Getting oneshotted at [SOLO) Flashpoint: The False Emperor @ Prototype A-14 B-16

Solo mode wiped multiple times. read about staying within the blue circles and it worked. however, what wasnt mentioned in the posts I read was that BOTH prototypes will go into an immune state when the blue circle appears. they switch back and forth so you will have to switch your targeting back and forth.

So, to make it a bit easier, keep far to the right as you approach and then rush up toe to toe so that their alternating circles of blue will overlap where you are standing.

Previously did this with jedi toons so toe to toe was preferred and no problem getting through this fight. But now with a gunslinger, firing from range is NOT going to work. (i did kite one for a bit, but ran out of real estate)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had entire parties be one-shotted by those things, regardless of whether or not they were in the blue circle, regardless of what class they/I were playing. I think it's really just a matter of luck more than anything else. I know the only way I've ever been able to complete the flash point (solo or grouping) was to just skip them by stealthing past. Have yet to actually kill them.

• 3 weeks later...

Once the droid triggers the blue circle, make sure you jump while you are inside the radius. Jumping forces the game to register where you are instantly instead of the normal periodic refresh. If you just stand there or walk in, but don't jump, odds are the refresh of your position won't register before the other droid does its one-shot move.

As long as I jump the moment each blue circle appears, no instadeath. Not jumping = usually instadeath.

• 4 weeks later...
I had same problem and i'd like to add to the tips- stay inside the shield yes, but it helps if your companion does too. Choose a melee companion and put him on damage role. This will force him to stay in the shield with you.

Has been like this forever, just saying. Stay in the shield(blue circle) and live, stay outside and die.

Such mechanics, much hard, wow:rolleyes:

Give this game a year from now and people will complain if Dread Council NiM doesn't drop dead the moment you've completed the cutscene...

*reads the whole thread*

Sigh. You're damn right. Too bad BW knows how to 'fix' that which isn't broken way too good, and when they actually fix something for the first time in a while, people get confused at best.

But yes, some in-game tips would be great, I mean, it's bad that staying in circle isn't highlighed in any way as a method to put the boss down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I would also have to say thank you very much for this info. because I was going through this last night and must've gotten my *** kicked at least five times before I quit. Switched from Talos to Khem for my companion and still got wasted, which was messed up since I've beaten this no problem before with my Sith Marauder and had Pierce as my companion. Beat the droids in about five minutes, so BW must've changed something with the recent patch. Will be getting back on this tonight so I can be finished with Ilum, then it's off to Corellia. (Cant stand that planet.)