Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Actual DPS Simulator (early-ish phase)

ThomasCool
05.25.2015 , 07:53 AM | #21
It's cool man, no rush. I just finished refactoring the code (it was already turning into a mess, and have almost finished the serenity one ... if only force technique could hit the correct amount....
~Luna
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

MackTK
05.25.2015 , 12:40 PM | #22
If you need more Powertech parses, I can help, if you want. Full 198 except one armoring and 204 MH.

Cheers!

ThomasCool
05.25.2015 , 12:45 PM | #23
If you want, that'd be great i will need more information about gear though (all the ratings - crit, surge, ala, tech bonus, ranged bonus)

P.S. updated main post
Lunagazer (Gunslinger) - Iahgazer (Scoundrel DPS) - Phoebegazer (Vanguard DPS) - Lonagazer (Commando DPS/Heals) - and more
<The Olde Guard>

Cuiwe
05.25.2015 , 12:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Got another bit of feedback for ya luna, based off those sims you ran.
The APM was looking a little high which is why I started looking.

You are currently handling alacrity wrong!

Alacrity isn't a multiplication of (1-alacrity) for cooldowns + the GCD, but rather it is a division of (1+alacrity). The easiest way to see this is beserk on a combat sentinel. Master Strike goes from 3 sec channel / 18 sec cooldown with no alacrity to 2.25 sec channel / 13.53 sec cooldown with 33% alacrity. If alacrity worked the way you currently have it coded, it would be a 2.01 second channel and a cooldown of 12.06 seconds.

Also explains why you had 12 hammer shots in your best parse whereas I found that I'd have 10 if I didn't make silly mistakes like using HiB->TS when that would cap me on energy whereas TS->HIB would not, since you got the resource regen part of alacrity right.
Of course, Bioware decides to use campy logic. Why would I expect anything different?

Anyhow, nice job OP! Keep whacking it! We'll all thank you later
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

TACeMossie
05.25.2015 , 07:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
Of course, Bioware decides to use campy logic. Why would I expect anything different?

Anyhow, nice job OP! Keep whacking it! We'll all thank you later
How is that campy logic? Doing it that way means that 1% alacrity = 1% more DPS.

If they did it so its times (1 - Alac%), then 100% alacrity would be infinite DPS. But the way they did it, 100% alacrity is a 100% DPS boost.
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

ThomasCool
05.26.2015 , 06:52 AM | #26
so just to make sure again for the energy part (going to try to add that in soonish)

energy/s = base/(1-alacrity) or is it base*(1+alacrity) ?
or do the energy ticks happen faster?
GCD/Cooldowns/activations = base/(1+alacrity)?

T.
<The Olde Guard>

TACeMossie
05.26.2015 , 04:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasCool View Post
so just to make sure again for the energy part (going to try to add that in soonish)

energy/s = base/(1-alacrity) or is it base*(1+alacrity) ?
or do the energy ticks happen faster?
GCD/Cooldowns/activations = base/(1+alacrity)?

T.
Energy is base * (1+alacrity)
It still applies every second (i'd prefer constant ticks that are closer together but whatever)

so, for example, a TK sage with 10% alacrity would generate 8.8 force/sec before also counting the bonus regen from tk bolt
Kwerty/Mossie

ThomasCool
05.26.2015 , 05:07 PM | #28
Thanks man. That cleared that up. Btw, can you get me some plasma parses?
T.
<The Olde Guard>

TACeMossie
05.26.2015 , 05:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasCool View Post
Thanks man. That cleared that up. Btw, can you get me some plasma parses?
T.
It will be a little delayed, as Im about to run off to uni, and when I get back I'll have about -30 minutes to maintenance, but I'll get em to ya tomorrow.
Kwerty/Mossie

ThomasCool
05.26.2015 , 05:39 PM | #30
so i was playing around with the raid debuffs and could never get pulse cannon (it's amazing, a channeled ability affected by 3 debuffs) to match up to what my gear would say.
0 debuffs (no spec) - matched perfectly;
1 debuff (aoe from plasma) - worked again
2 debuffs (+ plasmatize 5%) - works if you make them multiplicative
3 debuffs ( the dummy sunder amor) - only works if you make it 1.15*1.07 instead of (1.1*1.05*1.07)

granted, it's like 6 extra damage per non crit tick. I just thought it was interesting (and annoying)

T.
<The Olde Guard>