Shadows and Scoundrels

Marisblood

The duel between those 2 is complicated and the scoundrel start obviously with an advantage (dps one).

Shoot first (8 sec CD) is far better then kik (1 minute), dodge (4 sec) vs resilience (3 sec) is better, recuperate give them HP recovery, they also have Underworld Medicine, Kolto Pack, Diagnostic scan as healing, tendon blast keep the target in place, slow from shadow only slow for 50%.

Scoundrel started as GOD mode class, wich make players believe they get nerfed every single time Bioware try to fix the class, wich is not true ofc. They were good in 1.3 but got rebufed in next patches specaily 1.4. They need NERFS to be fixed proper.

If this game have 2 stelth class then both need to have similarities. I wish kik same as shoot first, i wish slow same as tendon blast, i wish resilience 4 sec like dodge, i wish recuperate, i do not wish healing, but i wish dot talent with instant cast to prevent stelthers vanish without using a CD for that like dodge or resilience. Then it will be a fair balance.

Just think on that, scoundrel is strongest dps class atm in 1v1 duels.:eek:

Edited by Marisblood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any shadow that loses to a scoundrel should consider themselves publicly humiliated. The tabloids should be notified and their shame published across the galaxy. It's not even funny how many advantages shadows have against scoundrels.

Or have I been trolled? I must have been. There's no way this is serious.

Any shadow that loses to a scoundrel should consider themselves publicly humiliated. The tabloids should be notified and their shame published across the galaxy. It's not even funny how many advantages shadows have against scoundrels.

Or have I been trolled? I must have been. There's no way this is serious.

You should read first the topic before posting, Mr. Scoundrel.

I have scoundrel and shadow and i know both classes.

I also know who is stronger.

DPS tree, i know ppl make confusion with shadow tanks, so it is about dps tree only.

Your claims are only partly true. A duel between shadow and Scoudnrel should yield shadow the winner 80% of the time.

Scoundrel may have an advantage to start but since both are stealth and the hybrid specs in shadow is just as stealthy, yuo lose this adantage. Shoot first requires you to be behind the target. If you are find the shadow first, AND getting behind them for a shoot first, that shadow is horrible anyway and you will win.

Further more, 25% debuff, far better energy management and sustained dps combined with back loaded heavy damage (ie. maul + assasinate) will destroy a scoundrel.

Also, shoot first fills 3x more resolve then the shadow's down down. Shadows, if spec'd right, can do knock down, 4s stun and 8s whirlwin but scoundrels can only do two before the resolve is full.

Never mind, resilience, sprint, CC immunity, pull and heals WHILE doing good damage.

I have both as well and the scoundrel brings nothing unique to table. They did before with the burst, and now their burst is just meh. By that, I mean, it's there but not good enough to make a difference.

And like the other poster said, if you are a shadow and you are losing to scoundrels/ops that are equally geared, then you are just a horrible shadow.

The duel between those 2 is complicated and the scoundrel start obviously with an advantage (dps one).

Shoot first (8 sec CD) is far better then kik (1 minute), dodge (4 sec) vs resilience (3 sec) is better, recuperate give them HP recovery, they also have Underworld Medicine, Kolto Pack, Diagnostic scan as healing, tendon blast keep the target in place, slow from shadow only slow for 50%.

Scoundrel started as GOD mode class, wich make players believe they get nerfed every single time Bioware try to fix the class, wich is not true ofc. They were good in 1.3 but got rebufed in next patches specaily 1.4. They need NERFS to be fixed proper.

If this game have 2 stelth class then both need to have similarities. I wish kik same as shoot first, i wish slow same as tendon blast, i wish resilience 4 sec like dodge, i wish recuperate, i do not wish healing, but i wish dot talent with instant cast to prevent stelthers vanish without using a CD for that like dodge or resilience. Then it will be a fair balance.

I have a hard time following a few posts in this thread. It's like a foreign language to me.

That being said; I think I can make out that the answer is to nerf operatives.

Oh. And buff assassins while you are at it. They need more abilities please.

I have a hard time following a few posts in this thread. It's like a foreign language to me.

That being said; I think I can make out that the answer is to nerf operatives.

Oh. And buff assassins while you are at it. They need more abilities please.

Shadows/Sins are in good place, all they are missing is Force Charge, Undying Rage and probably triple the damage of Spike and make Duplicity a passive skill for spending 3 points into deception tree.

You should read first the topic before posting, Mr. Scoundrel.

I have scoundrel and shadow and i know both classes.

I also know who is stronger.

DPS tree, i know ppl make confusion with shadow tanks, so it is about dps tree only.

