently as it does?

Wow, can't believe they forgot to scale the durability as well as armor rating.

gg BW

They should really just remove durability all together. It's a joke that light armor users have to pay more to repair, and heavy pays less.

I'm not sure if it was going to happen in this update or soon after but they were talking about the disparity of armor durability between the weights and that they were looking at making them all the same value.

Edited by rymah

I noticed that containment officer gear isn't on the list, despite being in your 1.3 advertisement. I hope this is a text oversize and not that the gear was left out.

I'm wearing this gear on the PTS and it is listed as "adaptive" when you look at it.

Balmorran Resistance

Civilian Pilot

CorSec Uniform

Death’s Claw Armor

Elegent Dress

Formal Suit

Hailstorm Brotherhood

Hutt Cartel

Imperial Dancer

Imperial Pilot

Imperial Trooper

Karagga’s Unyielding Helm (single item)

Pilot’s Suit

Prisoner’s

Republic Officer

Republic Pilot

Sand People

Slave Girl

Ulgo Noble

Voss Mystic

Wut? No Imperial Containment Officer? From Rakghoul event? :confused::confused::confused::eek::(:mad::rak_02::rak_02:

Thanks for the clarification was wondering myself if it was adaptive :)

Np. :) My Vanguard's been wearing the chest piece and boots since he got them shortly after 1.2 (even though I was losing something like 400 armor), so I'd have been upset too if it was omitted. ;)

Np. :) My Vanguard's been wearing the chest piece and boots since he got them shortly after 1.2 (even though I was losing something like 400 armor), so I'd have been upset too if it was omitted. ;)

Was planning on using them on my Jedi Guardian for My War Hero gear, already using the War hero Trooper gear for PvE :D

This is great! I'm really looking forward to social gear. However, I have one question: Orange belts/bracers? How, as someone who only does PvP, am I supposed to equip these items with an armoring that has expertise? If we could have one item, such as the chest (the most expensive) have an extractable armoring that was NOT slot specific, that would be awesome!

What are you guys going to do to make the professions that can't craft augment kits stay viable? After 1.3 drops there is nothing that Artifice can make that you can't get better elsewhere for cheaper.

And when are you guys going to push the rest of the gear art towards moddable? Its been stated that the crafting system is already pushing capacity with the number of patterns in the game, but can't you at least make the Artifact version of all items be fully moddable so that players can pick looks and colors more diverse then the very limited selection currently out there. There are several unique companion outfits that would be nice to have moddable versions of so we can maintain those looks, and it would also be great if more of the NPC armors were available for use as well.

The reduction in cost of pulling mods is nice, but its still too high. Maybe gear should be sold/dropped as kits that you open and the shell and mods come separately so we can either use the shell and drop the mods into that, or drop the mods into other gear. Top end gear is still going to cost close to 30k per mod to pull.