Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Im curious if they brought chinese players in if that would save apac servers...

Subscription MMOs are illegal in China, even freemium ones. It's also illegal to operate them outside of China for Chinese citizens. They must be locally operated. Expats.. they can tunnel and play, and many do.

They would have to build and deploy a completely non-sub version (like WoW did) and would have to operate it locally in China using an local business partner. The business model that is legal is token based pay for time to play.

Even if the ping for Chinese was not an issue.. there is no way they can legally play on a foreign server. Chinese players might not care and just tunnel and play.. but EA would get in deep doodoo with the Chinese government.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys don't have enough players to warrant making a super server, that is not really Bioware's fault. Well I suppose you can make the case that it is, but given that fact it is not unreasonable for them to want to move you to servers that are actually profitable for them.

I agree.

Also you guys are severely exaggerating the ping issue. Back in WoW we had an Aussie guildy on our EAST COAST server and he never complained about any lag and his performance was never influenced by lag.

I am not a pvper here on Master D - but to give them their due - this is an issue for PVP, likely not huge for PVE. Some of the PVPers on Master D are pretty fanatical (and decent from what I have seen) and there's probably the valid case that it will affect their competitiveness.

Bioware are heading to PAX Australia. Maybe it's time we organized a rebellion of our own?

If I didn't think I would get banned or charged for inciting real criminal activity I would say something completely dry and tongue-in-cheek like: "Yeah, get really, really upset about a computer game and go hurt the people who are making your life a misery and you will be much,much happier", but Im not saying that at all because you might think I was serious or that I respected your mental problem.

Waited since 1.3 for Server transfers again only for the worst PvP changes to ever come

"Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4."

Unsubbed.

Still no yellow posts :(

I have played a fare bit on the destination RP server, and while it seems ok lag wise, chat spam credit farmers and suspect scamming robot posts seem frequent. I had crossed countless mission objective ninjas too.

RP Apac server right now is HEAVY according to server status. I love our community no matter how small it may be, I not sure if I want a merge. Would much rather have option to merge APAC servers to one.

But I doubt Apac merge to one will happen. I just go with the flow. Just wish we'd get something posted from devs.

Waited since 1.3 for Server transfers again only for the worst PvP changes to ever come

"Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4."

Unsubbed.

Dr Carth have you been able to determine when the server has died? By my estimates Dalborra died of insufficient pop at 12:38am 27/05/2013 just wondering if you can confirm this.

Also since your unsubbing could you take snivy with you? INB4 nope.jpg, nope.png, nope.jpeg, nope.gif and nope.exe(the executable nope) and then allmy****s.jpg, lookhowmany****sigve.gif x10, that should cover snivy.

Edited by aVmuse

I am not at all bothered by a bit more latency (which is not lag).

but the fact they are putting NiM progression on the PTS means they are starting to care less about content. I'd say all of their in house QC are working on Cartel Items.

I am not at all bothered by a bit more latency (which is not lag).

but the fact they are putting NiM progression on the PTS means they are starting to care less about content. I'd say all of their in house QC are working on Cartel Items.

Latency and/or Lag, either way it is PVP and NiM OPs that are most affected by such. 2.2 is our servers being put out of thier misery, but not without the new content being mocking.

As for what content they have outside of Cartel Market coming out, depends on how much faith you have they developed anything of the content in the last year that wasn't already under developement before release and the gutting of the work force in the initial loss of players.

My faith is so diminished, I honestly wonder how long till we get NiM Flashpoints (level 55 versions of the classic HMs).

Dr Carth have you been able to determine when the server has died? By my estimates Dalborra died of insufficient pop at 12:38am 27/05/2013 just wondering if you can confirm this.

Also since your unsubbing could you take snivy with you? INB4 nope.jpg, nope.png, nope.jpeg, nope.gif and nope.exe(the executable nope) and then allmy****s.jpg, lookhowmany****sigve.gif x10, that should cover snivy.

