Healing mechanics are so jacked up. Nerf DPS

ACTroyan

I posted this in another thread but it is getting buried and i think my points are valid so i'm making it a topic.

i dont think dps should be nerfed but something needs to be done to even the playing field.

First i want to start by saying I think the expertise changes are fine.

The problem as i see it is in the healing mechanics vs. dps mechanics.

dps get abilities that gaurantee crits, most high end damage abilities are instants or they have cc+dmg, finishers etc... healers are dependant on 2+ sec casts to heal over 2.5k counting crits! maybe 3k but thats pushing the limits of gear...

I have a 50 op/sniper/jugg all above valor 60 pre 1.2 so since most of my experience is with these classes they are the examples i use.

when a warrior can leap/oblit>smash>forcescream for 5k+1.5(3k crit) every 12sec... or a sniper can snipe>followthrough>ambush with only ambush having cast time(reduced if snipe crits which can be guaranteed with another cd) for 2k+3k+4.5k about every 12s as well... the best a healer can do is start a 2s cast which will most likely get interrupted or try to run

The healing expertise helped mitigate/mask the fact that only 30% of our big heals can go out under pressure (of 1 enemy) and 0 if more than 1. Without them the flaws in healing mechanics are being brought out into the daylight. I'm sure warriors would be crying if their smash took 2s to cast and i could interrupt it every 8s... or give healers a finisher version of heal that is equal to the dmg of the finisher, thatway whoever gets there first (dps or heals) wins.

Healing classes need work can you deny it?

Edited by ACTroyan

I posted this in another thread but it is getting buried and i think my points are valid so i'm making it a topic.

First i want to start by saying I think the expertise changes are fine.

The problem as i see it is in the healing mechanics vs. dps mechanics.

dps get abilities that gaurantee crits, most high end damage abilities are instants or they have cc+dmg etc... healers are dependant on 2+ sec casts to heal over 2.5k counting crits! maybe 3k but thats pushing the limits of gear...

I have a 50 op/sniper/jugg all above valor 60 pre 1.2 so since most of my experience is with these classes they are the examples i use.

when a warrior can leap/oblit>smash>forcescream for 5k+1.5(3k crit) every 12sec... or a sniper can snipe>followthrough>ambush with only ambush having cast time(reduced if snipe crits which can be guaranteed with another cd) for 2k+3k+4.5k about every 12s as well... the best a healer can do is start a 2s cast which will most likely get interrupted or try to run

The healing expertise helped mitigate/mask the fact that only 30% of our big heals can go out under pressure (of 1 enemy) and 0 if more than 1. Without them the flaws in healing mechanics are being brought out into the daylight. I'm sure warriors would be crying if their smash took 2s to cast and i could interrupt it every 8s...

Healing classes need work can you deny it?

Healers have tanks who guard and taunt to improve their performance, there is no equivalent for dps. Healers are fine, get a pocket tank.

Edited by Dmasterr

there is no equivalent? dps can get tanks too... doesnt change the fact that dps design is inherently better.

If dps had 5 dmg abilities with 2 strong ones on long interuptable cast times would you play dps?...

Edited by ACTroyan

there is no equivalent? dps can get tanks too... doesnt change the fact that dps design is inherently better.

So tanks can increase dps on other players by 50%? (to counter the survivability provided by guard) and up to 80% with taunts added? awesome i did not know that.

/sarcasm

I have a sorc healer, and a jugg/assassin as tanks (i play my operative strictly dps). And i either win or draw 2v4-6 battles frequently.

Edited by Dmasterr

So tanks can increase dps on other players by 50%? (to counter the survivability provided by guard) and up to 80% with taunts added? awesome i did not know that.

/sarcasm

they dont increase my healing 50%... basically same buff for both of us... whats your arguement? i like to survive more than you?

Healers have tanks who guard and taunt to improve their performance, there is no equivalent for dps. Healers are fine, get a pocket tank.

Are you saying that healers can heal at 100% only when a tank guard them? do you know that guarding doest not reduce damage? only share the damage with the tank and the heal muest heal all the damage so is the same thing jugg with 5K instant atacck that the healer have to heal it in 4-6 sec its unfear.Healers dont have always tanks to protect them. Right now DPS do more than the healers, at least healers must resist the DPS of 1 player by himself.

they dont increase my healing 50%... basically same buff for both of us... whats your arguement? i like to survive more than you?

They reduce the damage you take by 50%, which is better than healing because it is passive.

