In-game Items you Want to Return

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Over time, we have received quite a few reports from players of items that used be available in-game, that no longer are. We don't mean Cartel Market items, but items that used to be available on vendors or from drops, etc. We are doing planning around some Mission rewards coming up and we thought this might be a good opportunity to try to get some forgotten items back in.

Here is what we are looking for. What are some in-game items that are no longer available that you would like to see come back, for the following categories:

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

For this feedback thread we are currently not looking for weapon or armor set suggestions.

Let us know your thoughts!

-eric

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Over time, we have received quite a few reports from players of items that used be available in-game, that no longer are. We don't mean Cartel Market items, but items that used to be available on vendors or from drops, etc. We are doing planning around some Mission rewards coming up and we thought this might be a good opportunity to try to get some forgotten items back in.

Here is what we are looking for. What are some in-game items that are no longer available that you would like to see come back, for the following categories:

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

For this feedback thread we are currently not looking for weapon or armor set suggestions.

-eric

Can you please ensure that every mount required for the "Gearhead" achievement is available?

Decorations that used to drop from FPs.

Skins of old Columi, Battlemaster, war hero gear. Basically, armor shells of 1.x gear.

i'm just going to ignore that. Take the suggestion anyway.

Edited by SolarSaenz

Hey folks,

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

-eric

Schematics for Craftable War Hero Gear

I have a slightly different request for something to come back.

The magenta crystal used to be different and I'm not sure if I remember why you changed them to their current state. I'd like them back the way they were. Would that be possible?

I also agree with the drop rates in FPs. Take boarding party that drops those imperial and republic computer desks. Great items for decking out guild ships by the way...too bad they're in very very very short supply.

- Makeb Gazebo

- Spa *

- Jukeboxes *

- Commemorative statues of KOTFE characters *

- Rakata tile

- Holgraphic trees

- The autumn tree in the vendor that takes only cartel certificates

- Heck, I'd love to get a shot at all of those other decos on the cartel cert vendor

- The planetary displays seem to have gone from the Alliance Crates. Would be nice to see them return

(TBH I have no idea if these were drops, vendor items, whatever, because I have only seen them for millions and millions of credits on the GTN)

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Can I make a unique request?

There were many titles that you could get in the game starting with beta. Those titles were removed or lost yet somehow remain in the game code in many cases.

Given that titles can be granted with an item, which I can confirm whenever I login a new character and have an item that grants me titles like the illustrious and so on, is there a way to return all of those titles as reward drops? Or even something you can purchase from a vendor?

I am sure people would love to be the Conqueror of balmorra or the Conqueror of corellia or some of the others that have been in there but aren't always granted because of a bug.

Many of us love titles and would love a chance to get the old ones back, even the ones coming from the beta.

And yes even the test centers ones like The Cutting Edge. I think the moratorium on exclusivity has been long enough.

If there is ever something granted that is meant to be permanently exclusive, then the one request I have to that is to not have it in the collections. Many completionists struggle with those sorts of things because they want as a matter of principle to complete everything and capture all the achievements in the game yet Perhaps they joined after the specified time when such things were available.

So my other thing then in terms of what to return are the very things that are no longer obtainable yet are in collections. Us who strive to be completionists would appreciate the opportunity to grab these long gone items once more and would appreciate if going forward that if you plan to offer something one-time-only or for a very narrow period of time that you do not include it in collections.

Can I make a unique request?

There were many titles that you could get in the game starting with beta. Those titles were removed or lost yet somehow remain in the game code in many cases.

Given that titles can be granted with an item, which I can confirm whenever I login a new character and have an item that grants me titles like the illustrious and so on, is there a way to return all of those titles as reward drops? Or even something you can purchase from a vendor?

I am sure people would love to be the Conqueror of balmorra or the Conqueror of corellia or some of the others that have been in there but aren't always granted because of a bug.

Many of us love titles and would love a chance to get the old ones back, even the ones coming from the beta.

And yes even the test centers ones like The Cutting Edge. I think the moratorium on exclusivity has been long enough.

If there is ever something granted that is meant to be permanently exclusive, then the one request I have to that is to not have it in the collections. Many completionists struggle with those sorts of things because they want as a matter of principle to complete everything and capture all the achievements in the game yet Perhaps they joined after the specified time when such things were available.

So my other thing then in terms of what to return are the very things that are no longer obtainable yet are in collections. Us who strive to be completionists would appreciate the opportunity to grab these long gone items once more and would appreciate if going forward that if you plan to offer something one-time-only or for a very narrow period of time that you do not include it in collections.

Titles, yes! Good request here.

What a pity, there would be tons of those...

