Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A month till Onslaught, and still no specific release date?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A month till Onslaught, and still no specific release date?

AlCiao
08.07.2019 , 05:53 PM | #1
Or have I just missed the announcement of it?

In a sense, this could be a good sign, that they don't want to commit to a date until they're sure everything's panned out, such as with their PTS rounds.
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

TrixxieTriss
08.07.2019 , 06:23 PM | #2
They haven’t finished testing on the PTS yet. Would you prefer they rush it out to meet a hard date or get it right?

AlCiao
08.07.2019 , 06:58 PM | #3
The latter, for sure, but it struck me as highly unusual, given the previous expacs had specific release dates well in advance. So was just checking
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

TrixxieTriss
08.07.2019 , 07:59 PM | #4
Many of us have said the PTS testing phase has been dragged out because they aren’t getting the changes up fast enough. They really need another month at this point to get things tested properly and not rush it or there are going to be more bugs and class balance issues than ever before.

There are some major changes to how gear bonuses and these new tacticals will work. Also any new systems or changes always seem to break 3 other unintended things when they add them.

It would be better for the game to not rush or use crunch time to release in September. Players testing on the PTS aren’t going to use the Bioware famous “crunch time” to give feed back and test. All of these changes to be tested should have been ready to go back in May if they expected a September release,

I would suggest they announce a delay sooner than closer to the actual date they have in mind. Even if they need to push it a month or even into early November. I think players would ultimately prefer that over something rushed and possibly unplayable or game breaking.

Darka
08.07.2019 , 09:09 PM | #5
Later this month Disney have their big con, we may get some more information around that time
The Defender Program est 2006 Presents
THE UNCIVILLISED SWOOP CLUB
@Darkatron @DefenderProgram @Uncivillised on Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

FlameYOL
08.08.2019 , 07:12 AM | #6
There hasn't been an announcement, and I agree with Trixxie here. Its likely the PTS is to "blame" since they have to test the new Spoils of War system. But I will take a delayed expansion if it means we'll be able to have a better system at launch.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Delani
08.08.2019 , 09:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
There hasn't been an announcement, and I agree with Trixxie here. Its likely the PTS is to "blame" since they have to test the new Spoils of War system. But I will take a delayed expansion if it means we'll be able to have a better system at launch.
Spoils to War is there big project for this expansion, they really want and need it to be "good". An Operation and FP will only keep peoples interest for a month tops but the new gearing grind will keep people playing for months.

Storm-Cutter
08.08.2019 , 10:06 AM | #8
On release it'll likely be:
  • Late
  • Buggy
  • Break something else
  • Need to be patched
  • Needlessly painful for a section of the playerbase.
  • Unlikely to ever get fixed.

You may choose any 5 out of the 6 above options.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

phalczen
08.08.2019 , 10:09 AM | #9
PTS usually closes for good two weeks before the new update. To still release in September, that would mean PTS would have to be finished by September 10, which is still 4.5 weeks away. That’s time for at least two if not three refreshes. I don’t expect any story content to be testable, but I thought they would be testing the operation. However, I still don’t think it’s going to release in September. My prediction is October 1st, which leaves them 5.5 more weeks for testing publicly. There’s no promotion or other “subscribe by such-and-such and get this-and-this” so unlike paid expansions there’s no obligation to get it out by a specific date. I would prefer waiting a week or two to have a cleaner release, but that’s just me.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

SteveTheCynic
08.08.2019 , 11:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
You may choose any 5 out of the 6 above options.
I'll live down to my forum alias...

You may choose any 7 out of the 6 options.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.