Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel

coreymorris
02.05.2013 , 10:13 AM | #1
So I recently started a new scoundrel, at level 12 I started PVP as a healer, is 179k healing good?
Thanks for the help.
(█|]]]]]](◊)}██████████████)
Level 50-Jedi Sentinel, Hugetta

Gereorth
02.05.2013 , 10:28 AM | #2
I don't realy think this is the place to discuss such a thing . Rather ask in General Chat, place a thread in the Scoundrel class section on the forum or look at the healing done from others.

But my answer to your question is: It's alright.. Not realy great, but you're only level 12. Don't worry about how much healing you do. From level 20 and up your talents will become realy interesting. Worry about healing then. Not now.
I got the stuff, if you got the credits. If not, beat it kid!

Spurred
02.05.2013 , 10:29 AM | #3
Average, as average goes...

Also depends on which wz. But saying that, you don't get any AoE til 40 so maybe post when get to 40+.

Vandicus
02.05.2013 , 10:31 AM | #4
Hard to evaluate as you don't have most of your healing abilities available yet. At the level 40s and up your healing will be more easy to evaluate, though you can still only be compared to the 49 and below bracket. The end question of how good are you(relatively speaking) at pvp healing can only be answered when you're at 50 and in War Hero or EWH and being compared to other people of the same gear level and class.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Spurred
02.05.2013 , 10:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gereorth View Post
I don't realy think this is the place to discuss such a thing . Rather ask in General Chat, place a thread in the Scoundrel class section on the forum or look at the healing done from others
^lol. i have nothing constructive to add so... I'm just gunna button it.

jorill
02.05.2013 , 10:38 AM | #6
Its really hard to evaluate at your level. I will say that if you are doing that at end game it isnt that great for pvp but i cant imagine you wouldnt be better by then

coreymorris
02.05.2013 , 10:40 AM | #7
Thanks all, ill post when I'm 40+
(█|]]]]]](◊)}██████████████)
Level 50-Jedi Sentinel, Hugetta

Turshek
02.05.2013 , 11:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by coreymorris View Post
Healing numbers as damage numbers are not really interesting as they don't reflect how good you are.

The goal is not to have big numbers, it's not have to a big amount of kill or whatever, the goal is the objectives of the maps. Many people have this tunnel vision problem, because of their "role" they focus on it and forget the rest.

If you get a guild and play warzones often with them it's a bit less true as people have often more specialized role but in PUGs, it's often better not to focus 100% on healing. Use all the tools you have (and as a scoundrel you will have many) to complete or help complete the objectives. Try to feel early how good your and their team are and adjust your playstyle accordingly.

Sometimes you'll be more useful using CCs to slow enemies or enabling a mate to cap a turret than healing your team, sometimes doing a bit of damage to help kill someone is better, you stopped him from interrupting capping. Sometimes you can be the stealther that will plant a bomb on the door of the side with the bridge not opened....

Winning the warzone is the goal, not being the first on Heal/DPS meters.

Gereorth
02.05.2013 , 07:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by coreymorris View Post
And post it in the Scoundrel section:
http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=58
I got the stuff, if you got the credits. If not, beat it kid!

EFSoupy
02.06.2013 , 04:09 PM | #10
On the subject of being an effective scoundrel healer in warzones, I advise spending some time specced as a dps. Sawbones are great on heals, but they have the ability to do a reasonable amount of offense as well. I would argue there are times when one or the other or both are needed, and knowing how to make both happen will help. I suggest scrapper, at least that's what worked for me.

Also, best of luck below lvl 30, it's painful, but don't worry, it gets better.
Azucena- Vanguard (Shield/Assault), Moco - Scoundrel (Sawbones), Chapulin - Shadow (Kinetic/ Infiltration), Cagafuego - Commando (Gunnery)
<The Eternal Guardians>
Begeren Colony