Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.03.2017 , 11:02 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

As I mentioned earlier this week, we have quite a few changes planned for gearing over the next few Updates. Let’s go over what they are, when they are happening, and why!

Game Update 5.1.1 – Coming February 7th
  • All Command Experience Points (CXP) gains, CXP Boosts, and CXP Legacy Perks are now additive instead of multiplicative.
    • This change is being made to setup for the greatly increased CXP gains that are possible in 5.1.1 (if you love math click the spoiler tag below for what this means in greater detail)
  • New CXP leveling event. This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.
    • The goal is that you will earn one crate every 30 minutes or less. The 30 minute time-frame is for a Tier 3 crate (meaning 1 and 2 will be even faster).
  • All CXP Packs that you earn from drops and Missions are now Bind on Legacy.
    • This change is to help a player distribute CXP around their Legacy if they choose to do so.
  • We are introducing a new 100% CXP boost in addition to the existing 15% and 25% boosts. This boost can be purchased from the Command Token vendor or the Cartel Market. This boost only works up to Command Rank 180 and lasts 2 hours (Command Tokens) or 3 hours (Cartel Market).
    • The goal of selling this boost for Command Tokens is that it allows higher Command Rank players to use their Tokens to greatly accelerate leveling their alts (you can also buy them on the CM or GTN).

Game Update 5.1.2 – Coming February 28th
  • We will be rebalancing the CXP rewards you earn from Operations. Boss kills will now award more CXP than they did previously. The Operations Weekly has had its CXP reward greatly increased.
    • Operations CXP rewards are below where we would like them to be and so we are increasing their CXP value from both gameplay and Missions.
  • Group Finder Daily CXP Rewards are being added. Completing the Daily Group Finder Bonus will award you with a bonus CXP Pack.
    • We wanted to ensure there were great CXP incentives to participating in Group Finder. By making it a CXP Pack it has the added bonus of being Bind on Legacy so you can use it on whatever character you would like.
  • The completion Mission for Flashpoints have had their CXP values greatly increased.
    • Flashpoint CXP rewards are also below where we would like them be to and so we have added a much larger CXP bonus for completing their respective Missions.
  • The Flashpoint and Uprising Weekly Missions have had their CXP rewards increased.
    • Our goal is to really encourage players to play multiple types of content for the best rewards. We want to encourage playing a diverse set of content, not a singular activity (although you can always still do that if you prefer)
  • The PvP Daily and Weekly Missions now reward a batch of Unassembled Components.
    • This is one of the changes we are making to help players in getting Unassembled Components faster. It also incentivizes dabbling into PvP often.
  • We have increased the Unassembled Components that are awarded to players after completing Ranked and Unranked Warzones.
    • Not only did we want to reward playing Warzones through Missions, but we also wanted to ensure that those of you who play primarily Warzones each day could work towards purchasing gear quicker.

In the future
  • Unassembled Components and Legacy. We understand your Legacy is important to you and we agree with that, we are looking at ways to address that in the future.

These are all of the changes you can expect in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 for Galactic Command. As you can see there is a lot happening and we want to hear what you think. As we go through these updates we will continue to monitor feedback and data to see what other adjustments may need to be made!

-eric

Spoiler
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SlthBounteHuntah
02.03.2017 , 11:06 AM | #2
Thank you for this information. But what about what's in the crates? I don't care to get a crate every thirty minutes if it's filled with useless items, like the past 20+ crates I've opened. I'm not going to stay subscribed for that kind of system.

Again, thank you for the information but you need to address the crates themselves.

I'll buy no more Cartel Coins, no more subscriptions.

#RemoveRNG

TUXs
02.03.2017 , 11:09 AM | #3
Nothing in this addresses RNG gear or the quality of the boxes Eric...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Jmenks
02.03.2017 , 11:10 AM | #4
Not bad, but can you guys please put back reg arena CXP to the old way. Why punish players where they have no way to choose what gametype they want in pvp.

