What significance is valor rank?

Chiricahua

it does... -.- learn the game before you start making flame threads...

....What? Read the title Mr.Righteous. This is him trying to learn the game. I actually have the exact same question. What does Valor do? How do we get the Champion and Battle Master gear? How do we get Champion commendations or whatever they are called.

These things aren't exactly explained in-game clearly.

So I say to you, learn how to read before you start making flame posts....

....What? Read the title Mr.Righteous. This is him trying to learn the game. I actually have the exact same question. What does Valor do? How do we get the Champion and Battle Master gear? How do we get Champion commendations or whatever they are called.

These things aren't exactly explained in-game clearly.

So I say to you, learn how to read before you start making flame posts....

you get champion commendations in the rank 60 valor bag you get from the pvp daily / weekly, which comes with a chance for the battle masters drops in it i believe is right.

it does... -.- learn the game before you start making flame threads...

stop being a smart ***. he is obviously posting this question because he is trying to learn the game.

Next time you see thread with a question about the game in the title, think twice about wasting your time posting a stupid comment.

Sorry OP, I dont have the answer for your question. I came into the thread hoping to find out, because I was wondering this myself.

Yea you can choose that bag instead once you hit rank 60.

I see... Very interesting. What about the higher grade stuff? Example:

There is the Champion stuff, then Battle Master, then something else... I don't know if the ranks are correct but there are 3 tiers I think?

Does the Valor Rank go passed 60 or something?

I see... Very interesting. What about the higher grade stuff? Example:

There is the Champion stuff, then Battle Master, then something else... I don't know if the ranks are correct but there are 3 tiers I think?

Does the Valor Rank go passed 60 or something?

no there's 3 teirs but the one your thinking of is the lowest and the normal bag you get comes with commendations to buy it, centurion i believe its name is.

Thank you guys. This has been very educational, and now I can pass this information on to my guild and other players in-game.

From the above provided link:

"Now, some quick facts about the tier items and commendations:

For each epic PvP tier besides the first tier (Centurion), you have the choice of buying the items with commendations such as

Champion Commendations, or with tokens such as

Unassembled Champion Frontline Force Mainhand Weapon

The reason why you cannot get Unassembled pieces for Centurion are because the boxes for that tier do not exist. In order to get the

Centurion Commendations you have to purchase

Champion Gear Bags and get them from there.

The unassembled pieces you get are completely random and you can get duplicates. With the unassembled pieces you get to pick what item to buy that corresponds to the piece you get (such as a DPS weapon or a tank weapon depending on your preference)

The gear bags are unique, meaning you can only have one in your inventory at a time.

You can buy the

Champion Gear Bags before level 50, but you cannot open them until you are level 50. They are also unique so you can only hold onto one at a time.

You must be level 50 and Valor rank 60 to open the

Battlemaster Gear Bags

The bags either give you 3 commendations from the previous tier, or 1 commendation from the previous tier and an unassembled item equal to the tier of the bag. For example, if you attain a

Champion Gear Bag, you will either get 3

Centurion Commendations or an Unassembled Champion piece that can be used to turn in for an actual Champion tier item, such as

Champion Vindicator’s Headgear

It costs 200

Warzone Commendations and 200 Mercenary Commendations to buy a

Champion Gear Bag from the PvP vendor (located in the fleet hub, next to the PvP terminals)

You also get the boxes from Warzone Dailies/Weeklies and Ilum Dailies/Weeklies

You can only get

Battlemaster Gear Bags from the Warzone and Ilum Dailies/Weeklies. You can’t use them unless you are valor 60. You cannot buy these like you can the

Champion Gear Bags.

I understand this is probably getting confusing, so I will try to simplify it. This is the strategy I use to acquire the gear. I went right for the bags and didn’t bother buying any blue pieces.

Assuming you are level 50:

Save up 800

Warzone Commendations. You can get these from completing Warzones.

Go to the PvP vendor, either in a Warzone or on the Fleet. Use 600 of your Warzone Commendations to purchase 200

Mercenary Commendations

(Note: You can also roam around Outlaw’s Den on Tatooine to get

Mercenary Commendations from chests in the zone)

After you have 200

Warzone Commendations and 200

Mercenary Commendations you can buy a

Champion Gear Bag

Now that you have your first box. Open it up! You’ll either get 3

Centurion Commendations or 1

Centurion Commendation and an Unassembled Champion Piece.

Now you can start gearing up. Use the

Centurion Commendations to buy pieces you need or want as soon as possible, and hope you get lucky and get some Champion pieces.

I personally used my

Centurion Commendations to replace poor pieces of gear I had such as low level greens first, and relied on luck to replace the gear I had that wasn’t terrible (Such as orange modifiable items with epic mods)

You also get either

Champion Gear Bags or

Battlemaster Gear Bags from Warzone and Ilum weeklies/dailies.

After you get to valor rank 60, you can start picking the

Battlemaster Gear Bags from the Warzone and Ilum PvP dailies/weeklies and repeat the above process except with

Champion Commendations and Battlemaster Unassembled pieces.

I hope this helps, and good luck gearing up for PvP!"