Legacy Perks Swindling

Sunni

Legacy Perks is such a scam it would make Bernie Madoff proud. Up til now most legacy unlocks have been legacy wide. Basically you buy it once and it unlocks for all your characters. It's a system that worked really well and I like most people have gotten use to it.

With 1.3 BW decides that all Legacy Perks only unlocks for the character that purchases it. Whats the purpose of it all if you have a lot of alts? BW even admitted that its difficult to earn just a million credits. Yet they make a system that requires you to earn multiple millions of credits to fully enjoy the perks.

I thought Legacy Perks was a great idea until I read the small print. What a scam...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legacy Perks is such a scam it would make Bernie Madoff proud. Up til now most legacy unlocks have been legacy wide. Basically you buy it once and it unlocks for all your characters. It's a system that worked really well and I like most people have gotten use to it.

With 1.3 BW decides that all Legacy Perks only unlocks for the character that purchases it. Whats the purpose of it all if you have a lot of alts? BW even admitted that its difficult to earn just a million credits. Yet they make a system that requires you to earn multiple millions of credits to fully enjoy the perks.

I thought Legacy Perks was a great idea until I read the small print. What a scam...

I bet you never sensationalize things much. :rolleyes:

Regardless. They are PERKS. Something EXTRA to be enjoyed. They are an option and not a necessity. So yes, if you want to experience all the bonuses, it will cost you.

its a huge money sink, looks like bioware have sent SW:TOR to the grave.

1.3 is a very minor content update, a LFG tool thats extremely limited and broken, more bugs and a huge money sink.

good luck getting those 6 month subs to resubscribe.

1.3 is a very minor content update, a LFG tool thats extremely limited and broken, more bugs and a huge money sink.

LOL. Yes, you could use in game credits to get the legacy perk or real soon now, hyou can use $US to unlock them. Come on man don't you see where we are headed?

I agree, it is a complete joke the new stuff. If i want the stuff i would like to get to my alts, i would need to send them 1+M... for each for them. I got 5 chars in total, 1 is level 50, so only wanted the craft critical with him. 2 i could go without the xp boost. And then there is my char of the opposin faction, that i proberly cant sent to either, so he cant benifit from this.... This have barely anything to do with legacy, only to unlock it for each char. If this is how they will do things, i cant see this game last.... what a complete joke.

I agree, it is a complete joke the new stuff. If i want the stuff i would like to get to my alts, i would need to send them 1+M... for each for them. I got 5 chars in total, 1 is level 50, so only wanted the craft critical with him. 2 i could go without the xp boost. And then there is my char of the opposin faction, that i proberly cant sent to either, so he cant benifit from this.... This have barely anything to do with legacy, only to unlock it for each char. If this is how they will do things, i cant see this game last.... what a complete joke.

Ok. the previous items released are Legacy Perks, Legacy Wide.

The New stuff are Character Perks, unlock for just that character.

AND you can mail to your own legacy across factions. I do it all the time. Most of the new character perks are only useful for the leveling process, and most of them are far from even necessary, they are just convenience/quality of life stuff.

It is a massive credit sink. :(

The new "legacy" perks are freaking ********! The whole point of the Legacy system was to make your characters feel like they are all related in some way, well these new perks blow that all the way to hell. Being for only the character they are bought for is a loud of crap, and people who assumed they were like all the other legacy things (like me), just got screwed out of a bunch of credits. The first thing I did when I logged into my level 50 Marauder was buy all the dungeon exp perks because I plan to live in dungeons on my alts, then I see that it is character only unlocks when I hit my guild's forums, well there goes 275k..

I'm at work so I can't test the game myself. Are you telling these perks needs to be bought? Like all the rest of the pretty useless Legacy junk? And they don't unlock for all characters? ***, really? How disapointing. This stuff is so underwhelming it's nearly microscopic at this point... Why not make it much like a talent tree? You gain spendable points as you level up your Legacy, so the more you play your characters the more you get perks and make your life much easier in the process. Would make more flippin' sense. Instead we get another money sink... 'Cause you know, I already can't afford any of this stuff, so adding more on top of it is just adding insult to injury. And it's pretty frustrating to see that anytime there's new 'content' it's stuff I won't be able to benefit from in a short amount of time but rather in months from here...

It is a massive credit sink. :(

So you spend credits to gain a bonus. What's new?

And for everyone who complains about "we don't need more credit sinks," they're giving you more options for you to spend your credits, so there's a higher chance you'll encounter something you REALLY want to buy. More options is a good thing, not a bad thing :p

... Why not make it much like a talent tree? You gain spendable points as you level up your Legacy, so the more you play your characters the more you get perks and make your life much easier in the process. ...