I also got 2 arenas yesterday that gave us literally 0 CXP and 0 components as well. Might want to look into that.

Edit: Please do better with legacy, can't gear at all on ALTS unless I play 8+ hrs a day.

Saber of Exar Kun

BelenUmeria
02.03.2017 , 11:11 AM | #5
Your solution is to make the grind faster without fixing a single RNG issue. How does this help the people getting 100s of crates and no actual gear.

The second part of your solution is to make us PURCHASE with real money a way to make the grind faster.

You are not actually fixing anything.

I am glad my sub is ending in a few months. You are not offering any reason to play the game.

SeKaNoBaka
02.03.2017 , 11:11 AM | #6
And what about GSF? PVP changes in unassembled components hits GSF daily&weekly&fight rewards or they stay unchanged?

Talon_strikes
02.03.2017 , 11:12 AM | #7
Any plans on making CXP leveling legacy-wide?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Game Update 5.1.1 Coming February 7th
  • All CXP Packs that you earn from drops and Missions are now Bind on Legacy.
    • This change is to help a player distribute CXP around their Legacy if they choose to do so.
  • We are introducing a new 100% CXP boost in addition to the existing 15% and 25% boosts. This boost can be purchased from the Command Token vendor or the Cartel Market. This boost only works up to Command Rank 180 and lasts 2 hours (Command Tokens) or 3 hours (Cartel Market).
    • The goal of selling this boost for Command Tokens is that it allows higher Command Rank players to use their Tokens to greatly accelerate leveling their alts (you can also buy them on the CM or GTN).
I'd just rather have CXP leveling be legacy-wide and that's it. All of this just makes the system more convoluted than it already is. It's such a headache to keep up with how GC works.

And at first glance most of the other changes look positive, but in actuality are eh are best. Please address these two major concerns:
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Nothing in this addresses RNG gear or the quality of the boxes Eric...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jmenks View Post
Not bad, but can you guys please put back reg arena CXP to the old way. Why punish players where they have no way to choose what gametype they want in pvp.

I also got 2 arenas yesterday that gave us literally 0 CXP and 0 components as well. Might want to look into that.

Edit: Please do better with legacy, can't gear at all on ALTS unless I play 8+ hrs a day.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Tsillah
02.03.2017 , 11:13 AM | #8
Disclaimer: I still do not like the set up of GC as far as RNG gearing is concerned and wish it wasn't there at all.

Having said that, in the context of GC these changes are positive changes in my view and so I am happy with them in that context.

Still hope you'll address what drops from the crates.
Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Gratuitous display of referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB Use it for some goodies or don't

Rankyn
02.03.2017 , 11:16 AM | #9
What about heroics and chapters?
Seriously, just un-do the elite nerf and that'll fix a lot of the problem there.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

Jerba
02.03.2017 , 11:17 AM | #10
Sadly, Components remain restricted to PvP. I have to get over 1000 additional components to upgrade all my tokens to 242 gear, and I don't enjoy PvP too much, GSF even less. There were many suggestions to have components drop from flashpoints and uprisings to give PvE players a way to upgrade their gear (because seriously, 242 only dropping from NiM bosses is a joke, only a handful guilds can kill NiM endbosses), but you ignored them.

So I guess I have to continue queueing for PvP, and even when I'm sick and tired of PvP for the day, it's not enough, so I'll just put in the least effort and go AFK when it's clear we'll lose the match, anything to continue earning components. I hate letting the teammates down, but at this point, the frustration from the grind is bigger than any backlash I'd get from other players, which is entirely the devs' fault for designing such a flawed system.

Having components drop from the daily/weekly quest is a welcoming change but I doubt it will make much of a difference; I have to play like 5x times as many warzones per day as are required by the daily. For the daily/weekly quests to make a difference, the daily would have to drop 30+ components and the weekly 150+. We'll see by how much the Components per match get increased, but going by the CXP changes it will probably only be a 50% increase at most, which is not nearly enough, and February 28 is too late anyway.