Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4.0 KOTFE Augmentation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
4.0 KOTFE Augmentation

Powerinfusion
11.29.2015 , 09:57 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by RavageXX View Post
Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting but is this thread contradicting what you are saying about crit vs power? For augments and relics

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=846804
Yes, it most certainly is (not for relics, but for augs and crystals). And the link you post makes more sense based on the basic concept of DR which is ignored by the OP here.

Don't throw out your overkill augs and hawkeye crystals until my question above is answered.

Ryuku-sama
11.30.2015 , 09:17 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerinfusion View Post
Yes, it most certainly is (not for relics, but for augs and crystals). And the link you post makes more sense based on the basic concept of DR which is ignored by the OP here.

Don't throw out your overkill augs and hawkeye crystals until my question above is answered.
It has been answered times and times again. You're just too blind to see it. Or don't want to try to understand it.

The formulas are long to explain. Please if you don't have a minimal understanding of either calculus or informatic discrete simulations, stop arguing about Bant's assumption being bad. As someone who has both and is trying to actually create a discrete event simulator for simulating more complicated DPS simulation more readily applicable to PvP and fight where burst dominate, Bant's work is accurate under a few specific assumption... It has its flaws.. But nothing you mention is among them.
Kreea used an execute. An ability which is significantly more affected by power than any other move a Deception, Darkness or Hatred Sin would use. He also tested an ability with no surge bonus. And no auto-crit. Nor any of the things tiping heavily the balance toward crit stacking.. or alacrity stacking. Kreea's test is also buil for PvP testing. Meaning he has more secondary stat than a PvE'er due to stacking little to no accuracy. And even then, his test become false as soon as you consider more average abilities such a Snipe with its huge surge. Or DoTs or anything else.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015