Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Defender of the Empire: Power Play (Bonus) bug 4.0.3a

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Defender of the Empire: Power Play (Bonus) bug 4.0.3a

CySop
12.11.2015 , 03:21 AM | #1
So, I finally decide to finish my Sniper; get to the end of Chapter 1, and I'm all set... Then, I start the Power Play bonus, to sabotage various components on the ship, and even though I did them all, the "Midship power relay" show incomplete. I do not want to just move forward with the primary mission, so I try a little of everything; I leave, I leave the sector of space, I go to another planet, then I go to Tantooine, and still cannot reset the mission. I logout, log back in, I try everything I can find, and no joy.

So, I open a ticket today, and we'll see if I can continue.

I know there has been other bugs with the fight with Darth Jadus, but I haven't even gotten that far to see if I get that specific bug...

Thoughts / ideas?
Semper Fi
MGySgt of The Broken Dagger

“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”

CySop
12.11.2015 , 07:44 PM | #2
Well, here's what I got back from my ticket...

"This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service."

And then:

"...we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service."

So, Customer Service cannot enter a Bug Report for me based on my ticket? Let me get this straight, it's broke, you know it, and now you ask the customer to do more work to put in a bug report for you?

So, there ya go. Broke, do not pass Go, do not collect $500 dollars... Now, can't move forward, until it gets fixed someday. And I have been a sub since the Beta...
Semper Fi
MGySgt of The Broken Dagger

“Reveal to us the metal of thy character; suffer the courage of thy convictions.”

vlkntnyldzz
12.13.2015 , 03:31 AM | #3
I wonder when they're gonna fix it..

Gzerro
01.01.2016 , 07:18 PM | #4
Just ran into this today. Still broken, at least for me.
http://www.swtor.com/r/PxCWmY for new subscriber goodies.

RodoggJedi
01.06.2016 , 02:11 PM | #5
Having same bug too. I hate it when they make it a 'must be patched' bug.

Soultranna
01.10.2016 , 05:42 PM | #6
The Jadus encounter at the end of Act I has been bugged (in some form or another) since launch. My first agent got to deal with invisible floors and objects on the bridge of his ship (making him untargetable unless you were up close) which made life as a sniper... "difficult".

You would think that with this specific encounter's track record with bugs, someone at Bioware or EA would be saying "No more bugs in Class Story Chapter Endings". Doubly so when they push for 12x XP and getting people leveled quickly by means of class quests only.

Oh yes. let's not forget, legendary achievement = every player must level up an Agent, and thus must go thru this encounter. In other words, before it was only those interested in playing Agents, now it's practically every player who gets exposed to Glaring Bugs In The Production Code.

I suppose since this is a quote bonus quest unquote it's not on the Quality Control people's radar.

It SHOULD BE.
"If you'll excuse me, I have to create a hangover to nurse." - Gault Rennow

Just another person behind a keyboard escaping reality for a while.

Aeneas_Falco
01.28.2016 , 09:33 AM | #7
Still bugged.

I ran into this today.

Quality Bioware product.

sumquy
01.28.2016 , 12:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by vlkntnyldzz View Post
I wonder when they're gonna fix it..
hahahahahahahahahahaha.

the day after they fix the other million bugs that have been in this game since launch maybe.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

DanielMeier
02.01.2016 , 03:04 PM | #9
Still bugged, having that dumb bug right now.

TheAncientPast
02.06.2016 , 06:35 AM | #10
*********** **** ... still bugged, not yet resolved ... hopefully Star Citizen will released soon so I can leave this bug feast.