You have got to be the most pathetic pile of garbage on Dalborra atm all you have done since the merges to NA servers were announced is flood general chat with your tears are you worried you might miss your lolsweep targets with slightly higher ping? garbage pos.

p.s sorry you never played on Dalborra when both imp/rep fleets would get 300+ people on them and because you started playing with 100 ppl on fleet you think 80 people on the fleet is high lol.

Edited by ImpliedCarth

You have got to be the most pathetic pile of garbage on Dalborra atm all you have done since the merges to NA servers were announced is flood general chat with your tears are you worried you might miss your lolsweep targets with slightly higher ping? garbage pos.

p.s sorry you never played on Dalborra when both imp/rep fleets would get 300+ people on them and because you started playing with 100 ppl on fleet you think 80 people on the fleet is high lol.

Coming from the guy who constantly spouts the "server is dead, no population what so ever" is any better garbage then wanting ping over population. But you know I could never have experienced 300+ people on fleet that lasted less then a month with your ever accurate projections, and you seem to think having 100 people on the fleet affects my gameplay more then 200ms will effect it. Which is rather funny because you keep assuming I'm playing lolschweeps (for the refreshing sweep) which I haven't played since before a month or so before the expansion. While you have played it more then me this expansion, so yes you are garbage too.

But since we judge of playing OP classes akin to playing a pyro back in the day of rail shot spamming, you could easily put yourself in that garbage pile twice. In the end your un-subbing and I'm not.

Coming from the guy who constantly spouts the "server is dead, no population what so ever" is any better garbage then wanting ping over population. But you know I could never have experienced 300+ people on fleet that lasted less then a month with your ever accurate projections, and you seem to think having 100 people on the fleet affects my gameplay more then 200ms will effect it. Which is rather funny because you keep assuming I'm playing lolschweeps (for the refreshing sweep) which I haven't played since before a month or so before the expansion. While you have played it more then me this expansion, so yes you are garbage too.

But since we judge of playing OP classes akin to playing a pyro back in the day of rail shot spamming, you could easily put yourself in that garbage pile twice. In the end your un-subbing and I'm not.

You're calling Pyro OP? lol you're more terrible than I thought (not really) seeing as I kicked your *** in a 1v1 on a recruit geared guardian while you were in Warhero lol.

Pyro = Great burst terrible survivability = balanced even more so with the range nerfs.

:rolleyes:

Have any of you "I want to transfer because the population will improve pops" actually tried it on the NA servers?

I have, regularly, and the difference between N/A servers pops and Dalborra is really non existent.

I jumped on Rift last night for something different, 11.00pm WA time and I played 10 pvp matches with a no more than 1 min wait, the only way to fix the pops is to do what WoW and Rift have and make them cross server.

Once these merges happen this queue pop people will come back with "you told us it would fix it" and we will be stuck on a server with higher latency and a far far worse community, but as they say, "you made your bed now lie in it"

Is this the week we were going to get more hints on what's happening with APAC transfers, or did I miss something again? :rak_02:

The Ugnaughts in charge of coding this game once again are not ready to hand over the paid transfer system this patch.

SO i play this game at probably 10 times the ping you play at and i still top dps/heal charts, i think this is a l2p issue.

Have any of you "I want to transfer because the population will improve pops" actually tried it on the NA servers?

I have, regularly, and the difference between N/A servers pops and Dalborra is really non existent.

I jumped on Rift last night for something different, 11.00pm WA time and I played 10 pvp matches with a no more than 1 min wait, the only way to fix the pops is to do what WoW and Rift have and make them cross server.

Once these merges happen this queue pop people will come back with "you told us it would fix it" and we will be stuck on a server with higher latency and a far far worse community, but as they say, "you made your bed now lie in it"

I can't agree more with this, the Q pops on Dalborra are fine. 200ms ping is not preferable for minimal Q improvement.

Can't wait for the QQ when people realise that the aussie server experience is better than what we are going to get.

It's probably a cost thing which is why they are shutting it down considering everything in Australia is much more expensive than overseas.

Edited by Applicator