Am not liking this.

Scattergun

When did they change it so that armorings and such are spread out between multiple crew skills? Are there plans to fix this in the upcoming changes?

Armorings and such have been spread out across multiple crew skills since at least 2014 (when I started playing). The only change I've been around to see is when they reorganized which crew skills crafted some of those items. There have been no public announcements from BW regarding any planned changes to that aspect of crafting.

A. There is no such thing as an armortech. It's confusing when people do that. There is an armstech and an armormech.

B. Armormech has made resistive armorings for a long time. Synthweaving makes the dps /heal one.

Mod and enhancements are both made by cybertech now, and artifice doesn't.

These changes predate my 2 year break by a long while, and I've been back 6 months

So at least 3-4 years

[...]

Mod and enhancements are both made by cybertech now, and artifice doesn't.[..]

that's been true since launch at least

changes since launch (that I can remember)

• Armormech
    • makes different endgame augments
    • lost DPS/Heal armorings
    • had armors changed to all tech

[*]Armstech

[*]Artifice

• Lost augmentation kits
    • gained dyes

[*]Biochem

• Lost reusables, got them back
    • Lost augmentation kits

[*]Cybertech

• lost reusable grenades
    • lost augmentation kits
    • Gained some near endgame Ship gear (solo rails starfighter)

[*]Synthweaving

• changed to force armors only
    • different endgame augments
    • gained DPS/Heal Armorings

[*]ALL

• had many schematics "archived" (no longer attainable)
    • had many recipes changed (after the materials simplification)

that's been true since launch at least

changes since launch (that I can remember)

• Armormech
    • lost DPS/Heal armorings
    • had armors changed to all tech

[*]Armstech

[*]Artifice

• Lost augmentation kits
    • gained dyes

[*]Biochem

• Lost reusables, got them back
    • Lost augmentation kits

[*]Cybertech

• lost reusable grenades
    • lost augmentation kits
    • Gained some near endgame Ship gear (solo rails starfighter)

[*]Synthweaving

• changed to force armors only
    • different endgame augments
    • gained DPS/Heal Armorings

[*]ALL

• had many schematics "archived" (no longer attainable)
    • had many recipes changed (after the materials simplification)

Two corrections: Artifice used to craft enhancements. I can't say if it did since launch, but it did from March 2014 until they made the big crafting changes with 4.0. Likewise, Cybertech previously crafted both types of armorings.

Two corrections: Artifice used to craft enhancements. I can't say if it did since launch, but it did from March 2014 until they made the big crafting changes with 4.0. Likewise, Cybertech previously crafted both types of armorings.

Originally, cybertech crafted all mods and armoring (four 'main' stat varieties - aim, cunning, strength, willpower) as well as ship parts (space rails game), ears, and grenades, with artifice crafting enhancements, hilts, color crystals, and fixed force weapons / offhands.

Armstech crafted barrels and fixed tech weapons / offhands (was the most useless skill at launch).

Armormech made fixed stat (tech classes, aim, cunning stats) armor pieces as well as some modular shells (many faction / class specific - tech classes, schematics mostly from UWT), while synthweaving did the same for force classes / stats (strength / willpower).

Biochem crafted implants, stims, medpacks, and adrenals, and had access to reusable items with better stats than non-reusable items (not to mention adrenals could be used multiple times in a fight at launch).

Crafted augments and augment kits did not exist (augment slots only on some gear, augments dropped from slicing missions). Relics could not be crafted outside of the BoP end-game ones.

End game gear was not modular (set bonus / armoring tied to shell) nor was anything bind to legacy - so the usefulness of anything beyond biochem at end game was dubious (though the various crew skills could craft some BoP rakata items like artifice and relics or the armor skills and bracers).

Edited by DawnAskham