Main thing I can think of right now are the light and dark datacron displays. They used to drop like candy while doing planetary missions, but nowadays they are incredibly rare. A healthy bump to their drop rate would be neat.

Ciao, Aronis!

I would like to see "named" items from FPs drop again that were around in 1.0. They do not have to have mods or enhancements etc just the vanity part of it for players who may have missed out on them. I would like to also see old schematics come back that were removed and or color crystal schematics. I would also like to see the mounts for "Gearhead" to return as well that includes the ones that were on planetary vendors that are now removed. I basically would like to see the cool gear sets and vanity items that used to drop with cool names or effects be brought back so they can be gotten by new players that came back or new players in the future as in I am confident players will return once GoTM is completed. So please bring back the things from FP and Ops and even Heroics missions that were rare and fun to farm for. I remember farming "Martial of Balance" light sabers for my Mara that is still level 42 that I have had since launch. I am sure this is lengthy now just bring back the fun stuff and unique items and schematics even if they are tied to some new event that you all make or something :)

Hey folks,

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

-eric

Lifeday fireplaces, Massassi Lights

Edited by xordevoreaux

What a pity, there would be tons of those...!

Yeah, still.

Wasn't there a Korrealis speeder delewted with the really, really, really awful reason of "it was too big" ?

Tip : Look at TOR Fashion and what if these mounts/pets/etc. is still within the game and what is no more there.

Hey folks,

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

-eric

I'm very surprised that you ask. Things were deleted. Was not tracked what was deleted ? Or did the elimination just go on like a fury to streamline everything, like with the Heroics Quest Givers ?

Changes in a database must be tracked. So that people can later find out what was deleted and why.

Mounts:

Imperial Korrealis KL-9Z

Imperial Korrealis KL-9Z-SE

Republic Korrealis KL-8A

Republic Korrealis KL-8A-SE

Even if you don't look for it, I think there's also some demand for the return of old weapons and armor sets, so...

Weapons:

The golden Dread Master and Dread Forged Weapons from way back

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/set-names/dread-master/

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/set-names/dread-forged/

Armor Sets:

Basically the whole Revanite Gear Sets

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/miscellaneous/set-names/revanite/

Edited by Count_Mario

Dear Eric,

as some others already mentioned (looks like this should be on top of your to do list):

* Deco drops from FPs as back in the days. We used to get deco drops for example from bonus bosses. Please put those back into the game or up the drop rate by a lot.

That said, you ask for items that are NOT in the game anymore. I'm not sure how we could know whether certain items are still available or not (armors aside, because that's easier to tell)? They might just have a very low drop rate.

Here are some more ideas nonetheless:

* Datacron decos. I used to get a lot of them by doing heroics back in the days. Nowadays: almost zero.

* Tremendously up the drop rate for mounts which are connected to achievements. For example, I have never ever seen the rare speeder in "Maelstrom Prison". Many people even wonder if that speeder even exists at all.

* Maybe also add speeders from operations that are connected to achievements to other parts of the game? I know, raiders won't like this, but they still have plenty enough rare shinies for themselves.

* Abandoned events: Bring back the original Rhakgoul event on Tatooine and the Chevin race on a regular basis with the original item rewards (and some new ones on top)!

VERY IMPORTANT TO ME, THAT'S WHY ALL CAPS AND BOLD:

* PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make the four titles that you only got in early 2012 for certain achievements on the newly opened PTS (e. g. "First Line of Defense") available for others somehow OR take them out of the COLLECTION system. I mean, you cannot collect them, so why are they there in the first place? Again, I understand that this might upset the players who achieved them back then, but HANDS UP everyone who actually has these titles?! Not even I have them even though I tried to get them in March or April 2012, but it didn't work anymore. I think that you should either take them out of collections or connect them to something else. Maybe open the PTS again and make the titles available again? ;)

* In general, if you actually took out a mount, a pet, a deco, a title or anything which is not an armor or a weapon, I strongly suggest that you add them into the game again. The reason for that: It's there already. Why not use it? One more thing to do for players for very little effort on your side.

Thank you for giving us the chance to get some previous items back in the nearer future.

P. S. Did you bring my suggestion in my signature up during the last team meeting? :p

just to add to the original loot from FPs that dropped in 1.0 esp the orange gear and named weapons bring them into Master Mode FPs that would give people an incentive to run them more often since Master Mode old FPs don't drop gear worth using tbh

Oh, oh, oh! Here, teacher, here, me, hey, hey! Notice me.

Please return the NPC on Ord Mantell in front of the heroic island that gave you the quest for one of the heroics. Next to the medical droid.

When you passed her, she used to "psssst" you.

I fell in love with her on first listen and I miss her badly. Pleeeease add her again. And let me romance her.

Thank you.