Dead?

Aylisis

No, that seems about right. Sunday afternoon and it's a light load compared to the PVE servers medium.

Ques for anything but the warzones take quite a long time. Ques for Starfighter are non-existent.

We need more people or to merge servers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even the most populated server (Harbinger) is dying. They took too long releasing new warzones and there havent been any mention of any new ops, or making ops less grinding and repetitive and no word on new GSF content even though Rogue One is just around the corner. Robert Iger and Probst need to get together and have a meeting about what is happening here and the missed opportunities. It just sounds like a vacationing executive board (you simply never hear any of their names or input, except for their spokesperson and devs). They're losing insane amounts of potential money and we're losing interest.

The fix of killing pvp and pve servers to avoid casuals fleeing pvp servers away from veteran MMO players who love open world pvp to the safety of restricted pve servers is a measure to stop the exodus, I know, but it is not the solution to the overall problem, which I am sure Jeff Hickman is fully aware. I admit it is rather concerning that Hickman hasn't told Musco to tell us how they plan to solve the dilemma.

2012 hurt this game so bad, it was never able to fully recover from all of the negative reviews and community outrage of the dying servers back then. It took Jeff Hickman an eternity (in gaming time) to bring about f2p and merge servers. Which by the way, notice how people forgot that the servers have been merged before, when they argue that the engine probably wont let them do that. Anyways, it appears Jeff Hickman is repeating the same mistake, in that the solution appears to be too far away and too late to be able to solve anything in a real way. Sure when they merged the servers and brought about f2p it saved the game, but the scars are still there. Many reviewers never even looked back to this very day (ie Angry Joe, Boogie), even after Makeb was released, Galactic Starfighter and Yavin and Rishi were released, the video game review industry has pretty much forgotten us, because of the sluggish response from Jeff's team in 2012. And these were all reviewers who went crazy for SWTOR as soon as they heard it was being made. Their final words on the result ... were final.

Now I'm not signalling out Hickman here. Who knows, he might actually be a behind the scenes workaholic, we don't know, we never hear from him. So one can only imagine what Island the community pictures him being at all the time. I'm almost confident Probst cutting Hickman's team down to size with layoffs awhile back has much to do with it more than anything. But the fired never said a word about it, so we can't blame Probst and EA.

I know the solutions are coming. But they don't appear to be coming fast enough to save our Guilds. Mine has already lost half its core to PVE servers and other games. Some came back to the Bastion saying that those servers are dying too. That running to the Harbinger isn't the solution.

It never was, because its not free to move to another server, not even for founder subscribers who never stopped paying. A dead server means a broken service, that we are paying for. And now on top of this reality of having to pay money to bypass a broken service, a server with no pops (access) to game paid for content. I consider this money owed to the community.

I imagine these type of posts will only increase as the weeks go by and get more ugly. Money is involved. Services are not being rendered. Problems are mounting. Kennedy and Iger need to hop on a plane to Austin and have a private meet with Probst and Hickman. How is Rogue One coming out and there is not even a cricket sound regarding Galactic Starfighter? Not even a *$&%^#*((#@*$@^^%$*#(($(&%*$*&^#&^@ freaking paint module for your starfighter. GET ME GEORGE ON THE PHONE!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

agreed and well said Hiddenpalm...sad but true :(

I love this server but q times are awful and play time is limited as is :(

I hope they find a way to bring people back to the pvp servers or something but as mentioned the pve servers aren't keeping as many players either :(

I have all my characters this server and I feel it isnt even that bad, but what I think should happen is swtor should merge servers into eachother because the game is getting less popular, unless they introduce something awesome that would make everyone want to play it again