L2P

Are you saying that healers can heal at 100% only when a tank guard them? do you know that guarding doest not reduce damage? only share the damage with the tank and the heal muest heal all the damage so is the same thing jugg with 5K instant atacck that the healer have to heal it in 4-6 sec its unfear.Healers dont have always tanks to protect them. Right now DPS do more than the healers, at least healers must resist the DPS of 1 player by himself.

Tanks protect you from focus fire, and the split dmg can be healed trough hots /aoe healing mostly. Also you need to factor in taunts---> run into a fight and aoe taunt =BOOM! 3 medals you prevented 10k damage to your allies.

Edited by Dmasterr

They reduce the damage you take by 50%, which is better than healing because it is passive.

L2P

well like the post above states only 5% is mitigated the rest is just applied to tank, even if your statement made sense. what does that have to do with healing mechanics. this arguement is basically like this(i tell you my toaster is broken, then ur saying your refrigerator works great so stop complaining...i'm still hungry for toast yo!)

L2P

Tanks protect you from focus fire, and the split dmg can be healed trough hots /aoe healing mostly. Also you need to factor in taunts---> run into a fight and aoe taunt =BOOM! 3 medals you prevented 10k damage to your allies.

you think the 8k dmg every 12s can be healed through by hots/aoe? thats 16k if its 2v2 and if the tanks in range to guard he runs risk of getting smashed too which adds another 8k lay off the crack pipe.

Just give me some gosh darned instants.

I'm a sorc healer who would like to feel useful against a team that can mark.

Which thanks to the new patch. Is every team.

i'll trade you for resurgance but u gotta throw in the aoe kb

You do realise that saying that healers are ok because when guarded and protected with taunts by a tank they can survive is like saying pre 1.2 healers where not over powered, because if two people attacked one and used all interupts they could kill them.

I am not saying I your completely wrong, just that it is the exact same arguement that didn't work when all people tried to prevent the healing Nerf.

Serious question though has their been changes to the specs of the classes that could guard that has meant that they have changed spec as I am getting guarded a hell of a lot less than I used to. I was away for the first week of 1.2 but since i have been back I have to say it's probably single digits the number of times i have been guarded.

Against good players now i will die pretty quickly, against not so good players i can keep myself alive for a few minutes but will have to blow my cooldowns.

The real problem is that I have 0 survivability once marked as a healer now. Once that happens the rest of my game will be spent running from the spawn point, getting stunning getting killed within that 4 second stun and sent back to the spawn point.

I know that is teams just being organised, but is sure aint fun and their is nothing i can do about it

you think the 8k dmg every 12s can be healed through by hots/aoe? thats 16k if its 2v2 and if the tanks in range to guard he runs risk of getting smashed too which adds another 8k lay off the crack pipe.

War Zones are 8v8 .... just thought id put it out there but if your taking 8k dmg every 12 sec's

maybe you should run away save a cc or stick with your team since you are a healer wearing the lightest armor in

game....:rolleyes:

War Zones are 8v8 .... just thought id put it out there but if your taking 8k dmg every 12 sec's

maybe you should run away save a cc or stick with your team since you are a healer wearing the lightest armor in

game....

I am a healer so pretty much useless on my own, so you think I am not going to try and stay with my team.

Since patch, if i get marked as a healer as soon as i approach the fight in areas like Aldaraan or Voidstar, my game will go like this, cced, attacked by 2 or 3 or more people doing around 6k min burst damage each before the cc wears off. Then i start the run from the spawn point again

game....:rolleyes:

did you even read the posts or are you arbitrarily trying to jump in on this arguement that has nothing to do with the OP? i explained how much dmg dps warriors or snipers could cause, how tanking shouldnt be a requirement for healers to compete. also its obvious you didn't read because i said i was an op,sniper,jugg the only healer in that mix is op in medium armor... not the lightest in the game. running away has its place but 1v1 should not be its place 2v2 tank healer vs dpsx2 shouldnt either. ofcourse i am assuming BW agrees with me on those two points but the current state of the game seems to prove otherwise. i believe it is not intentional though and hope to remedy the problems by providing my input towards what i think the issues are. and possible solutions.

That be the life of the healer... its up to you to let your team know....

my buddy plays a sorc healer... he has an ability that lets him grab an ally and pull him

every time he grabs me out of combat i know he needs help asap.... working with your team Helps

more then a lot of these people like to believe ...