Speedrun is not standard anymore

Many level 55s join up with level 50-54 and assume the FP is all about a speedrun.

Perhaps it is time to think about that other players need experience when signing up for a FP designed for players 55 and below.

Many level 55s are helpful and respect that FPs give experience but some simply do not.

It is a good thing to keep in mind if you think you only got 20 minutes to play :tran_eek:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, since most side bosses and bonus bosses drops some coms that can be used to gear up companions/offspec or fix poor min/maxing (why alacrity on jugg tank gear... why.... oh why..), and they die quick enouth it's not a biggie, but please, don't expect to kill every single trash mob that is there so you can exp your way to L55 faster, do makeb ;)

Many level 55s join up with level 50-54 and assume the FP is all about a speedrun.

Perhaps it is time to think about that other players need experience when signing up for a FP designed for players 55 and below.

Many level 55s are helpful and respect that FPs give experience but some simply do not.

It is a good thing to keep in mind if you think you only got 20 minutes to play :tran_eek:

So you expect others to clear an entire instance just so you can get get a bit more XP?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Only if the majority want to clear is that a valid point.

And if the entire group does want to clear, I'll just drop (even on my 50-54s) as I get better XP doing missions than killing trash. The XP I want from the FP all comes from the missions (FP mission, GF mission, terminal mission).

So you expect others to clear an entire instance just so you can get get a bit more XP?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Only if the majority want to clear is that a valid point.

And if the entire group does want to clear, I'll just drop (even on my 50-54s) as I get better XP doing missions than killing trash. The XP I want from the FP all comes from the missions (FP mission, GF mission, terminal mission).

My post is a reminder and aimed at those that automaticly assume that every FP is a speedrun.

Some of us has spent real life money to get a flashpoint exp boost with our characters, it is nuts not to use it.

If someone still cant handle that it is good that they leave, the replacements even for tanks and healers are quick nowdays :tran_grin:

Edited by Icestar

Honestly, if a 55 is in your group you are not going to get a lot of XP per kill. I ran a 50 HM FP last night on my level 50 smuggler and had two 55s in the group with me. I got a total of 137 XP per strong/silver mob kill (less for weak, about 1000XP for gold mobs). Sorry but that is simply not worth the time to kill every mob.

Now if you manage to get into a group without a 55 in it, then it's worth the time. Pre-launch I got into a 50 HM FP on my JK and got half a level worth of XP.

that being said, boss skipping has stopped in the 50 HM FPs I've done. The gear is not worth much, but the comms are.

Edited by psandak

Honestly, if a 55 is in your group you are not going to get a lot of XP per kill. I ran a 50 HM FP last night on my level 50 smuggler and had two 55s in the group with me. I got a total of 137 XP per strong/silver mob kill (less for weak, about 1000XP for gold mobs). Sorry but that is simply not worth the time to kill every mob.

Now if you manage to get into a group without a 55 in it, then it's worth the time. Pre-launch I got into a 50 HM FP on my JK and got half a level worth of XP.

Yes it is worth to do the bonus and the mobs up to completion

Rested, max exp perk, exp potion really works good even with a 55 in the group

Edited by Icestar

Do you really have to ask in lvl 55 fp's?

The bonus boss is one of two (the 2nd is the end boss) that are worth killing in the whole fp's

This post is not about level 55 FPs, there it is more natural to skip it all like it used to be since nobody needs exp.

Many level 55s join up however on level 50-55 FPs, that is what I am refering to.

Edited by Icestar

that is if you willing to invest in all the extra crap (I'm not)... And BTW that 137 XP was with rested XP and a minor flashpoint XP boost.

Edited by psandak

Sure, no problem. just warn us (tanks and healers) that you came to FP for exp points, so we can leave and que up again... not every one wants to spend 1.5 hour doing battle of Ilum.

joking a bit, but really, warn your tank you want to do a Ilum Massacre.

that is if you willing to invest in all the extra crap (I'm not)... And BTW that 137 XP was with rested XP and a minor flashpoint XP boost.