The bottom line is the hardcore pvp crowd, like the hardcore pve crowd don't spend the amount of money casual star wars fans do. They want to look cool, have gizmo's, and enjoy an easy to play story they're engulfed in that allows a mild feeling of accomplishment. They've catered to the money. That's why you get new cartel market items on the reg, and a new WZ or Ops at a rate that's stupid. Could they overhaul the engine, redesign a whole new arc reigniting the fight between imperials and republic encouraging open world pvp and rewarding it? Yes. Would people pay money to play that? I think so. Does it make any where near the profit margin of reskinning or remodeling something, and putting it in a lottery draw cartel market pack? I think that answer is no. BW is a business before a game designer. They'll do what's profitable. They know what they have, a brand that sells to a multitude of markets. Make a cool light saber or blaster rifle, a nifty helmet, or large monster mount, make it "exclusive" by the lottery chance, and people will pump quarters into that stupid thing all day until they get it. Essentially it's people gambling real money, for pixels. Costs BW a small fraction of time for a huge payout. Versus, spend a year+, designing a large expansion of multiple planets, operations, and adjusting the entire game to accommodate, costing them several pennies, for a payout that doesn't even scratch the surface of what the CM pulls in profits.

They're definitely leaving money on the table by not actually designing new content, but I don't think the risk vs reward payoff is worth it in their eyes. They know where there bang for the buck lies, it's in the casual player who's going to dump a 100 dollars in cartel market crap before they burn out and move on, until they watch episode 8 next year and decide they want to be luke skywalker again, and drop another 100 bucks.

Edited by thebutthat

• 2 weeks later...
That's why you get new cartel market items on the reg, and a new WZ or Ops at a rate that's stupid. Could they overhaul the engine, redesign a whole new arc reigniting the fight between imperials and republic encouraging open world pvp and rewarding it? Yes. Would people pay money to play that? I think so.

Exactly. The new story is good and all, but my god, why even have factions? Imps working with Pubs? They couldn't come up with something to make tension worse between the two sides? I always wanted a reward system for open world pvp besides just the planet achievements. A while back Gentlemen Gankers challenged us all on The Black Hole, and that **** was *********** legit. Best time I ever had on this server. Nothing has topped that to this day, in terms of fun and exciting.

I've been on this server since the beginning and sadly I'm transfering away because it's really dead. I was playing my JK, trying to finish the story, this past week and I tried to que for PVP and I didn't get a single pop in the total of 6 hours that I played. Even the lowbie pop should be better than that. My lvl 65 toons get some pops but it takes quite awhile sometimes too.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the PvP servers have pretty much become ghost servers. I finally had to just transfer to a PvE server to get more PvP action. I actually get more open world PvP action on the Shadowlands than I did on the Bastion right before I transferred.

If they do a server merge then it would only be fair to give us free character transfers for all our characters so that those PvP players who left the PvP servers looking for more populated servers are able to transfer back to the PvP servers.

• 4 weeks later...
The Bastion seems to be dead for the most part, I was thinking of transferring to another server like the Harbinger but not sure yet.:confused::D

You have until the 5th to transfer for 90cc's after that it will be 1000cc's per character.

Edited by DirtyDiapers

You have until the 6th to transfer for 90cc's after that it will be 1000cc's per character.

Thanks for letting me know!. I don't know if I really wanna transfer to a PvE server but I might!. :):cool:

• 3 months later...
Even the most populated server (Harbinger) is dying. They took too long releasing new warzones and there havent been any mention of any new ops, or making ops less grinding and repetitive and no word on new GSF content even though Rogue One is just around the corner. Robert Iger and Probst need to get together and have a meeting about what is happening here and the missed opportunities. It just sounds like a vacationing executive board (you simply never hear any of their names or input, except for their spokesperson and devs). They're losing insane amounts of potential money and we're losing interest.

The fix of killing pvp and pve servers to avoid casuals fleeing pvp servers away from veteran MMO players who love open world pvp to the safety of restricted pve servers is a measure to stop the exodus, I know, but it is not the solution to the overall problem, which I am sure Jeff Hickman is fully aware. I admit it is rather concerning that Hickman hasn't told Musco to tell us how they plan to solve the dilemma.

2012 hurt this game so bad, it was never able to fully recover from all of the negative reviews and community outrage of the dying servers back then. It took Jeff Hickman an eternity (in gaming time) to bring about f2p and merge servers. Which by the way, notice how people forgot that the servers have been merged before, when they argue that the engine probably wont let them do that. Anyways, it appears Jeff Hickman is repeating the same mistake, in that the solution appears to be too far away and too late to be able to solve anything in a real way. Sure when they merged the servers and brought about f2p it saved the game, but the scars are still there. Many reviewers never even looked back to this very day (ie Angry Joe, Boogie), even after Makeb was released, Galactic Starfighter and Yavin and Rishi were released, the video game review industry has pretty much forgotten us, because of the sluggish response from Jeff's team in 2012. And these were all reviewers who went crazy for SWTOR as soon as they heard it was being made. Their final words on the result ... were final.

