Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

madcappah

Hello there,

We are absolutely investigating the issues that you're reporting with leaps and intercepts.

When posting about ability bugs of this nature, details are always going to be very helpful(we saw the video, thanks!). Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

This is still happening right now and extremely often in pvp for me. It's such a problem that I consider any class with force leap on it to just be unplayable for competitive pvp.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the inaction on this issue simply unbelievable, I am gob smacked. *I* could fix this if I had access to the code. How do I know that I can? It's a program. If you don't like the results, you change the program. It's not *********** rocket science. Fire your incompetent programmers and hire some graduates - clearly whoever you have fixing bugs right now is utterly useless and doesn't deserve their job. You would be better off starting over with a new person. Seriously. OVER 12 months? There is NO EXCUSE ON EARTH! You could recode the entire combat system if you had too in that amount of time and then some.

Oh wait, I am assuming someone is actually looking at these issues to start with. More fool me.

Edited by vermura

• 1 month later...
Had this happen to me several times inside of the Ravengers Operation on my Jugg Tank last night. When attempting to Force Charge to the snipers that are near ledges I would fall short of the ledge or fall through the ledge. When attempting to Intercede back up onto a group member the same thing would happen. I would fall and take fall damage. Same thing has happened several times when in PvP warzones such as the Nar Shad Huttball. Haven't had it happen in the Quesh Huttball yet. Edited by Silko

• 7 months later...
Hello there,

We are absolutely investigating the issues that you're reporting with leaps and intercepts.

When posting about ability bugs of this nature, details are always going to be very helpful(we saw the video, thanks!). Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

Still waiting on this fix Amber

Amber is gone, isn't she? ;]

Yeah, this is an ongoing issue. Very annoying and gamebreaking in arenas.

You can help yourself and avoid it. You will very often stop midway leap if you will JUMP with spacebar and then leap midair.Yes, jumping helps to get enemy in line of sight but you need to avoid doing that if you want to successfuly finish the jump.

2.5+ years. It is obvious that they don't care / don't know how to fix it / or just don't want to fix it.

Either way it's very sad... Amazing job, Bioware! :(

Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

AmberGreen yeah. People come, people go, but nothing changes... So exciting! :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower