Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Deception Assassin / Shadow changes 6.1.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deception Assassin / Shadow changes 6.1.1

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
03.06.2020 , 12:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
I really hope you’re right trixxie, however it seems like they’re neutering us again. I really don’t understand how the term “glass cannon” is so hard to comprehend. High burst/ low survivability, not medium burst and decent sustained if you can stay alive long enough. We’ll see how it plays out.
Sins are not glass cannons at all. They have excellent survivability thanks to double cloak heal to fulls (and being able to choose when to attack from stealth each time they decide to engage) and being able to swap to life warden whenever they want to.

That survivability is unchanged. Now they just can't maul spam someone three times for 70% of their hp.

UltraFlashStar's Avatar


UltraFlashStar
03.06.2020 , 12:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
I really hope you’re right trixxie, however it seems like they’re neutering us again. I really don’t understand how the term “glass cannon” is so hard to comprehend. High burst/ low survivability, not medium burst and decent sustained if you can stay alive long enough. We’ll see how it plays out.
5.0 Vanguard was a glass cannon, 6.0 Shadow is not.
Coppes
STAR WARS: The Last Ruffian

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
03.06.2020 , 03:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Sins are not glass cannons at all. They have excellent survivability thanks to double cloak heal to fulls (and being able to choose when to attack from stealth each time they decide to engage) and being able to swap to life warden whenever they want to.

That survivability is unchanged. Now they just can't maul spam someone three times for 70% of their hp.
Still can do that. I think when people see guaranteed critic gone, they forget that dec gets 5% melee critic chance (which puts you at upper 40% critic chance). So in 3 mauls instead of 2 guaranteed and 1 at 50%, it will be 1 guaranteed (which will be the one with duplicity 20% extra damage) and 2 at 50%. This is not exactly a nerf that changes.. anything. Also, discharge, major part of the burst, got critic damage increased by 15%.

steveerkcanjerk's Avatar


steveerkcanjerk
03.06.2020 , 04:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
I really hope you’re right trixxie, however it seems like they’re neutering us again. I really don’t understand how the term “glass cannon” is so hard to comprehend. High burst/ low survivability, not medium burst and decent sustained if you can stay alive long enough. We’ll see how it plays out.
All they took away was your maul spam which was really needed. It opens the door for counter play. Your dcds and utility are untouched by these changes. This is a good change, a sin is still a valuable member to a team even after these changes and now we won't have classes being taken from 100 to 30-40% in one stun.
the mandalorians will rise again, we will unite and make the galaxy bow.
choggun mandalorian sniper
dreadshots mandalorian mercanary

PhatMcMuffins's Avatar


PhatMcMuffins
03.06.2020 , 06:44 PM | #15
no more triple autocrit but the buff to surge means that the single autocrit will hit harder than before and maul can still normally crit afterward. with the surge buff, non auto-crit crits post this update will hit for nearly what the autcrit mauls are hitting for now.

no more guaranteed triple crits but much more sustain and technically a higher burst potential (if you get good dice rolls)
<Occasional Crops>
<Korriban K'lors'luts*>
Qarum - Alan Rails - Dazkkum - Fake Doors - Eight-six

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
03.06.2020 , 07:53 PM | #16
I still think the biggest problem sins have had is the ability to swap tactical’s when they stealth out.

IMO, that should have been the first thing on the list to change and I’m at a loss to understand why this hasn’t been addressed.

KumbayaGOD's Avatar


KumbayaGOD
03.06.2020 , 09:00 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Sins are not glass cannons at all. They have excellent survivability thanks to double cloak heal to fulls (and being able to choose when to attack from stealth each time they decide to engage) and being able to swap to life warden whenever they want to.

That survivability is unchanged. Now they just can't maul spam someone three times for 70% of their hp.

This absolutely true, many sin in regor rank just open on you triple maul and vanish and do some rotation here and there and be top dps

in arena this is an nightmare 2 sin open on you, you are toast
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

meddani's Avatar


meddani
03.07.2020 , 07:04 PM | #18
yeah, if you think eating 3 x 55-60k crits in 3-4 secs is balanced i don't know what to tell you. Glad this sh** will be nerfed, deception was never meant to be played as maul spam only lol.

lord-angelus's Avatar


lord-angelus
03.13.2020 , 07:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I still think the biggest problem sins have had is the ability to swap tactical’s when they stealth out.

IMO, that should have been the first thing on the list to change and I’m at a loss to understand why this hasn’t been addressed.
Because maybe just maybe that is intended and not a mistake like people claim to be?
3 maul spam was dumb and it needed to go. But besides that, sins are really in a good place atm with the tactical swap.

You can either take one or the other. If you take both, it would be the 5,0 glass cannon non-bursty sin tbh. It gained a rightfully buff for pve as well. It should be the highest parsing spec imo because of lack of raid utilities

djcetra's Avatar


djcetra
03.15.2020 , 06:26 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sertar View Post
Oh they absolutely will.
Wrong
SW:TOR PvP Twitch: CetraTv
SW:TOR PvP YouTube: CetraTv
| Despairful | Flourìsh | Håunted | Partìcals | Adreztia | Sho-RyuKen | Anomåly |