Some has the cash to spend on this game, some does not or does not want to.

I am only saying that if a player spends cash on exp perks (it actually costs a bit to max them out) they should get value for their money and gain more exp from flashpoints.

If a player does not respect that, I will not miss that player :tran_wink:

Sure, no problem. just warn us (tanks and healers) that you came to FP for exp points, so we can leave and que up again... not every one wants to spend 1.5 hour doing battle of Ilum.

joking a bit, but really, warn your tank you want to do a Ilum Massacre.

I did Illum last night with someone that at first refused to do the bonus, but in the end he said he was glad he did.

He had never seen the bonusboss and we had lots of fun taking mobs down

The game is about having fun, not speed running flashpoints chasing a few bosses.

I wonder if anyone actually enjoy that

Edited by Icestar

I did Illum last night with someone that at first refused to do the bonus, but in the end he said he was glad he did.

The game is about having fun, not speed running flashpoints chasing a few bosses.

1 - I understand that those leveling want to kill all the mobs to gain experience. I totally get that as well.

2 - Lvl 55's doing old FP's to get classic comms is sort of lol.

3 - However, I've read a few posts in this thread by you and find it a bit presumptuous for you to dictate was is the new standard or telling people how they should have fun. Some don't have fun spending 1.5 hours in FP's they did for so long in Vanilla (like me). However, I'd never queue for lvl 50 FP's anymore with my lvl 55's.

I know exactly what you mean.

Mind you, I would never ever inflict that on a pug unless they all actually wanted to.

Do you really have to ask in lvl 55 fp's?

The bonus boss is one of two (the 2nd is the end boss) that are worth killing in the whole fp's

At this point I can pretty safely say not anymore. Got a whole crew in 69s or better at this point and still find myself slamming hard into the elite comms cap.

If any lvl 50-54 wants to do a full run with bonus because its there first time. That's Ok. And depending on if I have the time or not, I'll stay or drop.

But experience or leveling isn't a good reason. If you want to lvl faster, do the dailies, makeb, and wz. You'll be 55 in a few days without using any exp boost.

Most of the time I run a FP, I am on a healer, queuing with a guild tank. *WE* set the pace of the FP and decide what to kill or skip. DPS can either keep up or drop, it's that simple. When I solo queue as DPS or heals, I support whatever the group wants to do.

But most of the XP comes from finishing the FP anyway, so you probably end up with more XP for the time spent by doing speed runs.

I lvled up the flashpoint way and went with flash points where you cant really skip mobs......Kaon under seige is just one to name. Malstrom prison is another to boot. Just say something because a few of us. IM included get into that mind sight of speed runs time to time.

As for 55 flash points. I am amazed at how many ppl just want to skip the bonus boss.

I expect from a lvl 55 when he/she joins a below lvl 55 fp (SM 50, HM 50) he/she will adjust to the groups need. If not he shouldn't have joined.

Yes!

That is exactly my point, if level 55s sign up for flashpoints where players level 50-54 are present they should respect if teammembers want to have experience aswell.

A character that has restedbonus, maxed flashpointperk and experience boost will gain alot of experience because of the speed the mobs go down. It is way more efficient to play this way then to grind mobs alone on Makeb. Grinding is boring, playing with a team is much more fun aswell.

If the level 55s are so eager to speedrun, they should stay with the 55 bracket.

I wonder why it is so hard to get that

Edited by Icestar

If I want to get XP from 50 FPs and get a q pop with anyone 54 or 55 I wont even accept it because the experience is horrible. Most 55s q'uing for 50 HM FPS probably need gear and speed runs will give you gear much faster than killing 100 mobs and a boss for 1 piece of loot. If you are trying to level via flashpoints then you are relying on a group to level and therefore you are at the preferences of 3 people that may or may not match yours. They are entitled to their preference of speed run just as much as you are entitled to yours and coming on the forums to complain or tell people to change isn't going to help. There is no right or wrong way. If you don't like it then solo where only your opinion maters.