Let the hate fly, but I still say Bioware should allow you to change your AC

STJedi

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't care. I have 16 toons, one of each advanced class on both factions.

But do I want to restrict what other people can do? Not really, no. I'm basically always in favour of more content, more choice, etc. Let everyone play the way they want.

So sure, OP, we could have this. But tbh I suspect that if BW bring it in, all we'll get is a flood of "why does it cost 1800cc to change class?" or whatever. Which is the kind of thing it will be if it's brought in. And sure, some people might be willing to pay it and glad for the option, but others will just whine about the cc. And BW are never gonna bring this in for free, why would they?

Start a new toon.

Agreed. Or better yet stop being lazy,

I agree, and for 5 reasons.

Reason 1: Bioware want you to stay as long as possible playing the game. If they let you switch ACs then, thats (possibly) a shorter amount of time of you playing.

Reason 2: Its easy. Especially if you are a sub! You practically have XP shoved at you in the form of Guild XP, XP boosts, gaining XP faster as sub, and rested XP (not to mention they sometimes do Double XP).

Reason 3: Endgame. In MANY ways, leveling 1-55 is a preparation for endgame, and for you to learn your AC, set your keybinds, etc. Say, you level to 55 as a Operative Healer. Then you get to 55, and you switch to Sniper, and you'll have NO IDEA what to do or how to play (unless you have leveled a Sniper to 55 before). Even if you have done it before, there are plenty of people out there who HAVEN'T and causing AC switches will cause many, many problems for Endgame. I mean... look around, there are threads complaining about people who don't know how to play their AC or role, even WITHOUT AC switches.

Reason 4: Gear. If you change ACs (especially at 50 or 55) then you will probably have the wrong gear for the AC you switched to.

Reason 5: They WARN you. When you pick an AC there is a CLEAR warning box, telling you it is permanent. If you didn't pay attention to that, or didn't care.. that is your fault.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I just look at it as an extended respec, having the option available as a further respec doesn't mean you need to use it. if they need to change armor so be it.

That way those that want it have it, those that don't , don't need to use it :)

It affects endgame and raids as well. Because if you have people respecing at will then it breaks down group dynamics and raiding teams.

It affects endgame and raids as well. Because if you have people respecing at will then it breaks down group dynamics and raiding teams.

How is this different to doing a tree respec ? do they do this in the middle of raids ?

Edited by OwenBrooks

How is this different to doing a tree respec ? do they do this in the middle of raids ?

No. What I am saying is that currently raid groups have various classes for their compositions. If an AC swap happens it will mean raid teams will have to adjust to the new class the person picks.\

EDIT: Skill trees are COMPLETELY different. This is changing the entire advanced class.

Edited by theUndead

It is a ton different. First of all, for most (if not all) classes you wouldn't just be changing your attacking/healing rotation, but mechanics. It changes the way they PLAY. Think of the Sniper/Gunslinger and the Operative/Scoundrel. Operatives are used to stealth, getting close, and healing to do their jobs. On the other hand, Snipers have no stealth, are ranged instead of melee and rely on the cover mechanic. If a person changed from Operative to Sniper they'd have NO idea what to do, or how to play. Not to mention having to change their gear, rotation, keybinds, etc.

So if they wanted this option to be allowed, and it cant be done while in a raid or FP .

So people while in a current raid or FP currently change skill trees in the middle ?

You don't get it do you? Even if they do it while they are NOT in a raid or flashpoint, they are still changing the WHOLE WAY they play the game. Essentially, this means they have to relearn the entire class again.

It is a ton If a person changed from Operative to Sniper they'd have NO idea what to do, or how to play. Not to mention having to change their gear, rotation, keybinds, etc.

And this is something that would have to considered before they did it, it isn't a 5 second change as you say.

But is this a reason not to allow it under any circumstances ?

