Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

5.0 Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder Guides by Hayete

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
5.0 Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder Guides by Hayete

Udoroththefinal's Avatar


Udoroththefinal
01.07.2017 , 09:59 AM | #41
Hey so I started building a combat sent and I'm confused on which of the enchantments to use in the context of pvp


I know that you need 110% acc for pve bosses but how important is it for pvp? Should I focus on alacrity or crit instead

I don't expect to have 228 or 240 gear anytime soon so I'm just using vendor mods

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
01.07.2017 , 01:46 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Udoroththefinal View Post
Hey so I started building a combat sent and I'm confused on which of the enchantments to use in the context of pvp


I know that you need 110% acc for pve bosses but how important is it for pvp? Should I focus on alacrity or crit instead

I don't expect to have 228 or 240 gear anytime soon so I'm just using vendor mods
My guides are only written for PvE. With that said you'll get various answers to your questions depending on who you talk to. My advice would be drop all Accuracy from your gear and focus on Crit and Alacrity as you suggested. If you're using vendor mods (sounds like you're not level 70 yet) I honestly would not even worry about gearing strategies.

Eksenia's Avatar


Eksenia
01.08.2017 , 09:45 AM | #43
I just returned to the game and decided to give my level 62 carny a try. Is it just me or does it feel incredibly rage starved in comparison to 4.0? It just all feels... Sluggish.

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
01.08.2017 , 03:32 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Eksenia View Post
I just returned to the game and decided to give my level 62 carny a try. Is it just me or does it feel incredibly rage starved in comparison to 4.0? It just all feels... Sluggish.
Gore is what causes the spec to feel sluggish. Essentially we gained an ability that costs 3 Rage we didn't have to spend back in 4.0

EnzoForMe's Avatar


EnzoForMe
01.10.2017 , 07:35 PM | #45
Excellent work as always-haven't played the spec in a while and this was very helpful for getting up to speed.
Caprica <Lethal Dose 50> <The Crushers>
S-3 S-6 #1 Group Ranked Sniper
S-2 S-8 S-10 #1 Solo Gunslinger/Sniper

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
01.11.2017 , 07:18 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by EnzoForMe View Post
Excellent work as always-haven't played the spec in a while and this was very helpful for getting up to speed.
Glad to hear it mate, welcome back and good luck

Eksenia's Avatar


Eksenia
01.11.2017 , 10:03 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahadori View Post
Gore is what causes the spec to feel sluggish. Essentially we gained an ability that costs 3 Rage we didn't have to spend back in 4.0
That sounds like a fair assesment. Cheers.

Bahadori's Avatar


Bahadori
01.12.2017 , 03:38 PM | #48
Sticky'd! Thanks Eric

Alassa's Avatar


Alassa
01.12.2017 , 11:38 PM | #49
Thanks for making this guide! I'm using it for working on my Marauder and it's very useful.

However I do have a question for you. I'm still working on the rotation and I've only gotten this far Opener, Burst 1 > Cycle 1 > Burst 1, however, I'm always short two stacks of Zen when I get to where I need to do Massacre x3 & x4 in the rotation. Because I'm always short I have to do Massacre x4 and x5 instead. As far as I know I'm following the rotation exactly. Do you have any ideas why I'm short?

Thanks!

Qwurdilu's Avatar


Qwurdilu
01.13.2017 , 01:14 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahadori View Post
Sticky'd! Thanks Eric
Since your words seem to have some kind of impact, can you vote for a 360 cyclone slash? Thats the only thing that bothers me about that specc (in pvp)