Scoundrel's are NOT the top DPS class to even suggest it shows a serious lack of knowledge of other classes, they have a great opener from stealth but anybody that knows the class will have a good chance of to defeating it. My watchman would smoke your scoundrel. I bet some of my shadow friends would also.

Dueling is one thing, but overall useful dps in an ops situation is somethign else entirly.

Since its the pvp forum, Shadows > Scoundrels in pvp mainly due to their energy management systems.

Have any shadows gone against a dirty fighting scoundrel?

I play both Shadows and Ops/Scoundrels in PvP, and have done so since release.

I often try and understand the point of view of a poster. But in this case, the OP is just so wrong in so many areas that I have trouble believing that he is not a troll. He might also be the worst Shadow on his server, which would explain his entire post.

Scoundrels have better burst DPS in the first second of the fight and then again if they pop Disappearing Act. For the rest of the fight, however, Sins/Shadows of basically any spec have comparable burst damage. And as for SUSTAINED damage, Sins/Shadows are the resounding winners no matter what they spec into.

Let's start with the stuff that you got right. Ops do have heals! It's true! This is literally the only edge that this class has over Sins/Shadows in PvP, and I am glad we have it. Ops also have a snare off of Tendon Blast, but Shadows can spec into BOTH Subduing Technique and Humbling Strike for additional slows that Ops do not have access to period. Or they can spec into Balance for an additional 2 second stun off of Force Lift (Containment) or a snare off of Sever Force.

Up until now I thought you were just misinformed. Then I saw you compare Evasion to Resilience.

Resilience/Force Shroud is probably the best PvP CD in the game. It is not even remotely similar to Evasion. The only thing that the two have in common is a momentary cleansing of all negative effects.

But the similarities stop there. Evasion just grants immunity to melee and ranged attacks, i.e. swinging a lightsaber or pewpewing a blaster. Resilience grants a Shadow 100% immunity to every single tech and force ability in the game. You can't reapply DOTs. You can't reapply debuffs. You can't stun them. You can't snare them. And god forbid that the Shadow specs it, granting 5 seconds of immunity instead of just 3.

Even combined, all of the scoundrels defensive CDs (all 2 of them) do not even come close to Resilience and Shroud.

Scoundrel DPS is currently better than Commando/Merc, better than Sorc/Sage (in the hands of a good player), and worse than literally everything else. In terms of survivability, they are the second squishiest after Sorcs/Sages (who at least get Bubble and Speed and Whirlwind/Lift). This is unquestionable in PvE, where virtually every parse since June has shown Scoundrels/Ops lagging behind every other DPS class. The parses are less reliable in PvP, but it is still clear that they lag behind almost every other AC.

Those "balances" prove that you have no idea what you are talking about. Those changes would make Shadows/Sins the most outrageously OP class in PvP. Worse than Smashers and worse than Bubblestunners. There would be literally no reason to play a DPS Scoundrel/Op if you instituted those hilarious "balances", because Sins/Shadows would have higher burst, higher sustained, better survivability, AND better PvP utility.

I normally try to stay levelheaded on this forum (a feat), but people like you really bring down the boards.

Edited by ktkenshinx

you have obviously never played the game bc you are totaly wrong. i rolled a scoundrel first and they suck. shock(not sure the mirror name) which in a certain hybrid i like to roll has a 6 sec cd and i have hit for 6k. The most i have ever hit for on shoot first is 4k and dont forget that u have to be in stealth and behind the target to use it plus maybe scoundrels have heals but shadows dont have to cast there tank cds.

Edited by Sir_Galapagos

Is this... a nerf operatives thread?

If so, well done.

That is my point. But ppl dont get it. They dream things that i did not say. I never spoked about me dueling any scoundrel and what happened after. :D

In my guild, one of the top PVP guild we do tournements and guess what? Operatives win them all. 1v1 fights. I have no problem to kill also any clas with my scoundrel. They simply die fast. I kill PT/Sins/Sorcs/Mercs/Snipers....all of them easy mode. Same happen when i play my shadow.

Is the class for medium skilled players. Not me. Or my duels. :D

you have obviously never played the game bc you are totaly wrong. i rolled a scoundrel first and they suck. shock(not sure the mirror name) which in a certain hybrid i like to roll has a 6 sec cd and i have hit for 6k. The most i have ever hit for on shoot first is 4k and dont forget that u have to be in stealth and behind the target to use it plus maybe scoundrels have heals but shadows dont have to cast there tank cds.

I hit 7k with shoot first. You do something wrong.

I also hit 7k with my shadow. 666 power tell u everithing maybe.

PS: My shadow is a sin, my operative is a scoundrel, but my sin is shadow too. Gues who?:o