EricMusco

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
So, a pushback, but for good reason?

The feature list looks fun.

My question - when guilds "conquer" planets, is this a strictly PvE thing? Or are you actually taking over enemy bases, with the inevitable PvP that comes with that?

Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

Also, I know this is big news so I am going to be sticking around in the thread answering questions as I can. We probably aren't going to talk too much about the details of each feature yet but I will answer what I can :)

-eric

Actually, yes. I'll wait. As long as this is to provide us with few more features and deliver content less broken (or even perfectly working), I'll gladly wait a bit longer. Right now I'm really insterested to see this all in action.

Thanks for the update and transparency.

Very excited about some of the new features and if they need to bake a little more to have a more integrated experience I won't complain.

One question though. 2.8 was called the "biggest update to date" is this still the case with this no longer being part of that patch? I would expect that it no longer is but just curious.

• Dev Post
Eric, what are the differences between a Luxury Sky Palace vs. a Sprawling Sky Palace, can you elaborate any?

Adjectives :rak_03:

It is just a difference of wording. It is simply the Sky Palace, we just threw some fancy words in front of it.

-eric

Adjectives :rak_03:

It is just a difference of wording. It is simply the Sky Palace, we just threw some fancy words in front of it.

-eric

So does this mean if we are subscribers by both dates we get two palaces one with 5 rooms and one with 3 rooms or one palace with 8 rooms?

• Dev Post
Thanks for the update and transparency.

Very excited about some of the new features and if they need to bake a little more to have a more integrated experience I won't complain.

One question though. 2.8 was called the "biggest update to date" is this still the case with this no longer being part of that patch? I would expect that it no longer is but just curious.

Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric

I'm good with that, new features are amazing! I'm especially excited with Tatooine Homestead :)

But I hope those Strongholds are for the whole Legacy, not specific characters. I play too many alts to take care of too many houses...

Edited by Apophis_

Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

<snip>

Well, yeah, all missions that don't directly involve warzones are "PvE" missions. But I mean, will they be some type of instanced PvE, or will they be held in such a way that the opposing faction might have a chance to "stop" your guild conquering the planet? Like, a mission that happens on the planet itself, and is involved and long enough that the opposing faction could mount some sort of resistance?

Or will it have absolutely no cross-faction impact whatsoever (a pub guild and imp guild could both "control" the planet simultaneously)

Still looks cool, I'm just curious about this part - because it hints at a backdoor to world pvp. And I like that.

Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric

Awesome. Thanks for not trying to twist your answer so you didn't have to actually say that it wouldn't be the biggest.

• Dev Post
So does this mean if we are subscribers by both dates we get two palaces one with 5 rooms and one with 3 rooms or one palace with 8 rooms?

What this means is that if you are a subscriber on both dates, you will have one Palace with 5 rooms unlocked. It isn't a "stacking" type of thing. June is a basically a smaller version of the May promotion.

-eric

Never mind answered above me :).

Well it all sounds great and by the sounds of it , might actually make me join a guild , heaven forbid and I never thought I would. I'm still going to be my own person but I'm great at helping people. My main 2 friends will have priority though and I will ask them if they are willing to join up with me.

Sounds great cheeky monkey lizards , keep it up.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

• Dev Post
I'm good with that, new features are amazing! I'm especially excited with Tatooine Homestead :)

But I hope those Strongholds are for the whole Legacy, not specific characters. I play too many alts to take care of too many houses...

Well then I have good news! Strongholds are Legacy wide, not character specific :rak_01:

-eric

"Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds"

Awesome! I just hope I can talk to my Companions in my strongholds. That would be a nice thing. Especially when I'm recording the Companion stories! (JUST MAKE SURE DYE MODS ON COMPANION ARMOR WORKS! :p)

Do only guilds who are in the #1 spot of planet conquering get the bonus, or do the second and third runners up also receive a lesser bonus? Also, do these bonuses affect other in-game qualities or are they just more of what guild bonuses already consist of (e.g. XP and Reputation bonus)?