Now I'm not signalling out Hickman here. Who knows, he might actually be a behind the scenes workaholic, we don't know, we never hear from him. So one can only imagine what Island the community pictures him being at all the time. I'm almost confident Probst cutting Hickman's team down to size with layoffs awhile back has much to do with it more than anything. But the fired never said a word about it, so we can't blame Probst and EA.

I know the solutions are coming. But they don't appear to be coming fast enough to save our Guilds. Mine has already lost half its core to PVE servers and other games. Some came back to the Bastion saying that those servers are dying too. That running to the Harbinger isn't the solution.

It never was, because its not free to move to another server, not even for founder subscribers who never stopped paying. A dead server means a broken service, that we are paying for. And now on top of this reality of having to pay money to bypass a broken service, a server with no pops (access) to game paid for content. I consider this money owed to the community.

I imagine these type of posts will only increase as the weeks go by and get more ugly. Money is involved. Services are not being rendered. Problems are mounting. Kennedy and Iger need to hop on a plane to Austin and have a private meet with Probst and Hickman. How is Rogue One coming out and there is not even a cricket sound regarding Galactic Starfighter? Not even a *$&%^#*((#@*$@^^%$*#(($(&%*$*&^#&^@ freaking paint module for your starfighter. GET ME GEORGE ON THE PHONE!!!!!

^This. 1000 times, THIS! And to reinforce the points around "taking too long", this post is from March. It is now mid-September and there's still nothing being said or done.

Not to mention, look at all the missed marketing opportunities... Star Wars is as popular (if not, even more so) as it has ever been. New movies coming out every year, merchandise and marketing material are EVERYWHERE.

Take all the populace out there who love online games and LOVE Star Wars and just spend a thimble-full of effort/capital on reminding them that, "Hey... pssst... You might not have known this, but there's this awesome Star Wars MMO!"

or... "Do you love WoW? Do you also love Star Wars? Well, guess what we have for you!!"

It's like they've already resigned to the fact that this game is a failed venture and they are not willing to invest anything in it to allow it to be the juggernaut that it could and should be.

The market is ripe. There's practically free publicity just based on the Star Wars brand... All they have to do is reach out and take it.

And for the love of all that is holy, do SOMETHING in the meantime to at least maintain the subscriber base that you still have!

We LOVE this game! Please don't let it die! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this sucks. I just came back after 18 months away, subbed, and can't have fun because there's no one to play with? You want me to pay another $100 to transfer all of my characters, just so I can PLAY?

Bioware are crazy if they think i'll be subbing or even playing beyond this month. :(

Yeah this sucks. I just came back after 18 months away, subbed, and can't have fun because there's no one to play with? You want me to pay another $100 to transfer all of my characters, just so I can PLAY?

Bioware are crazy if they think i'll be subbing or even playing beyond this month. :(

Me and my buddy are in the same boat. Just came back, really super happy with the game systems and content, doing the dark vs light event on new toons, but outside of me and him, usually we see zero people anywhere. We're on Imp side. We considered transferring toons but I'm not paying for it. So we'll play until we can't get anywhere because no guilds, no other players, then unsub.

Honestly, it would be in their best interests to server merge, and the reasons are obvious. it'll only result in profit anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

The server does seem pretty dead. Typically 10 players per planet that I'm on. It's really of no concern to me because I'm a solo player. I don't do heroics or operations, I hate pvp, and I really am playing just for the story.

That being said, if the server was more populated I wouldn't mind either. Other people would enjoy it more and maybe I would be willing to do heroics once in a while for the XP and loot.

In the end I'm gonna stay here till the server dies completely. I've been on this server since launch and even though I took a long break from the game it's just not worth going through the trouble (or money) to move servers to me.