You don't get it do you? Even if they do it while they are NOT in a raid or flashpoint, they are still changing the WHOLE WAY they play the game. Essentially, this means they have to relearn the entire class again.

And ? why is that an issue ? for not allowing an optional item

Why would you care they had to relearn ? your not doing it

Edited by OwenBrooks

And this is something that would have to considered before they did it, it isn't a 5 second change as you say.

But is this a reason not to allow it under any circumstances ?

Yes. There is no possible way for them to know if that person will know how to play as that other AC, therfore (imo) it should not be implemented into the game.

And ? why is that an issue ? for not allowing an optional item

Why would you care they had to relearn ? your not doing it

Omg. I explained it in almost all my other posts in this thread... because it WOULD hurt us! Many people don't even take the time to learn the AC they picked, and if they change it I can almost 100% guarantee you they WONT take the time to learn it, and instead jump straight into Operations, Flashpoints, PvP, therefore HURTING their groupmates because THEY don't know how the AC works!

No hate, but I do disagree. The main reason is because once they allow this, then the next thing people are gonna complain about will be, "Hey now that i changed my Mara to a Jugg, i want all my mods switched from dps to tank stuff. Oh and my medium armor to heavy armor, I dont want to have to get all my armor over again".

What people don't realize is that asking to be able to change your AC is the same thing as asking for a different set of gear because it's something that you already did and don't want to have to do again. I mean, I get it. My main is a Jugg and it would be nice to switch to a Mara for PvP and back to Jugg to tank a FP but it just shouldn't work that way. Roll another toon if you want to do that.

I agree, and for 5 reasons.

Reason 1: Bioware want you to stay as long as possible playing the game. If they let you switch ACs then, thats (possibly) a shorter amount of time of you playing.

Reason 2: Its easy. Especially if you are a sub! You practically have XP shoved at you in the form of Guild XP, XP boosts, gaining XP faster as sub, and rested XP (not to mention they sometimes do Double XP).

Reason 3: Endgame. In MANY ways, leveling 1-55 is a preparation for endgame, and for you to learn your AC, set your keybinds, etc. Say, you level to 55 as a Operative Healer. Then you get to 55, and you switch to Sniper, and you'll have NO IDEA what to do or how to play (unless you have leveled a Sniper to 55 before). Even if you have done it before, there are plenty of people out there who HAVEN'T and causing AC switches will cause many, many problems for Endgame. I mean... look around, there are threads complaining about people who don't know how to play their AC or role, even WITHOUT AC switches.

Reason 4: Gear. If you change ACs (especially at 50 or 55) then you will probably have the wrong gear for the AC you switched to.

Reason 5: They WARN you. When you pick an AC there is a CLEAR warning box, telling you it is permanent. If you didn't pay attention to that, or didn't care.. that is your fault.

allow me to address your "reasons"

1. people who are unhappy with their AC after playing their class for a while will not stay to reroll another character, if they don't enjoy replaying the same story. allowing them to change AC keeps them in a game longer while making them stick to the one they have is more likely to push them out of the game all together.

2. easy has NOTHING to do with it. the question is... is it fun?

3. yeah, no. lets say I level to lvl 55 as a lethality operative and then decide to heal at end game. do I have any clue at all how to play a healer? no. not even remotely. in fact, I'm in an opposite situation right now, I leveled my operative as a healer and I have no clue how to dps on her in either of the specs. leveling 1 to 55 didn't magicaly teach me how to play all three talent trees, I still have to learn the other 2 i didn't touch? from scratch. changing AC is basically the same idea, except instead of 2 trees I don't know how to play, I have 5 tress to chose from, to learn how to play at end game (that, and there's also a small matter of all too many people not having any idea of how to play the talent tree they DID level with)

4. if you switch specs/roles, you probably have the wrong gear for the role/spec you are switching to. in fact - you are in better shape if you switch AC and remain dps then when you keep your AC but switch roles. but armor rating you say? but adoptive armor and ability to transfer mods - I say.

