1.1.3 Patch Notes are out - Still no Soa fix.

BW, if you are unaware of the massive QQing in the Flashpoint and Ops forums allow me to inform you here that Soa's final phase was changed in 1.1.2. Soa now randomly drops aggro from the main tank in the final stage when the tank is trying to drag him under the pillars to remove his shield and this has made the fight extremely unmanageable. We still have no official word from the Devs on this matter if it was intentional or inadvertent.

Here is a link directly one of the most documented threads of this issue:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=280476

If this is a bug, then this is a pretty big bug that makes this fight almost impossible to do and should be addressed with a sense of urgency before guilds miss out on weeks of not being able to do Soa. Please respond to us in one form or another confirming or denying that it is a bug, and if it is please get a fix into your 1.1.3 patch before it goes live.

Edited by DimeStax

SOA is very kill-able still I find the mind trap/grip to be more of an issue. If he switches phases while someone is trapped/gripped or does it right as the phase switches, they get thrown into a black hole and miss the fight and loot.

SOA is very kill-able still I find the mind trap/grip to be more of an issue. If he switches phases while someone is trapped/gripped or does it right as the phase switches, they get thrown into a black hole and miss the fight and loot.

How is he "very kill-able" if it comes down to shear luck. What is your workaround?

I'm fairly certain that his threat drops aren't random. He drops threat every time he throws someone in a Mind Trap. Just taunt him again after each Mind Trap.

Is this extremely annoying? Yes. But so are the tons of other bugs and issues Bioware refuses to fix that you just have to adjust to.

I'm fairly certain that his threat drops aren't random. He drops threat every time he throws someone in a Mind Trap. Just taunt him again after each Mind Trap.

Is this extremely annoying? Yes. But so are the tons of other bugs and issues Bioware refuses to fix that you just have to adjust to.

Are you 100% certain of this? There have been reports saying it has nothing to do with the mind traps.

Save your taunts as you should be doing, damage should be on mind traps until his shield is down, and your tank should be guarding your highest geared healer.

Save the taunts for when? The tank needs to be dragging him toward a Pylon as soon as it spawns, if he resets aggro during that time and chases a DPS then you miss the shot.

They dont think raiders count so raids are on the back burner, when all the raiders abandon ship and everyone else follows they will realize too late that they should have worked on it.

Its happened many many times in many different games, if they had mmo esperience or just did their research they would realize it. It doesnt even take that much research, rift just did it a few months ago and now they are falling all over themselves trying to get their raiders back.

Hi folks,

We have escalated the threads that have already been posting about the subject up to the appropriate team, however we are moving this out of the PTS forum at this time. We hear your concern, however The PTS forum is specifically for discussion of changes that are in the patch notes or your experience of the new content on the test server. Thanks for your understanding in this matter. There is a running thread on player's experiences with SOA since the most recent patch here.

Hi folks,

We have escalated the threads that have already been posting about the subject up to the appropriate team, however we are moving this out of the PTS forum at this time. We hear your concern, however The PTS forum is specifically for discussion of changes that are in the patch notes or your experience of the new content on the test server. Thanks for your understanding in this matter. There is a running thread on player's experiences with SOA since the most recent patch here.

Thank you for acknowledging this.

Im not sure you have actually ran him this week since the change. I taunted him to make him stay on me. The taunt is supposed to force him to attack me for 6 secs. He turned around 2 secs later and went after someone all the way across the room and we missed our chance at the pylon. Happened 2 more times, we ended up missing so many that he enraged, but since it was just on normal and everyone was being careful my group was still able to down him. If this bug had occured on Hard or NM mode it would have been gameover. Its broken. Dont try to justify that it is working by design.