I really like this idea. Use credits on the GTN, repair bills, crafting, and other things; and use Legacy Points on, well, legacy.

I just did the math, and it seems i will need to use 3.69 million credits, to get the stuff i want... that wont leave much for augmentation cost.... 570 credits less, if i cant send to my republic char (which i have been parly forced to make, if i want the future companion), which i assume they havent change..... *sigh* ... such a bad implementation...

GG Bioware.... GG.

First you're all like "Legacy Perks, OMG, you need them so bad and they're so cool" but then you fail to mention that they have completely nothing to do with the legacy system except requiring a certain level of it to unlock them.

Isn't the whole point of the Legacy system to actually SHARE it with all your characters ?

I am very dissappointed with this.

Posts acting all surprised about how these character perks work make me :rolleyes:

On the fleet this morning everyone was asking questions about 1.3 that any avid player had read about 3 weeks ago.

As someone said: "80% of people didn't read the patch notes, 20% are rapidly reverse engineering."

If you have such a problem with the new character perks, you should have gave your feedback on the test server (I know many people did, but "I'm surprised" posts show your ignorance to the process).

Legacy stuff is ALL just extra fluff. How much benefit for leveling do you actually get if you're getting 30% extra bonus from your class missions? That requires a high legacy level and 250k credits on your character. And it increases your overall leveling speed by...5%? If you're lucky?

GG Bioware.... GG.

First you're all like "Legacy Perks, OMG, you need them so bad and they're so cool" but then you fail to mention that they have completely nothing to do with the legacy system except requiring a certain level of it to unlock them.

Isn't the whole point of the Legacy system to actually SHARE it with all your characters ?

I am very dissappointed with this.

Did no one read the comming soon tab on the legacy menu? It's been there since 1.2 and they all stated that they were character only perks. People need to read and do a little research, in fact you didn't need to do research cause it was on the legacy menus the whole time. Why is this a surprise?

I'm at work so I can't test the game myself. Are you telling these perks needs to be bought? Like all the rest of the pretty useless Legacy junk? And they don't unlock for all characters? ***, really? How disapointing. This stuff is so underwhelming it's nearly microscopic at this point... Why not make it much like a talent tree? You gain spendable points as you level up your Legacy, so the more you play your characters the more you get perks and make your life much easier in the process. Would make more flippin' sense. Instead we get another money sink... 'Cause you know, I already can't afford any of this stuff, so adding more on top of it is just adding insult to injury. And it's pretty frustrating to see that anytime there's new 'content' it's stuff I won't be able to benefit from in a short amount of time but rather in months from here...

Agreed about making it like a talent tree and getting points from legacy levels. Turning it into a money sink is lame, but making them per character instead of account wide is just insulting.

The new "legacy" perks are freaking ********! The whole point of the Legacy system was to make your characters feel like they are all related in some way, well these new perks blow that all the way to hell. Being for only the character they are bought for is a loud of crap, and people who assumed they were like all the other legacy things (like me), just got screwed out of a bunch of credits. The first thing I did when I logged into my level 50 Marauder was buy all the dungeon exp perks because I plan to live in dungeons on my alts, then I see that it is character only unlocks when I hit my guild's forums, well there goes 275k..

i did the sam on my jugg so i sent a ticket to bioware, they could have told us these things during the in depth on it but nooooooo

I hate BW for forcing us to do all this stuff!!!!

Oh wait, they're not. Optional stuff is optional.

Nobody is forcing you to get this. No body is forcing you to get the new companion.

If you want one of these options, this is how it is being done.

Suck it up or don't.

I bet you never sensationalize things much. :rolleyes:

Regardless. They are PERKS. Something EXTRA to be enjoyed. They are an option and not a necessity. So yes, if you want to experience all the bonuses, it will cost you.

It's abunch of quality of life benefits, emotes, and other worthless things that should really come right out of the game box, sorry, but it's a time sink.

This game is nothing but a credit treadmill, it's nothing more than a cycle of farming the same three daily hubs every time they rush out a fresh batch of credit sinks for us to spend our nights grinding away BH and belsavis and Ilum just to have the benefit of making the game a TINY bit less frustrating.

Sorry, you can claim they are additions, or they are perks, but in my book the reality is that this game has no meaningful content, and to keep people playing, they are simply pushing out more credit sinks to make you repeat the daily grind over and over and over again.

Spin it however you want, legacy is nothing but a hamster wheel designed to keep you grinding the same boring daily hubs, your ability to enjoy something so mind numbing and repetitive doesn't have anything to do with what it actually is.

Edited by Celebrus