5. and? its an arbitrary restriction and arbitrary warning. there is absolutely no reason for it to remain permanent other then "i don't want other people to have this option"

No hate, but I do disagree. The main reason is because once they allow this, then the next thing people are gonna complain about will be, "Hey now that i changed my Mara to a Jugg, i want all my mods switched from dps to tank stuff. Oh and my medium armor to heavy armor, I dont want to have to get all my armor over again".

What people don't realize is that asking to be able to change your AC is the same thing as asking for a different set of gear because it's something that you already did and don't want to have to do again. I mean, I get it. My main is a Jugg and it would be nice to switch to a Mara for PvP and back to Jugg to tank a FP but it just shouldn't work that way. Roll another toon if you want to do that.

seriously? that's your objection? do people ask in droves to be able to change their gear from tank to dps to healer when they switch roles via respec now? (well, some probably do) should they actualy be listened to? there's an understanding in game already that certain gear works best for certain roles. some people never really get that idea and gear improperly with or without AC change. they need to be educated, solution is NOT to restrict access from everyone else, just becasue a few are a bit... less sharp.

its not even remotely like asking to be able to switch mods.

more like asking to be able to respec (which we can already do) but instead of 3 trees to chose from - you get 6 trees to chose from.

Edited by Jeweledleah

1. people who are unhappy with their AC after playing their class for a while will not stay to reroll another character, if they don't enjoy replaying the same story. allowing them to change AC keeps them in a game longer while making them stick to the one they have is more likely to push them out of the game all together.

2. easy has NOTHING to do with it. the question is... is it fun?

3. yeah, no. lets say I level to lvl 55 as a lethality operative and then decide to heal at end game. do I have any clue at all how to play a healer? no. not even remotely. in fact, I'm in an opposite situation right now, I leveled my operative as a healer and I have no clue how to dps on her in either of the specs. leveling 1 to 55 didn't magicaly teach me how to play all three talent trees, I still have to learn the other 2 i didn't touch? from scratch. changing AC is basically the same idea, except instead of 2 trees I don't know how to play, I have 5 tress to chose from, to learn how to play at end game (that, and there's also a small matter of all too many people not having any idea of how to play the talent tree they DID level with)

4. if you switch specs/roles, you probably have the wrong gear for the role/spec you are switching to. in fact - you are in better shape if you switch AC and remain dps then when you keep your AC but switch roles. but armor rating you say? but adoptive armor and ability to transfer mods - I say.

5. and? its an arbitrary restriction and arbitrary warning. there is absolutely no reason for it to remain permanent other then "i don't want other people to have this option"

I respect your opinions but I disagree.

I would write why i disagree but, as you can see I have been doing a LOT of typing in this thread, and I don't want to waste all my time on here and explaining my opinion to others. :D

I agree with you (mostly :) )

People are going to complain though no matter what over changes ( normal reaction ;) Some recent comments prove that, Oh my guildmate is going to turn into a derp shouldn't be one of them

Edited by OwenBrooks

I respect your opinions but I disagree.

I would write why i disagree but, as you can see I have been doing a LOT of typing in this thread, and I don't want to waste all my time on here and explaining my opinion to others. :D

really? becasue it sure sounds like "I have nothing to refute what you just wrote, but don't wish to admit it, so I'm going to give myself an out "

Edited by Jeweledleah

seriously? that's your objection? do people ask in droves to be able to change their gear from tank to dps to healer when they switch roles via respec now? (well, some probably do) should they actualy be listened to? there's an understanding in game already that certain gear works best for certain roles. some people never really get that idea and gear improperly with or without AC change. they need to be educated, solution is NOT to restrict access from everyone else, just becasue a few are a bit... less sharp.

its not even remotely like asking to be able to switch mods.

more like asking to be able to respec (which we can already do) but instead of 3 trees to chose from - you get 6 trees to chose from.

This I agree with